Artest to Knicks deal in the works

Matt39

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47466/20070803/bucher_artest_to_knicks_deal_in_the_works/

ESPN's Ric Bucher said that he's "heard a rumor that a Artest deal was in the making" to send the talented two-way swingman back home to New York to play for the Knicks.

Bucher said the trade terms he heard do not work under the salary cap.

"That said," continued Bucher, "Artest would love to be in New York, Sacramento would love to move him and the Knicks would love to have him. When you have three parties who want something, I have to believe -- much like the Minny/Boston/KG situation -- it's going to get done.

If this is real then it is fantastic f*cking news. It makes sense. Artest doesn't want to be in Sacramento, he'd prefer to be in his hometown New York, and the Knicks have good young players and expiring they can trade to the Kings.

If the Knicks get both Ron Artest AND Zach Randolph in one off-season that would be terrific. Almost makes up for Boston trading trash for KG.

If the Knicks trade David Lee in this deal, I guarantee that Isiah's head will be cut off the next day. I can deal with Balkman being traded for him, if Artest signs a long term deal, but no on Lee. An automatic Double Double guy who hustles 100% of the time.

If the Knicks trade David Lee in this deal, I guarantee that Isiah's head will be cut off the next day. I can deal with Balkman being traded for him, if Artest signs a long term deal, but no on Lee. An automatic Double Double guy who hustles 100% of the time.

What? You think the Kings are going to trade Artest for peanuts?

Id honestly trade Lee before Balkman. We've seen Lee's ceiling imo. Balkmans a better defender and has a better handle.

You are not a Knicks fan if you honestly believe this. You MUST be a Nets fan. David Lee is an automatic double-double guy who hustles 100% of the time. And those numbers last season, he got coming off the bench. Which, is what he will be doing now too. If we got Artest, we dont need Balkman. Where would he play? Jeffries is going to be playing 20 MPG and there is also Quentin Richardson. And then who would be our backup PF/C? We have so much depth at SF. We do not have as much at PF.

You are not a Knicks fan if you honestly believe this. You MUST be a Nets fan. David Lee is an automatic double-double guy who hustles 100% of the time. And those numbers last season, he got coming off the bench. Which, is what he will be doing now too. If we got Artest, we dont need Balkman. Where would he play? Jeffries is going to be playing 20 MPG and there is also Quentin Richardson. And then who would be our backup PF/C? We have so much depth at SF. We do not have as much at PF.

Balkmans a double double guy too. PLus he's a much better on the ball defender than Lee is. Defensively, Curry, Randolph and Lee would be a sieve.

why can't we get rid of marbury?

Why would you want to? Marbury had his best season last year as a Knick. He was the opposite of selfish. He hustled every play and played very very very good defense. He also stepped up big when everyone went down injured and had huge games.

Also, even if we tried, nobody is going to take him and his 20 mill + contract.

Balkmans a double double guy too. PLus he's a much better on the ball defender than Lee is. Defensively, Curry, Randolph and Lee would be a sieve.

Ok. We trade Lee. Who is our backup PF? And where does Balkman play? We both know that Artest would start. That is a given. Then, Jeffries is going to get some playing time, I guess he can play some PF. But, do you really want that? Richardson is also going to be getting minutes at SF.

Point is, Balkman is not proven. He did prove that he can't hit a jump shot if having his dick or not depended on it. Yes, he showed great hustle, that might be lost. But, Artest's defense is better and Artest has the ability to drop 30 on a team any given night if Randolph/Curry are not on their games.

EDIT: And by the way, we have not seen Lee's ceiling. At the end of last season, before he got hurt, he was showing tremendous improvement on his perimeter jump shot and his FT% skyrocketed.

Why would you want to? Marbury had his best season last year as a Knick. He was the opposite of selfish. He hustled every play and played very very very good defense. He also stepped up big when everyone went down injured and had huge games.

Also, even if we tried, nobody is going to take him and his 20 mill + contract.

every team he leaves gets better after

Yea because they surround the guy who replaces him with better talent than Steph had. He's going nowhere he had his best all around season last year and will help the Knicks win this year.

As for Artest I would love to have him on the Knicks. His defense would drive those big shot superstar players like Lebron insane. He would make them quit basketball. I heard they were talkin of trading Nate and a 1st rounder along with either Lee or Balkman one or the other. I remember an article in newsday Artest said if he was coming to the Knicks he would want David Lee there too and if he was Isiah he wouldn't trade Lee for himself. That being said lets hope Isiah uses his Chicago street smarts to rob the kings blind of Artest while still keeping both Lee and Balkman.

Damn, If this is true, the Celts and Knicks really loaded up, we (Nets) are gonna have alot of competition in the division this year, noone wants to come here because we are in the middle of a dumbass move to $hitty ass Brooklyn.

sh

And how many championships have those teams won since he left? How much time do you need to answer question? Because I can answer it for you. ZERO! Marbury has had nothing to do with how bad his team has done.

Marbury is a career 20 PPG and 8 APG player. That is amazing. Nobody can deny that.

Brooklyn is a ****hole and you know it, it's a toxic waste dump.

Why someone would move a team there is beyond me..

Maybe because no one wants to go to the swamps to see some second rate team with nobody under the age of 39 on the team play. Perhaps putting a younger team in a place where people will want to see them play will be a better business decision for them.

The Nets can't even get a full house for a playoff game. Your country ass wouldn't know the first thing about Brooklyn.

Maybe because no one wants to go to the swamps to see some second rate team with nobody under the age of 39 on the team play. Perhaps putting a younger team in a place where people will want to see them play will be a better business decision for them.

The Nets can't even get a full house for a playoff game. Your country ass wouldn't know the first thing about Brooklyn.

1) The Nets are second rate? That's why we've been to the playoffs 7 consecutive years and the streak is still going, how many other teams can say that.

2) I can tell the age comment was out of anger, and was obviously exaggerated so I won't respond to that.

3) How am I country? I didn't know New Jersey was country.

4) Bottom line, Brooklyn is crime-ridden, dirty, trashy, hooker-infested ****hole, and I don't understand why anyone would move there (Jay-Z) all it is is an overhyped ghetto, you can say whatever you want about my comments, I really couldn't care less. So take my comment for what it is, stfu, and leave me alone now.

1) The Nets are second rate? That's why we've been to the playoffs 7 consecutive years and the streak is still going, how many other teams can say that.

2) I can tell the age comment was out of anger, and was obviously exaggerated so I won't respond to that.

4) Bottom line, Brooklyn is crime-ridden, dirty, trashy, hooker-infested ****hole, and I don't understand why anyone would move there (Jay-Z) all it is is an overhyped ghetto, you can say whatever you want about my comments, I really couldn't care less. So take my comment for what it is, stfu, and leave me alone now.

Sounds like fighting words.

Brooklyn may be hood, but atleast it aint the dump

1) Yes, second rate. In in "all" of those times they have made the playoffs..how many championships have they won? If you don't win it all it doesn't mean squat. I'm a Braves fan..trust me I know.

2) Anger? I happen to like the Nets. Dispute that their top 2 players aren't going to retire in the next 2 or 3 seasons. And when they leave..who will be there to carry the load? RJ, Williams? They'll be bottom feeders again.

3) You didn't know New Jersey was country? You are getting dumber by the line.

4) Talk about crime ridden..ever heard of Camden? You know..the highest crime rate in the U.S. Yeah..that's in NJ country boy. You wouldn't understand because you've never left your white, suburban neighborhood country boy. The only thing I have left to say about your comments is you wouldn't tell nobody in Brooklyn to their face that it's a **** hole, nor would you tell them to shut the **** up. So keep hiding behind your keyboard internet tough guy.

I'm surprised they let kids at daycare use the internet during the summer..since your country ass should be outside. That's all I have to say to you..my therapist says it best for me not to argue with 10 year olds.

1) Yes, second rate. In in "all" of those times they have made the playoffs..how many championships have they won? If you don't win it all it doesn't mean squat. I'm a Braves fan..trust me I know.

2) Anger? I happen to like the Nets. Dispute that their top 2 players aren't going to retire in the next 2 or 3 seasons. And when they leave..who will be there to carry the load? RJ, Williams? They'll be bottom feeders again.

4) Talk about crime ridden..ever heard of Camden? You know..the highest crime rate in the U.S. Yeah..that's in NJ country boy. You wouldn't understand because you've never left your white, suburban neighborhood country boy. The only thing I have left to say about your comments is you wouldn't tell nobody in Brooklyn to their face that it's a **** hole, nor would you tell them to shut the **** up. So keep hiding behind your keyboard internet tough guy.

I'm surprised they let kids at daycare use the internet during the summer..since your country ass should be outside. That's all I have to say to you..my therapist says it best for me not to argue with 10 year olds.

I'm an internet tough guy, review the last couple posts, tell me who is acting like an internet tough guy.

The Nets don't play in Camden, I've never been to camden, and Camden is one small part of NJ, Brooklyn is the entire area the Nets are looking to adopt.

I'm not from a suburban white area, ever heard of the Newark, Jersey City, Irvington area, yeah, that's where I'm from.

I don't want to get into much more profanities with you since I'm on the borderline of being gone, but I'll leave you with this.

If you were to raise a child and want him to endure a safe, clean childhood where would you move to, East Rutherford, NJ. or Brooklyn,NY. You know the answer to that.

Brooklyn is a garbage dump, you are obviously acting as the internet tough guy by saying that I wouldn't dare say something to a brooklynites face, and that I'm a suburban country person.

NJ has a higher literacy rate, and a higher graduation rate in high schools and schools as a whole than that of NY. Try knowing what the **** you are talking about before posting useless drivel, now sir, can you please leave me alone, and ignore my posts, the ignore feature is in the User CP options, add me to it.

What are you? Some poor gangsta who doesn't have anything in his life besides for a box of cereal in the closet?

You need to grow the hell up and stop acting like a punk.

I'm an internet tough guy, review the last couple posts, tell me who is acting like an internet tough guy.

The Nets don't play in Camden, I've never been to camden, and Camden is one small part of NJ, Brooklyn is the entire area the Nets are looking to adopt.

I'm not from a suburban white area, ever heard of the Newark, Jersey City, Irvington area, yeah, that's where I'm from.

I don't want to get into much more profanities with you since I'm on the borderline of being gone, but I'll leave you with this.

If you were to raise a child and want him to endure a safe, clean childhood where would you move to, East Rutherford, NJ. or Brooklyn,NY. You know the answer to that.

Brooklyn is a garbage dump, you are obviously acting as the internet tough guy by saying that I wouldn't dare say something to a brooklynites face, and that I'm a suburban country person.

NJ has a higher literacy rate, and a higher graduation rate in high schools and schools as a whole than that of NY. Try knowing what the **** you are talking about before posting useless drivel, now sir, can you please leave me alone, and ignore my posts, the ignore feature is in the User CP options, add me to it.

Newark? Jersey City?

And you talk about Brooklyn being a slum? HA!

Newark? Jersey City?

And you talk about Brooklyn being a slum? HA!

I never said Newark or Jersey City were the safest or cleanest cities, and I'm going to stop arguing with you altogether, since it seems that you are some 16 year old kid who wants to sound cool and defend a city that he couldn't even survive in.

I never said Newark or Jersey City were the safest or cleanest cities, and I'm going to stop arguing with you altogether, since it seems that you are some 16 year old kid who wants to sound cool and defend a city that he couldn't even survive in.

Or the city I lived 18 years in.

Or the city I lived 18 years in.

Of those 18 years, how many times have you had something stolen from you, or had been either threatened to be or actually physically harmed....

If you say never, you are lying your ass off.

Bottom line, Brooklyn isn't safe, and isn't an attractive town to move a franchise to, now can you please go away.

if you really believe this you're a moron, look at the UCR or any sort of crime statistics. NYC is the safest big city in America, and yes Brooklyn is part of NYC. Brooklyn was a crime-infested ****hole is 85 when all of nyc was a crime infested ****hole but this is the year 2007 and I'm willing to bet the majority of brooklyn is safer than the most of new jersery. I'm willing to admit that brooklyn has a neighborhood or two that isn't exactly a paradise but you're 100% safe walking through those neighborhoods unless it's 3am or you're looking for trouble. Oh, and New Jersey has some of the worst crime rates in the country, there are some places in jersey that make the escape from new york movies looks like a good place to vacation.

Archived