i`m jumping on the clemems bandwagon

bear

If poor decisions & poor throws like on Friday are the reason for losses I think Mangini would pull him. If he's playing even at an average level but we get out to a 1-3 start I doubt Clemens would get a shot at anything other than garbage-time.

I agree, I dont see Mangini pulling Chad unless he completely bombs and/or the Jets have 7 losses. It sucks, and I hope I am wrong and that Mangini pulls Chad when we start out 2-5, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Yes. We all know that preseason performances are a true meaure of veterans abilities. So let's pull the plug on Pennington because of his poor outing and hand the starting job to Clemens. That's a fine idea.

Wait a minute, what am I saying?!?!? Tui threw a TD, so he should definitely take over the reins moving forward. The "Tui Train" is now leaving the station. All aboooooaaaard! Who's with me?

Hey, Frisman Jackson has looked good too, while Cothchery's play was average. I think Jackson should definitely start opposite Coles now. Definitely.

And that Danny Ware. Boy did he look good. Leon's only a 10-touch per game back and TJ's nursing a sore calf/achilles/whatever. We never should have signed TJ. Let's get Ware into the rotation with Leon come 9/9.

If poor decisions & poor throws like on Friday are the reason for losses I think Mangini would pull him. If he's playing even at an average level but we get out to a 1-3 start I doubt Clemens would get a shot at anything other than garbage-time.

Which is why I'm saying, if Chad comes out in the first four games and leads us to a 1-3 mark with, say, 2 touchdowns and 6 interceptions, then I believe Mangini makes the switch.

What would your opinion of Kurt Warner have been this week in 1999? How about Brady this week in 2001?

Look, Clemens may end up being a joke as a QB. But until I see the guy play a game with first-string pro talent around him I'm holding off calling him anything bad (or anything good).

I didnt see Warner or Brady in preseason games so I cant say.

I see what Clemens has done so far in 2 preseason games this year and preseason last year and I think he is going to be no better than mediocre. Its an opinion, a counter opinion to others in this thread.

You want to hold judgment, and that is fine. I'm not going to write Clemens off and cut him because he hasnt impressed me yet. I will give him a chance, but I'm never going to believe he will be more successful than Chad this year or in the future.

Archived