Don't Give Up on Pennington Just Yet

floridajet

I think continuity will help. It can't hurt. Barring injuries, there is no position on this team where the Jets are not equal or better than last season, unless you count the Kendall situation. IMO the depth chart is meaningless with this team. Mangini bounces those guys around and I'm pretty sure that Kimo won't be starting on opening day. Remember Drew Coleman starting opening day? Guys get shuffled around like crazy.

I wouldn't compare Barnes to Askew. Askew didn't play that much-IMO Barnes is basically replacing Sean Ryan who did a great deal of the blocking out of the backfield. How has Barnes looked in the preseason? I haven't been able to see the games.

If you're counting Pennington's good games from last season you have to count Green Bay. That was basically a perfect half and the game was over before he made even a minor mistake.

You mean before he got credited with a mistake. I think GB dropped two interceptions - at least one in the endzone. He still had a good game overall, but not as good as the stats show b/c GB was as un-opportunistic as can be that day.

I think continuity will help. It can't hurt. Barring injuries, there is no position on this team where the Jets are not equal or better than last season, unless you count the Kendall situation. IMO the depth chart is meaningless with this team. Mangini bounces those guys around and I'm pretty sure that Kimo won't be starting on opening day. Remember Drew Coleman starting opening day? Guys get shuffled around like crazy.

I wouldn't compare Barnes to Askew. Askew didn't play that much-IMO Barnes is basically replacing Sean Ryan who did a great deal of the blocking out of the backfield. How has Barnes looked in the preseason? I haven't been able to see the games.

If you're counting Pennington's good games from last season you have to count Green Bay. That was basically a perfect half and the game was over before he made even a minor mistake.

One play I remember from the Vikes game last week was Barnes absolutely destroying a defensive lineman, a crushing hit to say the least. I think we have a fullback.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2007/08/dont_give_up_on_pennington.html

"Some Jets fans are amazing. Chad Pennington has one bad performance and, all of a sudden, they want Kellen Clemens at quarterback. Take a second and listen to yourselves: You want to replace a proven veteran, a player who has led the Jets to three playoff appearances, with someone who has yet to take a meaningful regular-season snap? Puh-leeze!"

Thank you.

So did Kordell Stewart. His last (half) season in Pittsburgh he had roughly a 1:1 TD:INT ratio & completed over 65% of his passes. It was still the right move for them to move on. And they moved on to Tommy Maddox at that, which must have seemed like handing over the reins to Cade McNown.

Thank you.

I suppose we must stick with CHAD just because! Come on! You are a Jets fan! Let the man earn the job by playing well. If he falters, should we stick with him, just because he is a nice guy? This is a business. The buiness of winning! Winning means: SUPER BOWLS not : One and DONE or two and through! We, as Jets fans, should be determined to win a SB rather then QB statistics that mean little! Count the rings! That is the ONLY sure sign of a winner! If Chad falters, we should bring in Kellen or someone that can bring us to a SB and if they falter, replace them. But they should have a reasonable time to do the job! . I am sure that some CHADANISTAS will oppose Kellen or whomever we get to replace CHAD, just because! GO JETS! A SUPER BOWL win is the only statistic that really matters!

Why would I give up on someone who has shown, over and over again that if he plays the majority of the season, we go to the playoffs.

Like any QB, give him the right weapons and a good defense and he can go as far as needed.

I know two picks in pre-season is supposed to send me running for shelter, but I have more perspective than that.

BZ

Why would I give up on someone who has shown, over and over again that if he plays the majority of the season, we go to the playoffs.

Like any QB, give him the right weapons and a good defense and he can go as far as needed.

I know two picks in pre-season is supposed to send me running for shelter, but I have more perspective than that.

BZ

And if it was up to you, Herm would still be our HC because "over and over again, when he has a healthy team, we go to the playoffs".

And dont forget, "like any HC, give him the right team and he can go as far as needed."

Dont worry there is a.....

reality_check_small.jpg

And if it was up to you, Herm would still be our HC because "over and over again, when he has a healthy team, we go to the playoffs".

And dont forget, "like any HC, give him the right team and he can go as far as needed."

Dont worry there is a.....

Trust me, nobody is more happy that none of this is up to me, than I am.

I did like Herm. I thought he did a good job. A lot of what he was criticized for was correct. While he was a good motivator and got his team to rebound time and time again, he was not a great game planner and left game day decisions to what seemed like a flip of the coin.

As for your quote, it is true. There are plenty of examples of an average coach taking over a great team and having success. Gruden and the Bucs is a good one.

So far, one year in, Mangini seems to be a better coach. He is much more serious and lays out plans for the games like a mastermind. That being said, he has only had one season and still hasn't won a playoff game. Time, like most things, will tell but I expect him to do well.

BZ

BZ

ONE and DONE or two and through represent mediocrity! The idea is to win a SUPER BOWL. As HERM said" They play the game to win".

ONE and DONE or two and through represent mediocrity! The idea is to win a SUPER BOWL. As HERM said" They play the game to win".

Dont quote Herm... lol

The JETS beat the Pats once and almost beat the Colts... they were a few lucky breaks away from going deep in the playoffs... not many teams win with shear talent... it takes some luck... the JETS happened to have some bad luck in the wildcard game...

Archived