Al Groh Syndrome???

4HCrew

From today's news....

Privately, players are griping about their training camp workload, and Mangini could lose his team mentally if he pushes too hard. In fact, a slow start to the season could accelerate discontent. Driving players to the brink is fine when you win, but if you lose, things can go bad in a hurry.

Something to keep an eye on...

The whispers coming from guys that training camp is too hard will not win any sympathy from me. let them work in a job and struggle for a living.

Yup , a lot of these pampered beatches :character0282: have no concept of the real world work place. No sympathy from me either.

while that stance can work Faba, if the players are too beaten up and tired come game day it defeats the whole purpose.

They were worked even harder in last yrs TC... This year Mangini has at least 1-2 days a week when the players are only in shells instead of having them in full pads in full contact practice everyday like last year. Also, I didnt go to any TC practices last year...But I remember reading that the team had an avg of 3-4 two a days per week last year...This year that number should be down to 2-3.

Anyway, the point is that sometimes the theory "no pain, no gain" proves true as it did last year. Yes, TC is tiring but the players that have been in this league a while know that if you cant survive two months of Training Camp, you'll never make it through 20 or so weeks of the reg. season and playoffs if you want to be succesful and get to the SB.

And to the tread name: No, this is DEFINATELY NOT Al Groh syndrome...Although Mangini works his players hard, they all like playing for him because, unlike Groh, whoever he puts on the field at any given time, he puts his full trust in them to get the job done. Also unlike Groh, Mangini can show a lighter side as well, such as his "Sat. Night movies" and his penguin impersonations.

Yup , a lot of these pampered beatches :character0282: have no concept of the real world work place. No sympathy from me either.

This argument can go both ways...Because in the 'real world work place' you arent running full speed while getting pounded by guys that weigh 200+ of pure muscle everyday.

This argument can go both ways...Because in the 'real world work place' you arent running full speed while getting pounded by guys that weigh 200+ of pure muscle everyday.

I'm also not getting paid a 7 figure salary like these beatches. I can take a lot of poundings for a 7 figure plus salary for only 1/2 a year.

I'm also not getting paid a 7 figure salary like these beatches. I can take a lot of poundings for a 7 figure plus salary for only 1/2 a year.

its not only 1/2 a yr anymore either.... Lets see, TC Starts in late July and the reg. season ends in late December/Early Jan. If the team goes to the Playoffs, theyre not off until Early February. In late Feb/early March the offseason conditioning programs and team meetings start, and they lead to the draft and mini camp and OTA's, which dont end until mid - late June. They then get 1 month off before reporting back to TC.

I Agree about the 7 figure salary being a big part of this, which is why I think "this argument can go both ways".

No, this is DEFINATELY NOT Al Groh syndrome...Although Mangini works his players hard, they all like playing for him because, unlike Groh, whoever he puts on the field at any given time, he puts his full trust in them to get the job done.

Absolutely. Al Groh was in way over his head as an NFL head coach, and he knew it, too. That's why he bailed at the first opportunity. These players may gripe about the summer workload, but I bet there's not many coaches they'd rather have on their side come gameday.

Coles may be the biggest complainer, but you can tell he has the utmost respect for Mangini, too. I don't think a single player had any respect for Groh as a head coach.

Archived