Does Anybody Else Think We're Sandbagging It?

SoFlaJets

we got our asses kicked by the vikes. no sandbagging here folks, just an old fashioned whipping

good teams do lousy in preseason. why try things you know will work? only herm edwards cares about being preseason champion. it's a time to try innovative stuff without giving the league insight into your bag of tricks. i don't think we intentionally lost but i certainly don't think the outcome would've been the same a few weeks from now.

I think it was the CS's intention to slightly sandbag it... problem is... the Vikes came out full steam ahead... the JETS were not giving 100% that game... your crazy if you think they were... it was vanilla plays from the staff...

good teams do lousy in preseason. why try things you know will work? only herm edwards cares about being preseason champion. it's a time to try innovative stuff without giving the league insight into your bag of tricks. i don't think we intentionally lost but i certainly don't think the outcome would've been the same a few weeks from now.

Pats are 0-2 :)

True and to the point. The Jets are not going to have a wide open offense- we do not have the personnel to do it.

Coles and Cotch can't play in a wide open offense? Sure we have the personnel, although one of the personnel might be sitting on the bench.

No, I do not think we are sandbagging the league. It's preseason, we looked good in one game and bad in another. I would not look any deeper than that at this point.

I agree with you LWC...

I think Greg Buttle nailed it in the 1st preseason game when he said "the Jets are looking to be one of those teams that lulls their opponent to sleep and capitalizes on opportunities." We dont have the depth or talent on either side to overwhelm other teams so we just do everything right and dont make mistakes and capitalize on the other teams' mistakes.

Archived