Does Anybody Else Think We're Sandbagging It?

SoFlaJets

In the age of the internet and blogs and fans camp reports has anybody else considered the possibility that the Jets are playing possum? Look at all the camp reports from this summer-I think Chad threw his deepest passes yesterday...30 yards. The Pats CS can read too, will we line up on the 9th in the shotgun and air it out right away to try and catch them off guard? From all reports there isn't even a deep pass in our playbook and defenses are gonna be thinking screen, quick out and slant at best. I don't think Mangini wanted to show the league what we can do...

In the age of the internet and blogs and fans camp reports has anybody else considered the possibility that the Jets are playing possum? Look at all the camp reports from this summer-I think Chad threw his deepest passes yesterday...30 yards. The Pats CS can read too, will we line up on the 9th in the shotgun and air it out right away to try and catch them off guard? From all reports there isn't even a deep pass in our playbook and defenses are gonna be thinking screen, quick out and slant at best. I don't think Mangini wanted to show the league what we can do...

SFJ...I responded in another thread that the entire team looks flat...first time I can remember in a long time that no rookie(s) (maybe Stuckey) has really made me say..."wow, this guy is going to be something"...the entire team hasn't impressed me...nada. Not even all these DE's they brought in.

SFJ...I responded in another thread that the entire team looks flat...first time I can remember in a long time that no rookie(s) (maybe Stuckey) has really made me say..."wow, this guy is going to be something"...the entire team hasn't impressed me...nada. Not even all these DE's they brought in.

it may be by design NS-that's what I'm starting to suspect...Andrew Gross had this line in the papers today;

"No longer will the coaching staff have to worry about spies watching their practices."

some good stuff being said about Revis and Bender who could be our starting CB and LG after Kendall is moved today...Chansi has shown from reports too...we'll find out a lot more about this team Saturday Bill

it may be by design NS-that's what I'm starting to suspect...Andrew Gross had this line in the papers today;

"No longer will the coaching staff have to worry about spies watching their practices."

some good stuff being said about Revis and Bender who could be our starting CB and LG after Kendall is moved today...Chansi has shown from reports too...we'll find out a lot more about this team Saturday Bill

What spies? The fans...or Kendall?

If it was b/c of Kendall, we were teabagging him more than sandbagging him.

Since when have you seen Chad Pennington flat out air it out? Its not going to happen anytime soon.

True and to the point. The Jets are not going to have a wide open offense- we do not have the personnel to do it.

Hopefully Bender is not moved to Left Guard. I do not want to see this kids development as the future Right Tackle be slowed by one season of need at Left Guard. Adrien Clarke will do a fine job over there once Kendall is shipped out. When I first read your post SoFla I was like, "What the F is he talking about"", but now I saw the article in todays articles and wow, the distraction is close to being gone.

Damn, and all this time I thought Jetcane was on our side.:bag:

Hopefully Bender is not moved to Left Guard. I do not want to see this kids development as the future Right Tackle be slowed by one season of need at Left Guard. Adrien Clarke will do a fine job over there once Kendall is shipped out. When I first read your post SoFla I was like, "What the F is he talking about"", but now I saw the article in todays articles and wow, the distraction is close to being gone.

when we drafted Adrian JONES I gave him a nickname after watching him in one of his 1st pre season games Adrian "The Gate" Jones-we now have Adrian "The Gate" Clarke-I'm rooting for Bender

No thanks. If Jacob Bender starts at Left Guard this year and then is moved back to Right Tackle to learn the RT position and he is behind a year, I will EXTREMELY f'ing pissed off at this organization. If Bender is moved to LG then he damn well better stay there. Why the f would you slow this kids development? Clarke will do a fine job. This is sickening to me unless Bender stays at LG throughout his career.

I used to think so too but he doesn't like me anymore after making a stupid UM comment (read; stupid, as uninformed more than anything else)

I never thought a guy as old as Jetcane could take such a love for a college football team as much as he does. Did he go to Convict University? I don't know for sure, but the man sure as hell hates everyone who speaks out one word against them. I.E. - He hates a lot of people.

While I don't think we are sandbagging it, I do think we are playing these pre-season games very tight to the chest. From what I have seen, it is a lot of what we did last year, which teams already have tape on.

Again, Mangini seems to be someone who likes to do things quietly.

BZ

While I don't think we are sandbagging it, I do think we are playing these pre-season games very tight to the chest. From what I have seen, it is a lot of what we did last year, which teams already have tape on.

Again, Mangini seems to be someone who likes to do things quietly.

BZ

I think this is when the real playbook gets broken out-with no fans and scouts around-oh yea and no Pete Kendall either

Damn, and all this time I thought Jetcane was on our side.:bag:

I must say, that there were several times when I was scanning the field with my binoculars that I saw a coach or player looking right at me.

They obviously didnt know i was making mental notes for tc reports, and not for other teams.

Little did they know that I am just a simple poster. ;)

when we drafted Adrian JONES I gave him a nickname after watching him in one of his 1st pre season games Adrian "The Gate" Jones-we now have Adrian "The Gate" Clarke-I'm rooting for Bender

After two games with a new team, he gets a nickname rather prematurely, IMO. Lets give the guy time to get acclimated with his linemates & Offensive scheme. How come nothing was said about him pancaking Kevin Williams Friday night? He also opend a few holes for Leon. Not saying he is the greatest thing since sliced bread but he should get a bit more time to fully develop. HIGH draft choices also struggle on the OL. Clarke struggled but how come his first game, in which he was so good, ( ATLANTA) is now overlooked? Do I want more from him: YES! If we dump guys after only two games, oh well! CHAD has had a few bad games too! Lets see: How about two shutouts last year? Do we call him: "ZERO"?- LOL Does anyone remember the trials and tribulations of B. Moore when he first started at OG for us? How about Kerry Jenkins? Randy Rasmussen?

GO JETS!

No thanks. If Jacob Bender starts at Left Guard this year and then is moved back to Right Tackle to learn the RT position and he is behind a year, I will EXTREMELY f'ing pissed off at this organization. If Bender is moved to LG then he damn well better stay there. Why the f would you slow this kids development? Clarke will do a fine job. This is sickening to me unless Bender stays at LG throughout his career.

He's an alum...GO CANES! (sorry faba...;))

After two swith a new team, he gets a nickname rather prematurely, IMO. Lets give the guy time to get acclimated with his linemates. How come nothing was said about him pancaking Kevin Williams Friday night? He also opend a few holes for Leon. Not saying he is the greatest thing since sliced bread but he should get a bit more time to fully develop. HIGH draft choices also struggle on the OL. Clarke struggled but how come his first game, in wehich he was so good, ( ATLANTA) is now overlooked? Do I want more from him: YES! If we dump guys after only two games, oh well! CHAD has had a few bad games too! Lets see: How about two shutouts last year? Do we call him: "ZERO"?- LOL Does anyone remember the trials and tribulations of B. Moore when he first started at OG for us? How about Kerry Jenkins? Randy Rasmussen?

GO JETS!

Ask Mangini...I guess he didn't like what he saw either.

I used to think so too but he doesn't like me anymore after making a stupid UM comment (read; stupid, as uninformed more than anything else)

Not true, SFJ. You're a great guy.

I was a little p1ssed that a tc thread I worked hard on became a Canes bashing thread, but I'm over it. (spermie let me vent to him, and it's water under the bridge now.)

Not true, SFJ. You're a great guy.

I was a little p1ssed that a tc thread I worked hard on became a Canes bashing thread, but I'm over it. (spermie let me vent to him, and it's water under the bridge now.)

I hate losing an internet friend for being an uninformed idiot-it's a big difference than if I was being a snarky dick but that wasn't the case.

A couple of years ago during either hurricane Francis or Jean my daughter got real mad at me when I opened the front door to go out and smoke a cigarette. Everybody in the house got badly pissed because they said we could lose the roof from the wind pressure-I didn't KNOW that...I was uninformed...I told them you can't be mad at me for being a friggin stupid idiot

that a tc thread I worked hard on (spermie let me vent to him, and it's water under the )

We can all tell that you worked hard on all your TC Reports if you ask me... I loved each and everyone of them also man...

Through your TC Reports I have hope in C.Pennington (Even after that horriable pre-season outing, it's just the pre-seaon) I am a huge FSU fan and I knew from the day we drafted Leon that he was goint to be a special player for years to come, but through your TC Reports Cane, I am really pumped up about knowning that Leon wont run into the "NFL Sophmore Jinx" ... I can go on and on. Thanks for all the hard work and you should really think about getting into sports writing....

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. **shakes head**

I understand these young Jets fans gettting their hopes up, but you and I are old enough to know better.

We're not sandbagging. We're screwed. Last year's surprising season ws just that light at the end of the tunnel that always turns out to be a train on the way to a wreck.

How's that for mixing metaphors?

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. **shakes head**

I understand these young Jets fans gettting their hopes up, but you and I are old enough to know better.

We're not sandbagging. We're screwed. Last year's surprising season ws just that light at the end of the tunnel that always turns out to be a train on the way to a wreck.

How's that for mixing metaphors?

Every year my cousin Anthony calls me and asks me at this time "how do we look?" and I always give him the same answer every year"SUPER BOWL BABY" and he always cracks up.

I told him yesterday that every team is so close that it just comes down to a handfull of plays and made kicks and a couple of good calls here and there from the refs as well as NOT getting too many injuries.That's what seperates teams that make the playoffs and teams that pick in the top ten in April...the longer I watch this game the more convinced I become to this

We can all tell that you worked hard on all your TC Reports if you ask me... I loved each and everyone of them also man...

Through your TC Reports I have hope in C.Pennington (Even after that horriable pre-season outing, it's just the pre-seaon) I am a huge FSU fan and I knew from the day we drafted Leon that he was goint to be a special player for years to come, but through your TC Reports Cane, I am really pumped up about knowning that Leon wont run into the "NFL Sophmore Jinx" ... I can go on and on. Thanks for all the hard work and you should really think about getting into sports writing....

Thanks.

fsu has a few nice things going for it.

FSU72.jpg

139-500.jpg

1249686.jpg

443310-jenn-sterger-18.jpg

fsu_1.gif

Ask Mangini...I guess he didn't like what he saw either.

Eric's whole OFFENSE was putrid in the Minny game. Two days after the game, CLARKE got 2/3 of the snaps with the first team. However, the very first practice after that game, Clarke did practice with the second team while BENDER practiced with the FIRST TEAM with Kendall in an alternate role. Neither you nor I know what is in ERIC's mind, especially with the trade of Kendall apparently imminent. IMO if ERIC felt CLARKE could not do the job , would he even think of trading Kendall? Who really lknows what is going on inside HOFSTRA? Perhaps a trade for a decent OG is imminent or one will be found on the waiver wire. AUG 28 is the first cut down date. GO JETS!

Does anybody think we`re really good enough to Sandbag it ....

that's not the point I'm trying to make JJ-what I'm saying is in what we've been showing the fans at camp and the other teams in these PS games-especially involving the (seemingly) absolute inabilty to stretch the field in the passing game

sofla - i think the jets are definitely sandbagging. to a certain extent everyone in the league sandbags - its just a matter of degree. i actually remember starting a thread last summer claiming that the jets were definitely sandbagging.

if you watch the jets offense so far this season you don't see any combination routes - just simple 3 or 5 step drops with receivers running single routes (slants, outs, hitches, etc...). the real shot offense is based on a lot of formations, mis-direction, and combination routes - something the jets have not shown any of.

sofla - i think the jets are definitely sandbagging. to a certain extent everyone in the league sandbags - its just a matter of degree. i actually remember starting a thread last summer claiming that the jets were definitely sandbagging.

if you watch the jets offense so far this season you don't see any combination routes - just simple 3 or 5 step drops with receivers running single routes (slants, outs, hitches, etc...). the real shot offense is based on a lot of formations, mis-direction, and combination routes - something the jets have not shown any of.

thanks FB

Archived