Which player is least likely a Jet next year?

NY Jets Guy

Which player will LEAST likely be a Jet in 2008?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which player will LEAST likely be a Jet in 2008?

• Pennington
    • Vilma
    • Robertson

All currently seem like viable options to be traded in 2008.

Chad Pennington to be replaced by Kellen?

Vilma to be replaced by Harris?

Robertson to be replaced by a big free agent NT?

pole? otherwise i go with David Barrett

out of your choices, i choose vilma

pole? otherwise i go with David Barrett

out of your choices, i choose vilma

For me it was between Pennington and Vilma...

Pennington has a good replacement in KC and we would probably get the most in return for him.

Vilma is a very good defender, maybe not as good in the 3-4 but still good. With our Hybrid defense he will be beneficial in coverage and when we line up in a 4-3.

Robertson though small for a NT, could be a good change of pace if we do get a big NT (while the fatter guy gets a breather). He'd also be good when we switch to a 4-3 and possibly as a defensive end.

I'd say Vilma. If he doesn't somehow have a big year, then they might take advantage of his youth and ability in the 4-3 and trade him for good value.

I think Chad would not mind playing a back-up mentoring role to Clemens and the Jets would be agreeable with a salary restructuring.

If we do get an ideal NT, DRob can play an important role sharing time with the NT, lining up as the 3T in 4-3 formations and sometimes playing DE.

For me it was between Pennington and Vilma...

Pennington has a good replacement in KC and we would probably get the most in return for him.

Vilma is a very good defender, maybe not as good in the 3-4 but still good. With our Hybrid defense he will be beneficial in coverage and when we line up in a 4-3.

Robertson though small for a NT, could be a good change of pace if we do get a big NT (while the fatter guy gets a breather). He'd also be good when we switch to a 4-3 and possibly as a defensive end.

Imagine this scenario: Vilma and Pennington both gone for several draft picks...Plus the extra we got for PK...and we have lots of draft picks and cap room to really build a squad!!! Think 2000 without all the 1st round picks- the Jets have been good ever since..

The downside: We are pretty much trading away the face of not only our offense but our defense as well- you wonder how the locker room would react to such moves. Professional athletes, especially veterans, dont react well to the term "rebuilding".

There is no way in hell that Pennington would net more in return than Vilma. We could probably get a 1st rounder for Vilma. I doubt the Jets could get a 1st DAY pick for Pennington.

Vilma. The Jets can get the most for Vilma as in a 43 defense he will be a yearly Pro Bowl invitee. He is also younger than the 2 players listed along with him and he fits in the worst of any of the 3 in terms of wasting his god given talent.

Archived