Jacob Bender's College Crowds

Maxman

Bender, who said his home games in college averaged about 3,500 fans, is jacked up for his Giants Stadium debut.

Can you imagine what he is going to feel on Sunday? I hope it is jacked up and not just very nervous. Running out of the tunnel as a starter -- Jets\Pats to open the season -- 78,000 people screaming. (Well 22,000 as the others are being shuttled over, hopefully in time for the 2nd half. :P)

Good luck Mr. Bender. In a lot of ways I really feel like he is the key. Belly is going to blitz and try to rattle him. How he reacts will go a long way to determining how well the Jets do.

I think the thing that will get to him the most, as it does to many first time players playing the Jets at home, is when the 77,000 thousand of us or so are all silent all at once and then unleash the awesome: J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!! screaming from our lungs.

Can you imagine what he is going to feel on Sunday? I hope it is jacked up and not just very nervous. Running out of the tunnel as a starter -- Jets\Pats to open the season -- 78,000 people screaming. (Well 22,000 as the others are being shuttled over, hopefully in time for the 2nd half. :P)

Good luck Mr. Bender. In a lot of ways I really feel like he is the key. Belly is going to blitz and try to rattle him. How he reacts will go a long way to determining how well the Jets do.

I'm not worried about bender. I'm worried about chad getting is arms ripped off.

No, say this nightmare isn't happening!!!!Noooooooooooo! Please! Wake me up.

We aren't really opening the ason at home vs. The Pats. A healthy, 31 year old Chad Pennington, defending his CPOY trophy, going for the All Time comp% Record, breaks the huddle, walks up to the line, Our new FA stud RB and his Bulldozing partner Mr. Barnes behind him.

To his far right is his favorite target since becoming a pro, pro-bowler Laverneous Coles, his closest friend whose special connection translates into special plays.ON the other side is the new rising star, the Mayor himself, Mr. Cotch. Ask those two if Chad knows how to get production out of mid-round WR talent, but I digress, back to my horrible nightmare.

He lines up, hands up under the best rookie Center last year bar none, a guy who stepped in for a perrenial pro-bowler and the drop-off was zero. So, he steps in under Mangold, a HOF type guy, two guys over from Mangold I see the jersey says Fergusan. Ok, that's our #4 OVERALL pick last year. That's our Franchise LT, ok, great!!!

We're ready to kick butt, Chad, TJones and Leon. Two 1,000 yard recievers, wait ........what's that

what does that Jersey say in between Mangold and Fergusan......B.....E .....noooooooo!

That's where I keep waking up in a cold sweat.

Anyone else getting this dream?????

Whoa...

I've been thinking about this a lot today because of that article. He is going to be pumped when he hears that many fans screaming and it may be a little overwhelming. In all seriousness, he will probably false start in the first quarter due to the jitters but I think he will settle down nicely and play a decent game.

I'm thinking we should come out and run the ball to his side for 3 plays in a row (hopefully getting a first down) so that he can get his licks and start feeling comfortable. He is an excellent run blocker from what I've seen so that might be a good way to get the game going in the right direction for him. It would also nullify Belly's early blitzing attempts to try and rattle Bender. Just a thought.

Archived