New Coen Brothers Movie Trailer

SoFlaJets

I thought I was the only one who liked Oh Brother Where Art Thou!! I had to watch it for a film appreciation class and thought it was brilliant.

I need to get to the movies more often.. I'll definitely check this new one out. ;)

Burn After Reading is the one coming out after this MTJ which should even be better b/c Joel and Ethan wrote it. Brad Pitt plays a nerdy type also in it is George Clooney and John Malkovitch

I like a bunch their movies. Hudsucker Proxy was awful though (total waste of Paul Newman), as was Intolerable Cruelty (other than Cedric the Entertainer who's always awesome).

I have the grandkids over today and noticed they were involved with Disney's Toy Story which is also great-I'll bet you they made a ton of dough on that one.....every kid in America has that movie-I know we've bought it on VCR and DVD

I thought I was the only one who liked Oh Brother Where Art Thou!! I had to watch it for a film appreciation class and thought it was brilliant.

I need to get to the movies more often.. I'll definitely check this new one out. ;)

I liked O Brother, probably because I liked the music.

Loved The Big Lebowski, too; didnt see Miller's crossing. Was it any good? Anyone? Buehler?

I liked O Brother, probably because I liked the music.

Loved The Big Lebowski, too; didnt see Miller's crossing. Was it any good? Anyone? Buehler?

OMG JC-GREAT GREAT movie-it's one of those you can watch over and over...Gabriel Byrne, Albert Finney, John Turturro...excellent story

JC he's not kidding. It was hands-down my favorite of theirs. If you like prohibition-age gangster movies & liked any of their other movies, I cannot fathom you not enjoying this immensely.

man Gabriel Byrne takes some beatings in that one don't he SE? He plays one tough little Mick-Finney with that Chicago Typewriter to Danny Boy?...wow great stuff man

JC he's not kidding. It was hands-down my favorite of theirs. If you like prohibition-age gangster movies & liked any of their other movies, I cannot fathom you not enjoying this immensely.

Alright, it just got moved to near the top of the list of things to do on a rainy day.

man Gabriel Byrne takes some beatings in that one don't he SE? He plays one tough little Mick-Finney with that Chicago Typewriter to Danny Boy?...wow great stuff man

Byrne & Finney were brilliant. Jon Polito was probably my favorite. I don't want to put any spoilers in here b/c JC (and anyone else who hasn't) should really see it. No agendas, social, or political messages intertwined to get some subliminal point across. Just a good f'ing movie.

Byrne & Finney were brilliant. Jon Polito was probably my favorite. I don't want to put any spoilers in here b/c JC (and anyone else who hasn't) should really see it. No agendas, social, or political messages intertwined to get some subliminal point across. Just a good f'ing movie.

You can talk about it with SFJ. I wont read it closely, if at all.

I thought fargo was good too, but Raising Az, meh.

You can talk about it with SFJ. I wont read it closely, if at all.

I thought fargo was good too, but Raising Az, meh.

Fargo was far more critically acclaimed, and I thought it was an excellent movie, but I honestly enjoyed Miller's Crossing much more.

Same here on Raising Arizona. Had some good scenes, some good characters, and good acting, but it didn't "do it" for me either. Certainly watchable, but not great.

Blood Simple I've tried to watch 4 separate times & have never made it through the halfway point. Beyond boring.

Hudsucker Proxy was awful. Just a dumb movie. Not entertaining.

Barton Fink was a little artsy-fartsy at times (too much attention to lighting, symbolism, etc). I actually liked it better the 2nd/3rd time I saw it when it was just on some random channel. Kind of grew on me.

Intolerable Cruelty was lousy except for always-a-riot Cedric.

Big Lebowski was really good. Definitely something I leave on when I catch it on a random channel.

Liked O Brother also. Music was great & a funny flick. A bit dragged out & some unnecessary scenes, but I liked it.

NOT A CHANCE!!! I loved it.

• 1 year later...

we just watched Burn After Reading yesterday and I almost had a friggin heart attack laughing at the ending-it was unlike any other Coen Brothers movie-it was almost like a long set up joke with a killer punchline at the end

Fargo, Miller's Crossing and Raising Arizona were good movies.

But No COuntry for Old Men sucked, SUCKED SUCKED.

The ending sucked.

Tommy Lee Jones sucked.

A killer walking around with a a cattle prod is a total joke.

Yet it won Best Picture.

Where do I get back that 2 hours of my life?

Simply the Coens have been told so often they are geniuses that they think they can slop poop onto film and have it praised as brilliant.

we just watched Burn After Reading yesterday and I almost had a friggin heart attack laughing at the ending-it was unlike any other Coen Brothers movie-it was almost like a long set up joke with a killer punchline at the end

Watched it last week... hilarious... the closet scene caught me off guard though... lol

Archived