If we can beat Baltimore... We can be 4-1 going into week 6

DefenseWinsChampionships

No game is the NFL is a easy one... Thats not what I'm trying to say, as a fan of the Jets... Im just trying to keep some hope.

1 game at a time... And it all starts with Baltimore in less than 24 hours but if we can find a way to win... Some how, some way... If we can get a win... I feel we are in pretty good shape for a playoff run.

After Baltimore we play

Miami

@Buffalo

Giants.

I have hope for this season... And it all starts with the game tommorow when we play the Ravens... If we can beat them, one game at a time... But I feel we can get to 4-1, that would be awsome.

No game is the NFL is a easy one... Thats not what I'm trying to say, as a fan of the Jets... Im just trying to keep some hope.

1 game at a time... And it all starts with Baltimore in less than 24 hours but if we can find a way to win... Some how, some way... If we can get a win... I feel we are in pretty good shape for a playoff run.

After Baltimore we play

Miami

@Buffalo

Giants.

I have hope for this season... And it all starts with the game tommorow when we play the Ravens... If we can beat them, one game at a time... But I feel we can get to 4-1, that would be awsome.

we will go 3-2 IMO after a loss to Baltimore.

After Baltimore we play

Miami

@Buffalo

Giants.

Losing to BAL in a respectable fashion would be a step in the right direction and would help to set up the Jets for the next few weeks. Another spanking would hurt the team's confidence, I'm sure. But Mangini is excellent at preparing for a game in terms of both strategy and forgetting the past. I think they will play well.

They will have to have success running the ball.

We could be 0-5 unless this team steps up. I think we can definitely beat the Fins and Bills, no guarantees, but we will have trouble with the Giants. No point in predicting right now, obviously we want to win every game. One game a time.

Funny, I think the Giants may be the easiest of the three. Especially considering the injuries they've had.

because I love them, and I would absolutely LOVE IT if we win tomorrow. I just dont think we will.

Your calling me a bad fan for thinking we will lose a game. I hope to god we win, I just cant see anyway in which we can.

What you just explained is completely different then the way you been acting all day. You pretty much said we have 0% chance of winning.

WE WILL WIN TOMMOROW.

Damn dudes. No Chad=No Chance. That's just IMHO. To throw Clemens in against that Ravens defense will rough. I will wish you good luck though because a loss for Baltimore is good for Cincy!

What he said.

Ghost you have to get it through your head.

Clemens hasnt experienced anything close to what hes going to see tommorow, maybe you dont realise just how aggresive and complex that Ravens D is.

It is the best in the NFL bar none.

If Clemens has a good game or even decent game tommorow Id be amazed.

Clemens may be a very good QB in this league for years o come, but to throw him in the deep end vs that D and expect him to produce in his first start is very naive.

After getting killed by the Patriots, camera or no camera we still lost 38-14, you're ready to predict that the Jets will be 4-1 heading into Week 6 if they can beat Baltimore? Are you out of your f'ing mind?

The Jets, at best, will be 3-2 heading into Week 6. They will face tough challenges in all of their next 4 games.

Baltimore tomorrow is going to be ugly I fear, but you never know.

Miami is a rivalry game but still we should win.

We seemingly always split with Buffalo so is this the game we win or lose?

The Giants is a rivalry game as well and Eli Manning, as well as possibly Brandon Jacobs, will be back in time for this game.

I see the Jets more likely at 2-3 or 3-2, than 4-1.

What you just explained is completely different then the way you been acting all day. You pretty much said we have 0% chance of winning.

WE WILL WIN TOMMOROW.

Its more like 0.5% but rounding it down to 0% is fine with me.

Sorry Ghost but I just cant see any any possible way in which Clemens (or anyone else on O) can do anything vs that D.

What he said.

Clemens hasnt experienced anything close to what hes going to see tommorow, maybe you dont realise just how aggresive and complex that Ravens D is.

If Clemens has a good game or even decent game tommorow Id be amazed.

Clemens may be a very good QB in this league for years o come, but to throw him in the deep end vs that D and expect him to produce in his first start is very naive.

I agree with you. But the ravens are inept on offense. Our defense could realistically win this game if they make some big plays and Clemens just safely manages his way to a victory. Its possible, but its going to be tough because the Ravens defense makes big plays every game.

What he said.

Clemens has experienced anything close to what hes going to see tomorrow, maybe you dont realise just how aggressive and complex that Ravens D is.

If Clemens has a good game or even decent game tomorrow Id be amazed.

What about the Ravens offense ? They look horribile, what if we can take advantage of that. What about special teams ? Who has the advantage their ? Come on, get real.

I have already stated that I like Kyle Boller and have for a good while. i think he is better than McNair.

Also when was the last time Willis McGahee played the Jets and didnt run all over us. I hope somehow we can force Boller into making mistakes, but here how I see it:

As bad as we can make things for Boller the Ravens can make things twice as bad for Clemens.

The Ravens will probably generate a running attack, I highly doubt we'll do anything on the ground.

The one wild card in this game that i hope plays a big factor is special teams. I think Miller returning a kick for a TD and getting us good starting feild position regularly would be huge. On the other side of the corn they I believe have Ed Reed returning kicks which is bad bad news.

I am relying on Special teams for us to ahve anychance of winning this game. That is a bad bad sign.

The Jets can win this game

Billick is waaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated

WE will be prepared, and playing hard as a TEAM after being screwed by GoToHell

We can do this

The Ravens defense had been very good for a long time. But Ray Lewis has been living on his rep for half a decade. I saw a decent defense and Ed Reed Monday night. But Reed is hurt. The Ravens offense is from hunger. It's not an easy game, but a winnable one.

The idea that Clemens is going to roll up in the fetal position is laughable.As laughable as the naysayers when Pennington himself took over for Testaverde in 2002. He may fail, but his whole life has been gearing to this moment. That's the ultimate question-is he Browning Nagle, or Chad Pennington (a decent servicable wiining NFL QB) or something even greater? It's why you watch the game.

Stopped reading right here.

I take you do not watch the Ravens often.

Look, the guy tried to hold out from camp in 2006 demanding $15 Million-and they laughed at him, and he came back with his tail between his legs. Yeah, I have watched the games, even the few Lewis has played in when not hurt.He may the lead the NFL in UnderArmour ads, and not much else. Reed is their defense. Lewis is not what he was, but they'vew allowed him to strut around like the king of sheet. BFD.

Look, the guy tried to hold out from camp in 2006 demanding $15 Million-and they laughed at him, and he came back with his tail between his legs. Yeah, I have watched the games, even the few Lewis has played in when not hurt.He may the lead the NFL in UnderArmour ads, and not much else. Reed is their defense. Lewis is not what he was, but they'vew allowed him to strut around like the king of sheet. BFD.

Im really expecting you to eat your words by the end of the season.

You have absolutely no idea how much that guy brings to the table.

The worst news for the Jets all week was that Ray Lewis would play. Their D is a totally different unit without him.

He is still one hell of a player and still one of the most physical players around not to mention one of if not the smartest defender in the league. He is still a huge force.

Im really expecting you to eat your words by the end of the season.

You have absolutely no idea how much that guy brings to the table.

The worst news for the Jets all week was that Ray Lewis would play. Their D is a totally different unit without him.

He is still one hell of a player and still one of the most physical players around not to mention one of if not the smartest defender in the league. He is still a huge force.

I think he's hurt worse than he's letting on. He knows their offense sucks giant sweaty donkey balls, so he's doing this so there isn't a lull on the defensive side of the ball either. I have no clue how competent this backup QB Clemens is for you guys, but if your defense can keep the pressure on the Ravens, and don't fall behind early, the Jets may just have a chance. It's going to take a well coached game by Mangini, but I think he'll be up to the task enough to keep it at least close.

Look at it this way. Monday he had 7 tackles and 4 assists. he can be handled by a guard. H'es not going upfield and sacking anyone because speedwise he isn't getting there. He's 32, and 6'1" listed at 250(almost certainly heavier) playing LB. Either he's a tackling machine, or they run at him because there's no fear.

He's small and gaining weight at the same time. He can be physical, but if he weren't he'd be done. And if a back is 4+ yards up field, so what? At 32, he's lost more than a step. This is like someone telling us in 2001 how Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones were still effective simply because teams ran at them and stats wise theyhad tackles(Herman Edwards logic).

But I guess CLICK CLACK and commercials are what matters.

Simply the player on that defense you gameplan around is Ed Reed.

JEJ-

Yanks are going to the playoffs. And they treat Schilling like the Juggs machine he has become. Plus Joba and Mo are rested.

After Baltimore we play

Miami

@Buffalo

Giants.

Problem is that if we lose to Baltimore we could also be 0-5 with a couple bad breaks.

Archived