Welcome to QB Controversy

shawn306

Well Clemens showed alot in those 15 minutes.

Gotta tip my hat to the guy. He took a beating for three qtrs and then suddenly things started to click. OL started blocking giving Clemens the time to throw the football. If it wasn't for the two drops by McCarins and one by Coles (Although I think Clemens took a little off on that one, we would probably still be playing.

Mangini just said in the Post Game Chad is still the starter but we will see.

As for the defense....

I do think they were able to contain McGahee which is something they haven't done in past. The bad part though is once again no sacks, no turnovers. You can't win playing like that.

The Jets had a good 15 minutes and almost stole a game.

Now they have to build on that with and 0-2 Miami coming in next week.

Indeed. This is now a legit QB competition between Chad and Kellen. Hopefully now if Chad starts anytime soon that this will help build a fire under him to do better. If not, we have Kellen.

This is a win-win situation.

Well put 124

Well put

What I loved is the change of mentality with the offense.

For the first 2.5 quarters, the Jets ran a Chad Pennington offense, but with KC behind center. For the final bit of the 3rd and into the 4th they used his strength which is the passes 15-20 yards down the field. It's not just the arm strength but the timing which was great. How many sideline passes did he make (Baker for the TD, McCareins for a 1st, Coles on the final drive.) those are all extremely difficult touch passes which he made perfectly.

I'm a Chad guy, and still think that he is the starter and leader on this team. But KC showed some guts and confidence which I didn't expect out of this kid especially going against THAT defense.

Archived