Week Two Report Card

Maxman

So I see a C+, D+ and C-. I agree most with the C+, obviously, since I thought this was a B+, A- performance especially when compared with last week. I stick with my grade and disagree with others. What one of these writers fails to point out or acknowledge is that Justin Miller left the game early, therefore limiting our return game.

This thread is cracking me up. Good stuff. :cheers:

No problem, amigo. :cheers:

It's been a real educational experience. :)

So far i have learned that an A- is deserved because Ben Graham had only one bad punt, Justin Miller was out for the majority of the game so what were you expecting on Kick Returns, Corey Ivy is just insane getting down there, he and David Tyree are the best at forcing return men to fair catch the ball and are also the best at downing the ball inside the 10, so who cares if we only had 6 yards on punt returns for the day, wallace wright was in perfect position but didnt have his head in the game so he forgot to tackle the ball carrier but its okay because he was in perfect position. Let's totally ignore our own blocker pushing Reed into our punter, a sixty yard KO return is better than a 108 yard KO return, and it's okay if Brad Smith cant recover the onside kick because it was a great kick so who cares?

:-P

Yep, sounds like it should have been an A+!

No problem, amigo. :cheers:

It's been a real educational experience. :)

So far i have learned that an A- is deserved because Ben Graham had only one bad punt, Justin Miller was out for the majority of the game so what were you expecting on Kick Returns, Corey Ivy is just insane getting down there, he and David Tyree are the best at forcing return men to fair catch the ball and are also the best at downing the ball inside the 10, so who cares if we only had 6 yards on punt returns for the day, wallace wright was in perfect position but didnt have his head in the game so he forgot to tackle the ball carrier but its okay because he was in perfect position. Let's totally ignore our own blocker pushing Reed into our punter, a sixty yard KO return is better than a 108 yard KO return, and it's okay if Brad Smith cant recover the onside kick because it was a great kick so who cares?

:-P

Yep, sounds like it should have been an A+!

Justin Miller was hurt, that will effect the return game, like it or not.

Rashad Washington was trying to see if the refs would completely miss the shove and get a personal foul penalty on Reed. I don't see how that is a bad play.

And yes, by logic, letting up a 61 yard return is much better than letting up a 108 yard return for a touchdown.

It is not okay that Brad Smith did not recover, he just didn't come up with a hard leaping in the air grab and he is young. Young guys make mistakes. Mike Nugent's kicks were still very good all day.

What are you expecting when Leon Washington has to fair catch the ball?

I stand by my grades but am done talking about the Special Teams.

I think it was Clarke that recovered the fumble....

Saying Rhodes played excellent is a little bit of a stretch...that blown coverage on heap was huge.

The seconday getting anything above a C is bad considering DAVID BARRET IS A PART OF THE SECONDARY...

I think the last quarter of the game made a lot of people forget about the first 3

Adrien Clarke did recover the fumble.

Archived