The worst beat reporter for the Jets

They ALL suck.  It is pretty sad when the only one I could think of that I actually liked was Jenny before the twerps started commenting on the Star Ledger articles.  Even liked Connor back in those days.  Today the only thing lower on the food chain are the local politicians.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GKnight83 said:

They ALL suck.  It is pretty sad when the only one I could think of that I actually liked was Jenny before the twerps started commenting on the Star Ledger articles.  Even liked Connor back in those days.  Today the only thing lower on the food chain are the local politicians.

All the jets best writers suck.  Costello, Mehta, Cimini -  they are all horrible 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Covering the Jets last 10 years can’t be a dream job for them either.   

• Sympathy 1

no one who covers the team know anything. they gotta be the least plugged in beat in the league.  they aren't any different than any of us just talking about the team from a distance. remember that everytime you read sh*t they "Report"

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

It’s an impossible call.  Hughes and Rosenblatt give him a run for his money.  

Rosenblatt's start was promising - coverd the Jets straight at the beginning.

But he was inevitably infected by the rest of them. I was disappointed to watch the heel turn.

• Upvote 1

Cimini is the real journalist of that bunch.
Cimini is a bit of an enigma .. he does get caught in large stretches of tabloid trolling BS with the rest.. but when. He applies himself he is a damn good reporter.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Cimini is a bit of an enigma .. he does get caught in large stretches of tabloid trolling BS with the rest.. but when. He applies himself he is a damn good reporter.

Cimini sucks and he’s a Goddamned sourpuss.  Was also a big fan of the jets drafting the flava sava Paxton Lynch in 2016 that would have been hilarious 

• Upvote 1

Do you remember how Jets fans hated venomously on Mark Cannizzaro until he was deathly sick? Then Rich Cimini's spirit animal was burned anually at the stake as if he was a mumbling French medieval witch. Tom Rock took some high heat inside the plate before he bolted to the Giants, then came embarrassment and hell on earth for Manish Mehta (who might have been the one who deserved the criticism), Judy Battista didn't stay long enough to be hated, the New York Times guy a million years ago who wrote a book... who's name I forget - did he escape the hate? Conor Hughes takes lots of heat, DJ Bien-Aime the unfortunate Dolphins fan got serious, serious flak. So far Zack Rosenblatt is not yet hated and had Jets fan Voodoo performed on a doll in his likeness. I know I have missed a million more columnists since those ancient Bruce Coslet years that I barely remember. Can you honestly blame Brian Costello? You want him to quit and find some honorable work as a school bus driver? I imagine it is both a dream job and a badly paid terrible job dealing with the Jets PR machine on a regular basis.

The Jets beat writers have been standing guard on the wall of NFL oblivion for a million years of Jets management and coaching incompetence.  Parcells and Ryan were brief respites from multiple Saharas of football losing. The fans rather than hate on the franchise itself, blame the jaded burnt-out beat writers for making a living and attempting to find their writing voice filtered from Jets water treatment facility truth for you to hold your nose and wade chest high through.

"They're cynical, lazy, sarcastic.. they are plain wrong and  five borough liars"  you say.  They are simply easy targets to denigrate and harass.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

5 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Like him or not, at least Hughes shows effort.

Some of the others are the definition of collecting a paycheck for the most minimal amount of work possible.

They offer little insight.  Rarely break news.  Are not funny or entertaining.

Outside of that, they’re great.

Connor Hughes was once pretty good as a beat writer but since he moved over to SNY as their "NFL Insider" he comes off as very arrogant and at times angry when things don't go the way he thinks they should.  The current beat writers are either lazy complainers (Costello), old and crotchety (Cimini), or relatively new to the beat (I do kind of like Antwan Staley from the NY Daily News but Zach Rosenblatt from the Athletic is hit or miss).

While we're assessing Jets "reporters", does anyone know how Jeane Coakley on SNY still gets a paycheck?  Can't express a thought that's not being read (poorly) off a teleprompter, asks someone a question and then interrupts them 3 seconds into their response, and when doing a joint update with someone like Connor Hughes, can't figure out when to look at the other person or look at the camera, etc.  Surely, in the biggest media market in the country, we can find someone better at this point to fill that role.  Or is that another lifetime appointment like the beat writers?  I think she's covering the Jets for SNY for about 10 years now and I almost can't watch any of the shows that she's on. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Do you remember how Jets fans hated venomously on Mark Cannizzaro until he was deathly sick? Then Rich Cimini's spirit animal was burned anually at the stake as if he was a mumbling French medieval witch. Tom Rock took some high heat inside the plate before he bolted to the Giants, then came embarrassment and hell on earth for Manish Mehta (who might have been the one who deserved the criticism), Judy Battista didn't stay long enough to be hated, the New York Times guy a million years ago who wrote a book... who's name I forget - did he escape the hate? Conor Hughes takes lots of heat, DJ Bien-Aime the unfortunate Dolphins fan got serious, serious flak. So far Zack Rosenblatt is not yet hated and had Jets fan Voodoo performed on a doll in his likeness. I know I have missed a million more columnists since those ancient Bruce Coslet years that I barely remember. Can you honestly blame Brian Costello? You want him to quit and find some honorable work as a school bus driver? I imagine it is both a dream job and a badly paid terrible job dealing with the Jets PR machine on a regular basis.

The Jets beat writers have been standing guard on the wall of NFL oblivion for a million years of Jets management and coaching incompetence.  Parcells and Ryan were brief respites from multiple Saharas of football losing. The fans rather than hate on the franchise itself, blame the jaded burnt-out beat writers for making a living and attempting to find their writing voice filtered from Jets water treatment facility truth for you to hold your nose and wade chest high through.

"They're cynical, lazy, sarcastic.. they are plain wrong and  five borough liars"  you say.  They are simply easy targets to denigrate and harass.

Read Costello’s tweet he is disinterested. This isn’t about negative comments, these reporters don’t want to be there. 

18 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Cimini is the real journalist of that bunch.

I agree with this but he wasn't made for the social media era and it shows. Cimini isn't a bad writer and tends to balance his reporting out when he has a whole column to work with, but you can tell he'd practically rather be dead than keep up his Twitter duties....

not that I blame the guy. If I came up in the newspaper era and then was expected to interact with a half toxic fan base on Twitter I'd be miserable too

I agree with this but he wasn't made for the social media era and it shows. Cimini isn't a bad writer and tends to balance his reporting out when he has a whole column to work with, but you can tell he'd practically rather be dead than keep up his Twitter duties....
not that I blame the guy. If I came up in the newspaper era and then was expected to interact with a half toxic fan base on Twitter I'd be miserable too
Totally agree .. he is a bit of a dinosaur now ... his articles back in the newspaper era were always the best the market had to offer. But to be fair, his only competition back then was Pat Kirwin for the Bergen Record.

He is a good writer that struggles to maintain relevancy in the modern internet age. He also sadly succumbs to pressure (assumedly from his company) to hit a click quota and for that reason has become a tabloid troll in large part.

• Upvote 1