Which season does this year remind you of?

BP

How will the Jets wind up at years end?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How will the Jets wind up at years end?

• They wil storm into the playoffs at 10-6
    • They will be competitive, but will fall short at 7-9
    • It will be a rebuilding year with Clemens playing late in the year
    • The Max Factor

In 1998 we start out 0-2 with our starting QB injured, and backup Vinny T starts against the Colts and keeps the job for the rest of the season as the Jets go on a tear and go 12-4.

In 1999 we lose Vinny T in the opener and start out 0-2, and Rick Mirer stinks the joint up until Lucas comes around. but too little too late. Jets go 8-8 and just barely miss out on the playoffs.

Fast forward 2007, Pennington gets hurt in the opener and Clemens starts the second game and has an impressive 4th quarter semi-comeback. we're 0-2.

I think we're still going 10-6 and making the playoffs, what say the board?

Poll to come

10-6 with the schedule? I don't know. I with this 0-2 start wer are doomed for a 7-9, 8-8 season.

Buffalo twice, will we be able to win both of those games?

Giants, rivalry game and judging by the D's this will be a shootout - if Chad is in, do we win?

Philadelphia, tough NFC team

Cincinnati, no defense but plenty of offense. Again, another shootout and who is in at QB?

Pittsburgh, very tough team. They apparently are back

Dallas, only three days to prepare for Dallas on Turkey Day in Dallas? Not looking good

New England, 'nuff said

Tennessee, his stats may blow but Vince Young somehow gets his team W's

10-6 with the schedule? I don't know. I with this 0-2 start wer are doomed for a 7-9, 8-8 season.

Buffalo twice, will we be able to win both of those games?

Giants, rivalry game and judging by the D's this will be a shootout - if Chad is in, do we win?

Philadelphia, tough NFC team

Cincinnati, no defense but plenty of offense. Again, another shootout and who is in at QB?

Pittsburgh, very tough team. They apparently are back

Dallas, only three days to prepare for Dallas on Turkey Day in Dallas? Not looking good

New England, 'nuff said

Tennessee, his stats may blow but Vince Young somehow gets his team W's

You never know how a season will turn out, there will always be surprise teams like the Jets were last year.

All is not lost at 0-2, 0-3 maybe.

But the Dolphins have consistently righted our ship over and over and over again through the years. :)

The losing stops this week.

You never know how a season will turn out, there will always be surprise teams like the Jets were last year.

All is not lost at 0-2, 0-3 maybe.

But the Dolphins have consistently righted our ship over and over and over again through the years. :)

The losing stops this week.

If the Jets lose to Miami and fall to 0-3 there is zero chance that they will make the playoffs. Zero.

This is a must win game against a team that we have owned since 1998 and should have no trouble beating. The game will be close as it usually is in rivalry games, but we should win.

If the Jets lose to Miami and fall to 0-3 there is zero chance that they will make the playoffs. Zero.

This is a must win game against a team that we have owned since 1998 and should have no trouble beating. The game will be close as it usually is in rivalry games, but we should win.

I agree althouth it`s hard to say it`s a` must win only 3 games into the season with 13 games left but if we go 0-3 were in deep and this season is probably over

There is no way they lose to miami. They suck way too much.

There is no way they lose to miami. They suck way too much.

Not really.

We are still in a deadheat for second in the AFC East and Miami is hungry for a win.

The Jets have alot more instability than the Dolphins do, at least we know Trent Green is starting at QB, which lemon is N.Y. starting.

Not really.

We are still in a deadheat for second in the AFC East and Miami is hungry for a win.

The Jets have alot more instability than the Dolphins do, at least we know Trent Green is starting at QB, which lemon is N.Y. starting.

The same Trent Green who threw 4 INT's against Dallas (without Terence Newman) yesterday?

Not really.

I have 3 friends that are Dolphin fans, and they all are not too optimistic about next week.

Trint hasn't been looking good, and what happened to that great Dolphin defense? :smilies2_puke:

You draft a guy ahead of Brady Quinn just to return punts? :rl:

Just busting your balls dude, it should be a close one like usual. with the Jets winning of course. :Nuts::P

All of your points were valid. I share the same concerns and have very little trash talk left in me at this point.

Did you know Ginn has 0 receptions this year. 0.

When Cleveland traded Frye... That's when I knew Miami had made a bad decision drafting Ginn. However, having said that I still like Beck.

All of your points were valid. I share the same concerns and have very little trash talk left in me at this point.

Did you know Ginn has 0 receptions this year. 0.

When Cleveland traded Frye... That's when I knew Miami had made a bad decision drafting Ginn. However, having said that I still like Beck.

I think Cameron's reason's for drafting Ginn were pathetic, and he looked like a deer in head lights.

Because he knows his family and his father? didn't he say something like that?

Anyway, from what I hear from fish fans they all like Beck.

He also threw 2 TD's. How many did Clemons throw? How about your stud off season acquistion Thomas Jones?

Hows Ronnie Brown doing?

11 carries, 33 yards?

Nice #2 overall pick there.

Not to mention, where is Teddy Ginn?

Kellen Clemens was playing against Baltimore and Trent Green was playing against Dallas without their number one Cornerback. Oh, and if not for McCareins Clemens would've had 2 TD's as well.

It will be a pleasure watching either Kellen or Noodle Arm destroy your horrible secondary on Sunday.

Hope all is well and good with you crashingjet.;)

I think Cameron's reason's for drafting Ginn were pathetic, and he looked like a deer in head lights.

Because he knows his family and his father? didn't he say something like that?

Anyway, from what I hear from fish fans they all like Beck.

"We didn't just draft Ted Ginn Jr., we drafted his family" I think were his exact words.

I have yet to see Ginns' "speed" and I went to several training camps down here. Cameron is quickly using up his get out of jail free cards.

Hows Ronnie Brown doing?

11 carries, 33 yards?

Nice #2 overall pick there.

Not to mention, where is Teddy Ginn?

Kellen Clemens was playing against Baltimore and Trent Green was playing against Dallas without their number one Cornerback. Oh, and if not for McCareins Clemens would've had 2 TD's as well.

It will be a pleasure watching either Kellen or Noodle Arm destroy your horrible secondary on Sunday.

Hope all is well and good with you crashingjet.;)

Well, since you bring it up,

Brown 3.0 yards per carry.

Jones 2.9 yards per carry. Just sayin.

If not for the 4 int's. Trent would have had a good day. See what I'm saying.

Well, since you bring it up,

Brown 3.0 yards per carry.

Jones 2.9 yards per carry. Just sayin.

If not for the 4 int's. Trent would have had a good day. See what I'm saying.

Kellen should've had it though if you saw the replays.

Oh and believe me, I know TJ had a worse day by average but he also wasn't #2 overall. He was #7 I believe. Ronnie should be better!;-)

Kellen should've had it though if you saw the replays.

Oh and believe me, I know TJ had a worse day by average but he also wasn't #2 overall. He was #7 I believe. Ronnie should be better!;-)

I live in South Florida, so the game was on CBS and I did see it... Unfortunatley my Dolphins' Homerism will not allow me to say anything too positive about the Jets.;)

And yes, Ronnie should be alot better, like Marion Barber better.

I live in South Florida, so the game was on CBS and I did see it... Unfortunatley my Dolphins' Homerism will not allow me to say anything too positive about the Jets.;)

And yes, Ronnie should be alot better, like Marion Barber better.

Marion Barber is the man. I got him on one of my three fantasy teams and I couldn't be happier.

9-7 just short of the playoffs.

9 and 7 could get us in. Jax isn't playing well, the broncos and Bengals aren't playing particularily well (not to mention we get to play the bengals). In terms of tie breakers, and the usually tough teams, i think we match up well.

9 and 7 should be enough, i just hope we can get there.

9 and 7 could get us in. Jax isn't playing well, the broncos and Bengals aren't playing particularily well (not to mention we get to play the bengals). In terms of tie breakers, and the usually tough teams, i think we match up well.

9 and 7 should be enough, i just hope we can get there.

9-7 could win a division in the NFC. In the AFC, its the #6 wild card spot at best and even that will be hard to manuever. I don't think there is a 9-7 team in this years AFC playoffs. Denver may be struggling but they're still 2-0 and they will only improve as the year goes on and Cutler has more and more starts under his belt.

As for Cincinnati, they had a bad day. I'm not going to judge them on that Cleveland game until I can see what they do in the coming weeks. Going into "The Jungle" as the Bengals fans call their stadium, will still be a hard game no matter what.

Archived