Start David Harris - NOW

DMaynard

OK. That's one play. And the several times this year, in his limited playing time, that he avoided a block and nailed a RB on a run or pass in his tracks, FOR A LOSS, did that get your attention? A kind of play that, I can't recall any of our 4 starting LBers making. Once.

yeah i saw that and other good plays but i don't understand the logic of these START XXXX - NOW! threads. Like the coaching staff has these really great options they are leaving on the bench for political reasons. They play the best players and Harris is playing, plus it's a rotation so alot of people play - what more do people want?

Agreed DM-the whole defense needs to be shaken up. Dwayne Robertson had one tackle today-is Victor Hobson even on the field? Eric Coleman sucks too Shaun Ellis is also disappearing-Vilma? He is NOT making any kind of a difference out there

Hobson is the most average player in the NFL. If you want the definition of an average NFL starter, look no further than our very own victor hobson. I've wanted this bum on the bench for years now. Hell, play a corner at his spot, at least the corner would be fast, and good in pass coverage.

Hobson is terrible, has zero upside. He should have been replace the day we drafted him.

Hobson is the most average player in the NFL. If you want the definition of an average NFL starter, look no further than our very own victor hobson. I've wanted this bum on the bench for years now. Hell, play a corner at his spot, at least the corner would be fast, and good in pass coverage.

Hobson is terrible, has zero upside. He should have been replace the day we drafted him.

I agree with the first part of your post. The second part doesn't fit with the first. Hobson is an average NFL starter. If we had 11 average NFL starters our team would have an average D. Our D is currently below average. I don't think Hobson is the problem and an average NFL starter is not a bum.

We have a bend but don't break D, that leads to giving up plenty of yards and hopefully not so many points. I think they also look to get turnovers, but have not been very successful this year. I'd expect many more attempts at stripping the ball. Like most fans I prefer a blitzing power D, but in all honesty, like franchise RBs that is not in vogue and not the key to success in today's NFL.

PS: We don't have enough corners to play at corner, let alone play one at LB.

IMO, Ronnie Brown is better than JN gives him credit which is also an issue. Every week we go into the game raving that good players suck. Then when they have success that must mean our guys really blow.

I agree with the first part of your post. The second part doesn't fit with the first. Hobson is an average NFL starter. If we had 11 average NFL starters our team would have an average D. Our D is currently below average. I don't think Hobson is the problem and an average NFL starter is not a bum.

We have a bend but don't break D, that leads to giving up plenty of yards and hopefully not so many points. I think they also look to get turnovers, but have not been very successful this year. I'd expect many more attempts at stripping the ball. Like most fans I prefer a blitzing power D, but in all honesty, like franchise RBs that is not in vogue and not the key to success in today's NFL.

PS: We don't have enough corners to play at corner, let alone play one at LB.

IMO, Ronnie Brown is better than JN gives him credit which is also an issue. Every week we go into the game raving that good players suck. Then when they have success that must mean our guys really blow.

Brown is a defiantly a good player, its just that their O-line is not good. There are plenty of teams that can stop a good running back if there is a suspect line blocking for it, which is something we don't do well.

Hobson, could and should have been replaced this year. We drafted a middle linebacker to go with the other two. Meaning a quality player is on the bench for virtually every snap, yet in trots Hobson. It is something they could have fixed in training camp, with giving Barton snaps at his position, so at least we have someone to fall back on.

As it stands now, i am forced to watch mr. average get taken out of plays, and not get up field to break up those same plays.

hobson = :smilies2_puke:

I dont think we have enough decent players in our secondary right now even with Dyson healthy. Revis will be out there everygame of the year, so any mistakes he makes as a rookie, were all gonna see it.

I know. When I was typing the post you replied to, i thought about Miller going down, too, which depleted the CBs even more.

Now, i know he didnt look good at CB vs the Pats, but he obvioulsy had a bad leg and shouldnt have even been out there.

I dont know about Poteat, but he seems to be riding the pines a lot more.

Hobson has been bad so far, and i thought he was better last year than a lot of posters gave him credit for.

Thomas was fairly invisible yesterday.

But here's the thing- the Jets were going with just two LBs late in the game yesterday- Harris and Vilma. Unfortunately, no one in the back seven/eight were able to tackle the RB on the screens, which sucked, but there seemed to be a degree of unpreparedness for those plays, which I found disturbing and that part is a coaching issue imo.

While I agree with Jetcane on most of his points, I dont see that starting Harris over Barton is going to be detrimental to the overall D performance now or in the future. Harris may make more mistakes than Barton, but he's gonna make more plays too. The D works best when Harris is on the field whether he plays with Barton or Vilma. Let him learn on the job. He may hit the rookie wall later, but no sooner than Barton will hit the old man wall.

I see more benefits in playing him than harm.

He is playing, Gibbon. Maybe not starting, but he's been getting more and more snaps each week.

I think the CS still sees him moving along the learning curve, and they are working him into the rotation as they see fit. He is in there on certain packages, which is also dictated by down and distance and game score.

I also think that both harris and barton will have more gas left in their tank late in the year by splitting snaps now, as they seem to be doing.

He is playing, Gibbon. Maybe not starting, but he's been getting more and more snaps each week.

I think the CS still sees him moving along the learning curve, and they are working him into the rotation as they see fit. He is in there on certain packages, which is also dictated by down and distance and game score.

I also think that both harris and barton will have more gas left in their tank late in the year by splitting snaps now, as they seem to be doing.

Yeah, I know he's playing, what I should have said was that I dont see the harm in starting him and/ or giving him the majority of the snaps. Barton is on his way out anyway and I think that the harm in playing Harris is equal to the harm in giving Barton the majority of the snaps. Barton was awesome on the Fish's first possession and then, for the most part disappeared. I'm suggesting that they start letting Barton spell Harris -- rather than the other way around -- sooner rather than later.

Archived