This passing game sucks

Blackout

whats up with the 5 yard passes all the time? are those really going to be efficient?

The problem is Chad has nothing on the football. A Pop Warner DB can read the ball and pick off his ducks. They are that slow.

You seen it today first hand....all he can do is throw timing patterns. He hits spots on the field...he doesn't hit WR's running or in stride...his arm isn't made for that. We run these remedial plays to keep him from killing the drive with an INT. He makes average DB's look like HOF players.

Sure there are others to blame and others things you can point the finger at for this loss...but this thread is about The PASSING GAME.

Agreed. With Pennington at the helm, we're in serious trouble. He can't throw long which eliminates any possibility of a quick strike TD. Since he can't pass deep, the running game is much less efficient, which ultimately destroys the play action possiblities.

In turn, every first down is going to be a struggle.

Guys none of that. IrishJet is a good guy. I agree with him on probably absolutely nothing (other than a desire to see the Jets win football games) but he's been a good poster since he got here. Telling him to leave b/c he doesn't agree with you about Chad Duckington is uncalled for.

And IrishJet: Pennington sucks. ;)

The problem is Chad has nothing on the football. A Pop Warner DB can read the ball and pick off his ducks. They are that slow.

You seen it today first hand....all he can do is throw timing patterns. He hits spots on the field...he doesn't hit WR's running or in stride...his arm isn't made for that. We run these remedial plays to keep him from killing the drive with an INT. He makes average DB's look like HOF players.

Sure there are others to blame and others things you can point the finger at for this loss...but this thread is about The PASSING GAME.

any truth to the rumor that after those two picks, the refs checked the balls for helium?

Agreed. With Pennington at the helm, we're in serious trouble. He can't throw long which eliminates any possibility of a quick strike TD. Since he can't pass deep, the running game is much less efficient, which ultimately destroys the play action possiblities.

In turn, every first down is going to be a struggle.

are you writing the script for the mangenius post-game pres conference?

Guys none of that. IrishJet is a good guy. I agree with him on probably absolutely nothing (other than a desire to see the Jets win football games) but he's been a good poster since he got here. Telling him to leave b/c he doesn't agree with you about Chad Duckington is uncalled for.

And IrishJet: Pennington sucks. ;)

LOL, cheers Sperm.

I just cant understand at all the hate for Chad, I must be missing something because when I compare him to a lot of other starting QB's in the NFL who struggle their fans stick with them.

I mean look right now at Marc Bulger (put up a total of 0 points in the last 2 games) and Drew Brees. 2 QB's who are absolutely stinking it up at the moment.

Do you think they are under any pressure??

Do you think fans are calling for their heads??

They are QB's who pre-season were considered elite and look at how they are doing.

When Chad starts playing God Awful I would like to see Clemens have a real shot but right now I just dont get it.

Chad hasn't merited being dropped no matter what way you look at it. Today it was weird becuase he was so good in a way and so bad in a way. Really mixed performance.

Personally i think he'll turn it round, whether you agree or not I dont care. I believe in this guy.

LOL, cheers Sperm.

I just cant understand at all the hate for Chad, I must be missing something because when I compare him to a lot of other starting QB's in the NFL who struggle their fans stick with them.

I mean look right now at Marc Bulger (put up a total of 0 points in the last 2 games) and Drew Brees. 2 QB's who are absolutely stinking it up at the moment.

They are QB's who pre-season were considered elite and look at how they are doing.

When Chad starts playing God Awful I would like to see Clemens have a real shot but right now I just dont get it.

Chad hasn't merited being dropped no matter what way you look at it. Today it was weird becuase he was so good in a way and so bad in a way. Really mixed performance.

Personally i think he'll turn it round, whether you agree or not I dont care. I believe in this guy.

Irish, you are experiencing what is known as a board meltdown.

You have to let it run its course uless you want to get caught in the middle of it.

Think of Animal House, when Belushi did his "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor" thing, and someone tried to calm him down, but was told "forget it, he's rolling".

;)

Irish, you are experiencing what is known as a board meltdown.

You have to let it run its course uless you want to get caught in the middle of it.

Think of Animal House, when Belushi did his "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor" thing, and someone tried to calm him down, but was told "forget it, he's rolling".

:rl:

I think Im prepared to take on this whole board.:confused0082:

Me vs the world.

LOL, cheers Sperm.

We just measure "good" differently.

To me, and clearly I am not unbiased, I see support for Chad in one of two ways:

- the team wins when he does nothing

- he has a high completion percentage/QB rating

Well QB rating is largely tied to completion percentage. It also doesn't account for a QB doing the same "safe" dumpoff passes even when we're down a couple of scores late in the game. The defense GIVES you that.

It's too bad, b/c I think he's a quality guy. He just doesn't have the physical tools to put fear into a defense. The type of fear that a team with a suspect OL needs in order to help the running game.

A dangerous threat of a passing game helps the ground game. Clearly this OL and this HB aren't going to run up & down the field without the threat of deep passes. Chad Pennington is not going to give us that.

He is the un-cola's caffeine content: never had it; never will.

LOL, cheers Sperm.

He can't turn it around because his limitations are physical. He will always have no arm. Defenses will always play up on him. The running game will always stagger due to it. Our receivers will always be in jeopardy extending for his ducks.

Chad used to have no arm, but made excellent decisions. Now he's making awful decisions, thus producing barely any points against one of the worst defenses in the league.

I like Irish's determination. But, I am a Jets fan. I don't care who the QB is as long as he is winning. If we could put Chad's brain and decision making skills (minus that last INT. today) in Clemens body we'd have our QB.

Clemens is just as smart as Chad, give him a season for learning pains and you will see that.

LOL, cheers Sperm.

What? Ask Drew Bledsoe (twice in fact), Jake Plummer, Rex Grossman, Kurt Warner and Vick about that. Each of these guys has achieved more success in terms of winning big games than Chad has, and yet each of these guys lost their jobs to younger, less proven guys, outside of Rex Grossman, who took his team to the freaking Super Bowl just last year, and otuside of Vick who is a criminal but was facing a lot of criticism before that anyway. Speaking of Super Bowls, ask Trent Dilfer how that worked out for him.

If you don't think posting 14 points against the WORST defense in the league, while turning the ball over twice and not only giving that opposing team the go ahead TD but also killing your chances at a game tying FG is bad enough, then I don't know what to tell you. When Chad ****s the bed against an elite defense there are excuses that the defense was too good, but now against a bad defense there are still more excuses.

I've supported Chad but I've said he needs to do better. He didn't, that was just pathetic. We're 1-3, Chad's 33, he's not the future. Next week is a national game, and is going to be a shootout. I'd prefer not to get embarassed again against another weak defense.

Archived