Why is it that everyone can see the light except Mangini...

CoachTsurfing

4. New York Jets (1-4): As recently noted by FOXSports.com columnist/curmudgeon Mark Kriegel, Tim Wakefield throws harder than Chad Pennington. With the season slipping away, New York should soon try learning whether Kellen Clemens or Brad Smith can be a long-term starter. If they flop, prospects like Brohm, Kentucky's Andre Woodson and Boston College's Matt Ryan will get a long look. Jets coach Eric Mangini also must find the right personnel if he wants to stick with a 3-4 defense. Virginia's Chris Long (Howie's kid) would be an intriguing replacement for end Shaun Ellis, who has one two-sack game since Dec. 2004. Ellis is better suited as an end in a 4-3.

I found this on foxsports. I just agree that, and yes I am reading more into this then is says, Chad's days are done here. This doesn't mean that I think his career is over. Just that it's over with here. I think Chad could do quite well in some other places. Just not here. I am hoping Mangini see's the light after the next game. Do I hope we lose with Chad at the helm? Hell, no. I want to win. But, if he does have another bad game, the Jets might as well start Clemens so we can see if he can play also. If not it might be time to take a top 5 QB. If Clemens shows promise we need to get some d line or o line help fast. I just don't understand why the coaches can't see what so many people on the site see and so many others in the football world.

4. New York Jets (1-4): As recently noted by FOXSports.com columnist/curmudgeon Mark Kriegel, Tim Wakefield throws harder than Chad Pennington. With the season slipping away, New York should soon try learning whether Kellen Clemens or Brad Smith can be a long-term starter. If they flop, prospects like Brohm, Kentucky's Andre Woodson and Boston College's Matt Ryan will get a long look. Jets coach Eric Mangini also must find the right personnel if he wants to stick with a 3-4 defense. Virginia's Chris Long (Howie's kid) would be an intriguing replacement for end Shaun Ellis, who has one two-sack game since Dec. 2004. Ellis is better suited as an end in a 4-3.

I found this on foxsports. I just agree that, and yes I am reading more into this then is says, Chad's days are done here. This doesn't mean that I think his career is over. Just that it's over with here. I think Chad could do quite well in some other places. Just not here. I am hoping Mangini see's the light after the next game. Do I hope we lose with Chad at the helm? Hell, no. I want to win. But, if he does have another bad game, the Jets might as well start Clemens so we can see if he can play also. If not it might be time to take a top 5 QB. If Clemens shows promise we need to get some d line or o line help fast. I just don't understand why the coaches can't see what so many people on the site see and so many others in the football world.

The fact that Brad Smiths name was mentioned in there makes that article null and void.

The fact that Brad Smiths name was mentioned in there makes that article null and void.

I'd rather have Smith back there than Pennington, especially if like many Chad fans say its all the O-lines fault. Smith can scramble for some extra yards when a play goes to **** and wouldn't be a statue in the pocket.

I'd rather have Smith back there than Pennington, especially if like many Chad fans say its all the O-lines fault. Smith can scramble for some extra yards when a play goes to **** and wouldn't be a statue in the pocket.

I think even the people blaming the O line are only blaming the run blocking. Pennington isn't sacked too often though he has been ****ting the bed under pressure.

I think even the people blaming the O line are only blaming the run blocking. Pennington isn't sacked too often though he has been ****ting the bed under pressure.

Until the last week people have been blaming the pass blocking as well which is pretty ridiculous.

right now Ice I think it'd be more fun to watch if Stacy Tutt was playing QB

If Brad Smith makes it as an NFL QB I will officially change my name to Nancy!!!!

Its great that Smith can make plays outside of the pocket, but from what little we've seen from him in training camp/pre season...he makes Michael Vick look like a good throwing QB. After some big plays last week, I think we're going to see more and more from him at wideout.

Am I the only one who REALLY likes the idea of Andre Woodson behind center for the Jets in a couple of years?

Its great that Smith can make plays outside of the pocket, but from what little we've seen from him in training camp/pre season...he makes Michael Vick look like a good throwing QB. After some big plays last week, I think we're going to see more and more from him at wideout.

Am I the only one who REALLY likes the idea of Andre Woodson behind center for the Jets in a couple of years?

The defense has too many needs for us to go QB with a high pick again. Hopefully Kellen will occupy that position for us for years. What we need to see is Chris Long and the green and white.

The defense has too many needs for us to go QB with a high pick again. Hopefully Kellen will occupy that position for us for years. What we need to see is Chris Long and the green and white.

I would love Andre Woodsen on the Jets.

Not the only one. I like him also. But first I want to see if clemens can play.

Archived