Eric Mangini: MERGED

The Troll

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
because we are in his second season as coach. and he made the playoffs last year. Using Herm math he is safe for at least another year.

Jesus Christ, you people jump off this ship real quick. Sure our season sucks so far, but you all have given up. Sad. Very sad.

Mangini has added absolutely nothing to this team.

He came here to rebuild this team. He has made nothing but horrible trades and signed nothing but horrible free agents. This team sucks just as bad as it did on the day he was hired. It should be better now than it was two years ago. Mangini is failing the rebuilding project.

because we are in his second season as coach. and he made the playoffs last year. Using Herm math he is safe for at least another year.

Jesus Christ, you people jump off this ship real quick. Sure our season sucks so far, but you all have given up. Sad. Very sad.

He came here to rebuild this team. He has made nothing but horrible trades and signed nothing but horrible free agents. This team sucks just as bad as it did on the day he was hired. It should be better now than it was two years ago. Mangini is failing the rebuilding project.

It takes time. Most of us here thought we'd take a step back this year. 6 games into the season and you're ready to fire the coach? Pleeeease.

It takes time. Most of us here thought we'd take a step back this year. 6 games into the season and you're ready to fire the coach? Pleeeease.

Nothing is being done though...

Harris is still coming in off the bench... the CB's are still taking bad angles and not tackling...

The Dline is still being bullied...

The Oline is still being bullied

Chad keeps throwing picks

Mangini is giving us no hope... it will be the same thing next week if he doesnt make some changes....

it'll be better next week, Cincy has no LB's...

Nothing is being done though...

Harris is still coming in off the bench... the CB's are still taking bad angles and not tackling...

The Dline is still being bullied...

The Oline is still being bullied

Chad keeps throwing picks

Mangini is giving us no hope... it will be the same thing next week if he doesnt make some changes....

it'll be better next week, Cincy has no LB's...

We were 4-12 in 2005 under Herm.

We went 10-6 in 2006 under Mangini. Largely in part because of his coaching.

You dont rebuid thru free agency. You rebuild thru the draft - and Mangini's drafts have been excellent.

You dont rebuid thru free agency. You rebuild thru the draft - and Mangini's drafts have been excellent.

I was watching the sideline a lot since there wasn't much action going on on the field, and the first thing I noticed was that there is absolutely no emotion on the sideline. None. At all. None from the coaches and none from the players. There was no one trying to fire up the offense or defense.

I was watching the sideline a lot since there wasn't much action going on on the field, and the first thing I noticed was that there is absolutely no emotion on the sideline. None. At all. None from the coaches and none from the players. There was no one trying to fire up the offense or defense.

Its a scary thing when you are agreeing with Barton...

But he's right.

once we have a core in place, thats when we can use FA to pick up that one guy or fill those two or three spots that can get us to the next level.

it takes more than a year or two to develop that core.

But he's right.

once we have a core in place, thats when we can use FA to pick up that one guy or fill those two or three spots that can get us to the next level.

we're 6 games in. If this team plays like this over the last 10 games I will fall right in line behind you. For now, I will support my team and my coaching staff. And if we play this way next year, I will want his head. But 6 games into his second season is no way to judge the team.

I'm not saying you're wrong with what you said, I just think its too soon to abandon ship on this team or staff.

we're 6 games in. If this team plays like this over the last 10 games I will fall right in line behind you. For now, I will support my team and my coaching staff. And if we play this way next year, I will want his head. But 6 games into his second season is no way to judge the team.

I'm not saying you're wrong with what you said, I just think its too soon to abandon ship on this team or staff.

That's NOT a good sign at all. Especially in a tight game that was there for the taking. I never noticed since I was puking between plays. :puke:

That's NOT a good sign at all. Especially in a tight game that was there for the taking. I never noticed since I was puking between plays. :puke:

But he's right.

It all hinges on Clemens. Clemens has to be the real deal or Mangini is gonna be outa here.

It all hinges on Clemens. Nothing else. It all hinges on Kellen Clemens.

Whether he started 2 weeks ago or 2 weeks from now, its just semantics. Personally, I wanted it done in the offseason but it did not happen. It has to be made official this season though. Clemens has to take over before december.

But he's right.

It all hinges on Clemens. Clemens has to be the real deal or Mangini is gonna be outa here.

Whether he started 2 weeks ago or 2 weeks from now, its just semantics. Personally, I wanted it done in the offseason but it did not happen. It has to be made official this season though. Clemens has to take over before december.

maybe the Flight Crew should have been waving their hankies to get the bench pumped up. or maybe a gimpy Fireman Ed could do it. Hell, no one was pissed off on the bench when Philly scored a TD AFTER THE PLAY CLOCK EXPIRED BEFORE THE BALL WAS SNAPPED. Not 1 word was said.

maybe the Flight Crew should have been waving their hankies to get the bench pumped up. or maybe a gimpy Fireman Ed could do it. Hell, no one was pissed off on the bench when Philly scored a TD AFTER THE PLAY CLOCK EXPIRED BEFORE THE BALL WAS SNAPPED. Not 1 word was said.

His drafts have not been excellent. Brick has been underwhelming and no one else from that class besides Mangold and Leon has done jack ****.

You are right, you do rebuild through the draft. Which is somewhat hard to do when you trade away all your ****ing draft picks like we did this year.

It is funny to me, Barton, because you spend most of your time on this board bashing the Penningtologists and the people that thought we were going to be contenders this year, but Mangini is obviously BOTH. Chad apparently must be stretchered off the field in order to be benched, and rebuilding teams don't trade away all but four draft picks. The head coach has entirely different opinions than you do, so why is it that you defend him? Because he went 10-6 with the easiest schedule in the entire ****ing league? If so, that doesn't make you all that much different from the same posters you bash.

BTW, we have been outcoached in every ****ing game this season.

His drafts have not been excellent. Brick has been underwhelming and no one else from that class besides Mangold and Leon has done jack ****.

You are right, you do rebuild through the draft. Which is somewhat hard to do when you trade away all your ****ing draft picks like we did this year.

It is funny to me, Barton, because you spend most of your time on this board bashing the Penningtologists and the people that thought we were going to be contenders this year, but Mangini is obviously BOTH. Chad apparently must be stretchered off the field in order to be benched, and rebuilding teams don't trade away all but four draft picks. The head coach has entirely different opinions than you do, so why is it that you defend him? Because he went 10-6 with the easiest schedule in the entire ****ing league? If so, that doesn't make you all that much different from the same posters you bash.

F' December . I'm ready now. The team needs SOMETHING to jump start it. 9 points in the NFL is NOT going to win a lot of games.

F' December . I'm ready now. The team needs SOMETHING to jump start it. 9 points in the NFL is NOT going to win a lot of games.

thats where I begin to disagree...

Its on the performance of the team. If clemens turns out to be a good QB but the defense cant stop anyone and the OL cant block for him...What does that being a good QB do for you, 8-8 instead of 6-10 or 5-11?

I think Mangini got to high on himself after last season's success and for all the fame he got from the NY media. But he's still young and he's still learning on the job, and I think this may serve as a much needed wake up call to him that you have to continuously earn the praise and support.

Having said that, we need to continue to build primarily through the draft in order to get in the players that can help this team out.

thats where I begin to disagree...

Its on the performance of the team. If clemens turns out to be a good QB but the defense cant stop anyone and the OL cant block for him...What does that being a good QB do for you, 8-8 instead of 6-10 or 5-11?

I think Mangini got to high on himself after last season's success and for all the fame he got from the NY media. But he's still young and he's still learning on the job, and I think this may serve as a much needed wake up call to him that you have to continuously earn the praise and support.

Having said that, we need to continue to build primarily through the draft in order to get in the players that can help this team out.

Take a look at the top 5 from the 2006 draft. Brick has been EXCELLENT this year. Easily the best of the bunch from that crop.

He drafted Dbrick, Mangold, Brad Smith and Leon Washington. Oh, and this year he drafted Revis and Harris. Whats not to like? He has hit on virtually everything aside from a 3rd rder w/Schlegal.

Why Mangini is still starting Chad, I do not know. Maybe we should wait and see what he does at the trade deadline perhaps? Or Clemens takes over this sunday vs the Bengals? If Mangini starts Chad the remainder of the season, I'll agree with you perhaps. But right now, it is wayy too soon because it seems you are assuming Mangini will stick with Chad the rest of the season - I do not see that happening. And last year we beat the pats at foxboro, that showed me something.

I dont get it, troll. You know we are in a rebuilding mode. Obviously, it has been worse than you and I thought. Are you gonna flip a sh#t because we go 4-12 instead of 6-10? Lets see what he does with Clemens from this point on now that a full fledge QB controversy is in the media.

Archived