Eric Mangini: MERGED

The Troll

Chad went 11/21 for 128 yards and an INT. He also lead the team to zero TD's.

Chad had the ball twice to begin drives in Philly territory.

In the 2nd qtr he got the ball at the Philly 37 and put together a 5 play drive that ended in a FG.

In the 4th qtr he got the ball at the Philly 17 and put together a 4 play drive that ended in a FG.

New York Jets at 11:24

1-10-PHI 17 (11:24) C.Pennington sacked at PHI 19 for -2 yards (J.Kearse).

2-12-PHI 19 (10:59) (No Huddle) T.Jones right guard to PHI 14 for 5 yards (Q.Mikell, J.Hanson).

3-7-PHI 14 (10:16) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to B.Smith to PHI 12 for 2 yards (S.Brown,

J.Hanson).

4-5-PHI 12 (9:32) M.Nugent 30 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Dearth, Holder-B.Graham.

Yep.... all Chad's fault. 1st and 3rd down the O-line didnt block.

The INT was because of poor play calling. What coach would allow his weak armed QB to throw a lob pass into the wind???

coaches call plays. Players have to execute. And the coaches sucked with play calling. Players didnt make plays.

This was a team effort in losing this game. pennington didnt lose it for us on offense, our crappy o-line did. He also didnt do anything to try and win it either.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chad went 11/21 for 128 yards and an INT. He also lead the team to zero TD's.

Chad had the ball twice to begin drives in Philly territory.

In the 2nd qtr he got the ball at the Philly 37 and put together a 5 play drive that ended in a FG.

In the 4th qtr he got the ball at the Philly 17 and put together a 4 play drive that ended in a FG.

New York Jets at 11:24

1-10-PHI 17 (11:24) C.Pennington sacked at PHI 19 for -2 yards (J.Kearse).

2-12-PHI 19 (10:59) (No Huddle) T.Jones right guard to PHI 14 for 5 yards (Q.Mikell, J.Hanson).

3-7-PHI 14 (10:16) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to B.Smith to PHI 12 for 2 yards (S.Brown,

J.Hanson).

4-5-PHI 12 (9:32) M.Nugent 30 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Dearth, Holder-B.Graham.

Yep.... all Chad's fault. 1st and 3rd down the O-line didnt block.

The INT was because of poor play calling. What coach would allow his weak armed QB to throw a lob pass into the wind???

coaches call plays. Players have to execute. And the coaches sucked with play calling. Players didnt make plays.

This was a team effort in losing this game. pennington didnt lose it for us on offense, our crappy o-line did. He also didnt do anything to try and win it either.

Motivate his defense... show some fire on the sideline...

Teach them proper angles and how to tackle along the sideline

prior to the season

Not cut Kendal

Trade Jmac

There is more

1) Of the three (well, two now) coaches with undefeated teams, Dungy, Smith and Belichik; "firery" hardly describes their sideline demeanor.

2)It's not the HC's job to teach tackling. That is basic football which should be covered in pee-wee through high-school.

3) Scheming is responsible for poor tackling at this level.

prior to the season

Not cut Kendal

Trade Jmac

There is more

1) Of the three (well, two now) coaches with undefeated teams, Dungy, Smith and Belichik; "firery" hardly describes their sideline demeanor.

2)It's not the HC's job to teach tackling. That is basic football which should be covered in pee-wee through high-school.

3) Scheming is responsible for poor tackling at this level.

Eh, Mangini for having confidence in a QB that plays like a POS!!!

You kind of answered your own question ther.

Come on now, as bad as Pennington is, he is still a professional. If he thought that, he would def bench him.

All I know is next week is a perfect time to start Clemens.

Eh, Mangini for having confidence in a QB that plays like a POS!!!

You kind of answered your own question ther.

Come on now, as bad as Pennington is, he is still a professional. If he thought that, he would def bench him.

All I know is next week is a perfect time to start Clemens.

At this point, Mangini is having a bad season as a Coach and this team had an awful off season. To blame everything on Chad is kind of lame.

It's funny how everything was Herm's fault but now everything is Chad's fault. I guess somebody always has to take the fall.

I'm just tired of hearing, "Maybe next year" all the time. Only next year never happens, regardless of coach, team, or owner.

At this point, Mangini is having a bad season as a Coach and this team had an awful off season. To blame everything on Chad is kind of lame.

It's funny how everything was Herm's fault but now everything is Chad's fault. I guess somebody always has to take the fall.

I'm just tired of hearing, "Maybe next year" all the time. Only next year never happens, regardless of coach, team, or owner.

Put it like this, we would be 3-3 or 4-2 if Clemens started the season.

Maybe, Maybe not...

Letting Kendal go was a stupid move...

Benching your best blocking FB for half the season was stupid

Letting Jmac on the field is stupid

Put it like this, we would be 3-3 or 4-2 if Clemens started the season.

Maybe, Maybe not...

Letting Kendal go was a stupid move...

Benching your best blocking FB for half the season was stupid

Letting Jmac on the field is stupid

I just don't agree. Jones has always been a guy who needed a great OL. The Jets didn't have that last season, they seemed intent on dumping Kendall, and had no plans on replacing him, so how bringing in Jones would be a steal makes no sense to me.

I said it when the trade happened. Jones will probably get his 1200 yards rushing this season, but he's not going to improve the team. He isn't a pounder. He isn't a speedster. And for what the Jets have, he becomes a guy who compiles stats, nothing more.

Yeah if they were a player or two away from being a legit contender, he makes sense. If he was a 25 year old RB, it would make sense. It makes no sense if you don't improve the OL at all, in fact dump one of your better OL. For me, the trade only made sense if they brought in another OL and kept Kendall. Then you'd possibly have 4 decent OL. It might not be great, but it would be an improvement.

Instead they have 2 decent OL and a running back who compiles personal stats.

My point is, we were going to go into another season Sans a running back and as far as bang for buck Thomas Jones was the best fit. I'd agree with you if that last draft had ANY depth at RB but the talent simply wasn't there.

If we had gone into this season with Leon as the starter, tell me you wouldn't have jumped down this CS/FO throats? I would have also because Leon is not a feature back.

I cannot reiterate the point enough that there were no RB's to be drafted after Peterson and Lynch, whom we were definitely not getting.

I just don't agree. Jones has always been a guy who needed a great OL. The Jets didn't have that last season, they seemed intent on dumping Kendall, and had no plans on replacing him, so how bringing in Jones would be a steal makes no sense to me.

I said it when the trade happened. Jones will probably get his 1200 yards rushing this season, but he's not going to improve the team. He isn't a pounder. He isn't a speedster. And for what the Jets have, he becomes a guy who compiles stats, nothing more.

Yeah if they were a player or two away from being a legit contender, he makes sense. If he was a 25 year old RB, it would make sense. It makes no sense if you don't improve the OL at all, in fact dump one of your better OL. For me, the trade only made sense if they brought in another OL and kept Kendall. Then you'd possibly have 4 decent OL. It might not be great, but it would be an improvement.

Instead they have 2 decent OL and a running back who compiles personal stats.

My point is, we were going to go into another season Sans a running back and as far as bang for buck Thomas Jones was the best fit. I'd agree with you if that last draft had ANY depth at RB but the talent simply wasn't there.

If we had gone into this season with Leon as the starter, tell me you wouldn't have jumped down this CS/FO throats? I would have also because Leon is not a feature back.

I cannot reiterate the point enough that there were no RB's to be drafted after Peterson and Lynch, whom we were definitely not getting.

prior to the season

Not cut Kendal

Trade Jmac

There is more

You bet theres more - bench James Chadwick Pennington.

prior to the season

Not cut Kendal

Trade Jmac

There is more

You bet theres more - bench James Chadwick Pennington.

Archived