Eric Mangini: MERGED

The Troll

Who chose to start him again?

Please inform me.

Mangini did.

Who chose to throw a back breaking INT and failed to lead the team to a TD?

Who had 1st and goal down by 7 and failed on a QB sneak and then threw a horrible pass?

C'mon ecurb. Admit Chad sucks.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
because we are in his second season as coach. and he made the playoffs last year. Using Herm math he is safe for at least another year.

Jesus Christ, you people jump off this ship real quick. Sure our season sucks so far, but you all have given up. Sad. Very sad.

He has officially created the worst JETS team in a while...

Herm at least won when Chad was healthy and had good D's...

Mangini has a healthy team and cant win squat...

Herm went 10-6 his first year too... and then in his second year (02') pulled the plug on Vinny and went with Chad...

because we are in his second season as coach. and he made the playoffs last year. Using Herm math he is safe for at least another year.

Jesus Christ, you people jump off this ship real quick. Sure our season sucks so far, but you all have given up. Sad. Very sad.

He has officially created the worst JETS team in a while...

Herm at least won when Chad was healthy and had good D's...

Mangini has a healthy team and cant win squat...

Herm went 10-6 his first year too... and then in his second year (02') pulled the plug on Vinny and went with Chad...

Sure, this team has been attempting the "apply a bandaid" and keep pushing since 1998.

Yes, the core is gone now, but the way they went about it was slow. Much too slow.

Good point.

and Gainzo... you know I wont bash my boy... but if he does suck,... then Mangini sucks...

Sure, this team has been attempting the "apply a bandaid" and keep pushing since 1998.

Yes, the core is gone now, but the way they went about it was slow. Much too slow.

Good point.

and Gainzo... you know I wont bash my boy... but if he does suck,... then Mangini sucks...

If they are rebuilding what is the point in bringing Thomas Jones? What is the point in trading half your draft picks for 2 guys? Yeah Revis and Harris look great at times, but the defense is still 8 starters away from being any good.

I just don't buy the rebuilding crap people throw around as an excuse. Rebuilding means going with youth and draft picks. It doesn't mean trading for a 29 year old RB who won't even be around in 3-4 years by the time this team might have players.

What I see is no different than the Herm years. They stick with a defense that doesn't work with it's players. They stick with a QB when it's obvious he is done. At least during the Herm years I had hope the team would win. I have no hope that this team will win this year and who knows what next year will bring. Right now Mangini and staff look an awful like one year wonders than anything else.

All the problems this team had last year, are the same problems they have this year. That's not rebuilding, that's remaining stagnant.

If they are rebuilding what is the point in bringing Thomas Jones? What is the point in trading half your draft picks for 2 guys? Yeah Revis and Harris look great at times, but the defense is still 8 starters away from being any good.

I just don't buy the rebuilding crap people throw around as an excuse. Rebuilding means going with youth and draft picks. It doesn't mean trading for a 29 year old RB who won't even be around in 3-4 years by the time this team might have players.

What I see is no different than the Herm years. They stick with a defense that doesn't work with it's players. They stick with a QB when it's obvious he is done. At least during the Herm years I had hope the team would win. I have no hope that this team will win this year and who knows what next year will bring. Right now Mangini and staff look an awful like one year wonders than anything else.

All the problems this team had last year, are the same problems they have this year. That's not rebuilding, that's remaining stagnant.

Mangini did.

Who had 1st and goal down by 7 and failed on a QB sneak and then threw a horrible pass?

who allows a weak armed QB to throw a lob pass into the wind 20yds downfield?

who called the QB sneak and the HB up the middle and the fade into the endzone on 4th down (pass was there, good defensive play)?

who didnt block to get 1 yard twice in a crucial situation??

O-line sucks.

RB's suck

WR's suck

QB sucks.

Defense sucks.

Nugent sucks with wind in his face.

Graham sucks with wind in his face.

Leon sucks with wind in his face.

Coaching staff is a ****!ng joke with playcalling.

Yep... all Pennington's fault.

Mangini did.

who called the QB sneak and the HB up the middle and the fade into the endzone on 4th down (pass was there, good defensive play)?

O-line sucks.

RB's suck

WR's suck

QB sucks.

Defense sucks.

Good coaches have sh*tty years sometimes. I'm not saying Mangini shouldn't carry a brunt of the blame but at some point people need to make a play. The only ones out there trying to do that are Washington, Cotch, and Coles. We're not as far off as you are crying about.

The fickleness is kind of embarrassing.

Good coaches have sh*tty years sometimes. I'm not saying Mangini shouldn't carry a brunt of the blame but at some point people need to make a play. The only ones out there trying to do that are Washington, Cotch, and Coles. We're not as far off as you are crying about.

The fickleness is kind of embarrassing.

I'll play d-advocate.

What can Mangini do to better this team right now?

(Before you respond with the 4-3 argument, tell me who's going to line-up [and] where; and before you respond with the QB-change argument [which I personally agree with] tell me how to do that without losing the comraderie of the team at 1-4 ).

I'll play d-advocate.

(Before you respond with the 4-3 argument, tell me who's going to line-up [and] where; and before you respond with the QB-change argument [which I personally agree with] tell me how to do that without losing the comraderie of the team at 1-4 ).

O-line sucks.

RB's suck

WR's suck

QB sucks.

Defense sucks.

Chad went 11/21 for 128 yards and an INT. He also lead the team to zero TD's.

Chad had the ball twice to begin drives in Philly territory.

In the 2nd qtr he got the ball at the Philly 37 and put together a 5 play drive that ended in a FG.

In the 4th qtr he got the ball at the Philly 17 and put together a 4 play drive that ended in a FG.

O-line sucks.

RB's suck

WR's suck

QB sucks.

Defense sucks.

In the 2nd qtr he got the ball at the Philly 37 and put together a 5 play drive that ended in a FG.

In the 4th qtr he got the ball at the Philly 17 and put together a 4 play drive that ended in a FG.

Because of the position we were in, it was either steal (You can't use hindsight, at the time the Jets got great value for what they gave up) Thomas Jones or really reach in the draft at RB due to a very weak RB class. The Jets did the smart thing and it just hasn't panned out as well as it should have.

Because of the position we were in, it was either steal (You can't use hindsight, at the time the Jets got great value for what they gave up) Thomas Jones or really reach in the draft at RB due to a very weak RB class. The Jets did the smart thing and it just hasn't panned out as well as it should have.

I'll play d-advocate.

Motivate his defense... show some fire on the sideline...

Teach them proper angles and how to tackle along the sideline

prior to the season

Not cut Kendal

Trade Jmac

There is more

I'll play d-advocate.

Motivate his defense... show some fire on the sideline...

Teach them proper angles and how to tackle along the sideline

prior to the season

Not cut Kendal

Trade Jmac

There is more

Horrific. That's completely unacceptable. How many times is Chad going to rely on getting into 3rd and 1 and then sneaking it. He incorporates it into his game now as a reliable play. DISGUSTING!!!! Chad is officially done and Clemens should be given a fair shake at earning the starting job this week during practice. If nothing else then to give this team a spark.

Horrific. That's completely unacceptable. How many times is Chad going to rely on getting into 3rd and 1 and then sneaking it. He incorporates it into his game now as a reliable play. DISGUSTING!!!! Chad is officially done and Clemens should be given a fair shake at earning the starting job this week during practice. If nothing else then to give this team a spark.

I just don't agree. Jones has always been a guy who needed a great OL. The Jets didn't have that last season, they seemed intent on dumping Kendall, and had no plans on replacing him, so how bringing in Jones would be a steal makes no sense to me.

I said it when the trade happened. Jones will probably get his 1200 yards rushing this season, but he's not going to improve the team. He isn't a pounder. He isn't a speedster. And for what the Jets have, he becomes a guy who compiles stats, nothing more.

Yeah if they were a player or two away from being a legit contender, he makes sense. If he was a 25 year old RB, it would make sense. It makes no sense if you don't improve the OL at all, in fact dump one of your better OL. For me, the trade only made sense if they brought in another OL and kept Kendall. Then you'd possibly have 4 decent OL. It might not be great, but it would be an improvement.

Instead they have 2 decent OL and a running back who compiles personal stats.

I just don't agree. Jones has always been a guy who needed a great OL. The Jets didn't have that last season, they seemed intent on dumping Kendall, and had no plans on replacing him, so how bringing in Jones would be a steal makes no sense to me.

I said it when the trade happened. Jones will probably get his 1200 yards rushing this season, but he's not going to improve the team. He isn't a pounder. He isn't a speedster. And for what the Jets have, he becomes a guy who compiles stats, nothing more.

Yeah if they were a player or two away from being a legit contender, he makes sense. If he was a 25 year old RB, it would make sense. It makes no sense if you don't improve the OL at all, in fact dump one of your better OL. For me, the trade only made sense if they brought in another OL and kept Kendall. Then you'd possibly have 4 decent OL. It might not be great, but it would be an improvement.

Instead they have 2 decent OL and a running back who compiles personal stats.

Archived