Jetnation Yankee outing

Brenjetsfan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just drinking my liquor, minding my own business, trying to forget that the booze was warm and the food was cold. It had been a long day, but a regular day--simple, uncomplicated. I couldn't remember sayin' more than two words to anybody since I'd been in Manhattan. Manhattan is that kinda town.

So I sipped my beer, watched the TV, the NFL Draft was on, I guess. I couldn't notice or care or pay attention because I couldn't stop thinking about her. She walked in with that green shirt on, one shoulder revealed, that smile, that body, those eyes. I forgot about the booze. I forgot about everything but that shoulder. That smile. You get the picture.

I turned away. I couldn't stand to look at her anymore. It's like looking at the sky or the moon--thing you wanna touch but can never do it, no matter how hard you reach. I had gotten real good at not reachin' anymore. I went back to my liquor, slammin' the bottle on the bar and asking the chappy for another one on the double. Make it cold, I said. I felt her standing behind me. A body like that has a way of not letting you forget that she's around. But I wouldn't turn around. Nah. I knew how that story would end. I'd seen that picture before. Hell, I'd practically written half the book on gals like that: about how looking at them is tough enough, about how touching them is worse. Dames like that are poison, I told myself. Chappy, I said, get me another goddam beer..and a shot. I couldn't remember two words I said to nobody that day, like I told ya. But I couldn't stop thinking about what this dame had to say. I turned around because I'm a fool. I turned around cuz I'm crazy. I turned around because the damn barkeep was slow with the booze and I couldn't do nothin' but turn around. So's I did.

She was standing near me. Close, but not too close which is how I liked it. Chappy dropped the bottle on the bar behind me and started pouring my shot and I told him to leave that bottle too and I flipped a hundred dollar bill over my shoulder so he wouldn't ask no more questions. I asked her if she wanted a drink. She said through those lips that she didn't want nothing what I got and I smiled at her. The gal was tough. I slapped the bar and chappy with his hundred scampers behind me and I says to get the lady a glass, but Chappy had one in his hand already. The kid is slow, but he ain't stupid.

I asked her her name and she said she didn't have one, but she'd take that drink anyway and I gave it to her when the kid was done pouring it. She downed it in one shot. Bourbon. One-oh-five proof. "Cathy," she said, finally. She had a name. She asked me what my name was and I said I didn't have one. She didn't smile. Tough broad. I poured her another bourbon and she drank it like she drank the other one--like she drinks life and drinks men and breathes the air--like she owns it all. It's her world, she was tellin' me, and I was just visitin' for as long as she felt like I was amusin'. "Tom" I said. "My name is Tom." "Tom, huh? That's a pretty boring name." She was smilin' now. It was her game. She took some more of my hundred-dollar booze. "I think I'll call you Charlie. You got a problem with that...Charlie?" She was laughing now, her lips dancing. People laughed with her because that's what people do wit' beautiful women--when she laughs, they laugh. "It's like that, is it?" I said. And she said "Yeah, yeah it is like that. Charlie." And her people laughed again.

I tapped the bar and Chappy ran over and I gave him another hundred and told him to give the lady whatever she wanted for as long as she was there. Then I tipped him a fifty and grabbed what was left of my bourbon and went to go. Like I said, I knew how this movie was gonna end. Cathy, if that was her real name, asked me if I was leavin' and I said "Yeah. It's that time." And she said "You ain't no fun, are ya Charlie?" I looked back at her and I said "Fun is a kid's game, doll. There's a world outside that ain't alot of fun and that's where I'm headed. I'm takin' my booze and skirtin' the town. You wanna have fun, you stay here with these clowns." A fella named Frank cracked a bottle across the bar and came at me to cut me up, but I dropped him with a bone to the neck. I looked at her and she looked at Frank, lying on the floor bleeding, and despite Franks whimpers and the mess, I can tell you that she was beautiful and that leaving was gonna take more that a half a bottle of borboun to forget her. But I turned and made for the door anyway. I couldn't remember two words anybody had told me that day but I was rememberin' everything she told me and everything she didn't. "Cathy," she said.

Anyways, out on the street I walked with my bottle in my arm until I got to the corner and there she was, Cathy. She looked at me and said "Share a cab?" I said I was walking cuz it wasn't too far. She looks at me with that smile again and she says "Tom," my name, and I says "Cathy." And she says "Ain't that a shame?" With that she was gone, in a cab down 43rd Street.

The booze was warm and it started to rain and I kept walkin' but I kept thinking about that cab. It's that kinda town, Manhattan.

I was just drinking my liquor, minding my own business, trying to forget that the booze was warm and the food was cold. It had been a long day, but a regular day--simple, uncomplicated. I couldn't remember sayin' more than two words to anybody since I'd been in Manhattan. Manhattan is that kinda town.

So I sipped my beer, watched the TV, the NFL Draft was on, I guess. I couldn't notice or care or pay attention because I couldn't stop thinking about her. She walked in with that green shirt on, one shoulder revealed, that smile, that body, those eyes. I forgot about the booze. I forgot about everything but that shoulder. That smile. You get the picture.

I turned away. I couldn't stand to look at her anymore. It's like looking at the sky or the moon--thing you wanna touch but can never do it, no matter how hard you reach. I had gotten real good at not reachin' anymore. I went back to my liquor, slammin' the bottle on the bar and asking the chappy for another one on the double. Make it cold, I said. I felt her standing behind me. A body like that has a way of not letting you forget that she's around. But I wouldn't turn around. Nah. I knew how that story would end. I'd seen that picture before. Hell, I'd practically written half the book on gals like that: about how looking at them is tough enough, about how touching them is worse. Dames like that are poison, I told myself. Chappy, I said, get me another goddam beer..and a shot. I couldn't remember two words I said to nobody that day, like I told ya. But I couldn't stop thinking about what this dame had to say. I turned around because I'm a fool. I turned around cuz I'm crazy. I turned around because the damn barkeep was slow with the booze and I couldn't do nothin' but turn around. So's I did.

She was standing near me. Close, but not too close which is how I liked it. Chappy dropped the bottle on the bar behind me and started pouring my shot and I told him to leave that bottle too and I flipped a hundred dollar bill over my shoulder so he wouldn't ask no more questions. I asked her if she wanted a drink. She said through those lips that she didn't want nothing what I got and I smiled at her. The gal was tough. I slapped the bar and chappy with his hundred scampers behind me and I says to get the lady a glass, but Chappy had one in his hand already. The kid is slow, but he ain't stupid.

I asked her her name and she said she didn't have one, but she'd take that drink anyway and I gave it to her when the kid was done pouring it. She downed it in one shot. Bourbon. One-oh-five proof. "Cathy," she said, finally. She had a name. She asked me what my name was and I said I didn't have one. She didn't smile. Tough broad. I poured her another bourbon and she drank it like she drank the other one--like she drinks life and drinks men and breathes the air--like she owns it all. It's her world, she was tellin' me, and I was just visitin' for as long as she felt like I was amusin'. "Tom" I said. "My name is Tom." "Tom, huh? That's a pretty boring name." She was smilin' now. It was her game. She took some more of my hundred-dollar booze. "I think I'll call you Charlie. You got a problem with that...Charlie?" She was laughing now, her lips dancing. People laughed with her because that's what people do wit' beautiful women--when she laughs, they laugh. "It's like that, is it?" I said. And she said "Yeah, yeah it is like that. Charlie." And her people laughed again.

I tapped the bar and Chappy ran over and I gave him another hundred and told him to give the lady whatever she wanted for as long as she was there. Then I tipped him a fifty and grabbed what was left of my bourbon and went to go. Like I said, I knew how this movie was gonna end. Cathy, if that was her real name, asked me if I was leavin' and I said "Yeah. It's that time." And she said "You ain't no fun, are ya Charlie?" I looked back at her and I said "Fun is a kid's game, doll. There's a world outside that ain't alot of fun and that's where I'm headed. I'm takin' my booze and skirtin' the town. You wanna have fun, you stay here with these clowns." A fella named Frank cracked a bottle across the bar and came at me to cut me up, but I dropped him with a bone to the neck. I looked at her and she looked at Frank, lying on the floor bleeding, and despite Franks whimpers and the mess, I can tell you that she was beautiful and that leaving was gonna take more that a half a bottle of borboun to forget her. But I turned and made for the door anyway. I couldn't remember two words anybody had told me that day but I was rememberin' everything she told me and everything she didn't. "Cathy," she said.

Anyways, out on the street I walked with my bottle in my arm until I got to the corner and there she was, Cathy. She looked at me and said "Share a cab?" I said I was walking cuz it wasn't too far. She looks at me with that smile again and she says "Tom," my name, and I says "Cathy." And she says "Ain't that a shame?" With that she was gone, in a cab down 43rd Street.

The booze was warm and it started to rain and I kept walkin' but I kept thinking about that cab. It's that kinda town, Manhattan.

That was a nice story!!! You are a great writer but I am still hearing some faint music in the backround. :-({|= You lose! You should have taken a chance and shared the cab! [-X

WTF was that?

:shock::shock::shock:

Those words or that sound? The words I can't help you with.

The sound was the whimper of a man who realized that his website just died. I will try to keep it down in the future.

Just to clarify because I did get some questions on it.

The website is not actually dying. Although our chances for survival are slim because my partner reall is a homo.

All along I thought he was joking!

Just to clarify because I did get some questions on it.

The website is not actually dying. Although our chances for survival are slim because my partner reall is a homo.

All along I thought he was joking!

Why do all of our posts end with the word "homo"?

OK gang...I scored some tickets on my own...I will be at the game with family, but I will stop by Stan's to meet everybody...

Awesome TJ. I was working it out to free some up for you. Glad to see you scored some. We'll be pumped to meet you!

Awesome TJ. I was working it out to free some up for you. Glad to see you scored some. We'll be pumped to meet you!

I was camping upstate last weekend, and got the good news when I got home. camping in the rain SUCKS.

Look at this, I walk away from the site for a few days, and it turns into Peyton Place!!!

It's not for me to comment, but that never stopped me before, so here you go...

Shaney, when you have a High-Steppin' Philly in your stable, you treat her like the precious creature she is, not kick her in the ass in front of the rest of the beasts....

Need to check that alarm clock of yours, mah brothah...find out what time it is....

Look at this, I walk away from the site for a few days, and it turns into Peyton Place!!!

Shaney, when you have a High-Steppin' Philly in your stable, you treat her like the precious creature she is, not kick her in the ass in front of the rest of the beasts....

Need to check that alarm clock of yours, mah brothah...find out what time it is....

Shaney, when you have a High-Steppin' Philly in your stable, you treat her like the precious creature she is, not kick her in the a$$ in front of the rest of the beasts....

:shock: Jack, GGG is, quite frankly, perfection. I would never, ever disrespect that. I apologize if it appeared that way. I really do.

Shaney, when you have a High-Steppin' Philly in your stable, you treat her like the precious creature she is, not kick her in the a$$ in front of the rest of the beasts....

:shock: Jack, GGG is, quite frankly, perfection. I would never, ever disrespect that. I apologize if it appeared that way. I really do.

What is ring day? Who's getting a ring? Tom???? Damn! Now I really do wish I was going! What the heck, I could always cheer on the gay dancing groundskeepers....

what did i tell you garb!!! maybe someone will drop out and you can take their tix :D

What is ring day? Who's getting a ring? Tom???? Damn! Now I really do wish I was going! What the heck, I could always cheer on the gay dancing groundskeepers....

what did i tell you garb!!! maybe someone will drop out and you can take their tix :D

Archived