Leon Washington

Mandarinia

it seems to me we are using him less and less on offense and more more on just special teams. Here is a truth table to support my claim:

If Leon doesnt play offense, then he must playing special teams or he is injured.

p=play offense

q=playing special teams

r=he is injured

~p -> (q V r)

p q r ~p -> (q V r)

T T T F T T T T

T T F F T T T F

T F T F T F T T

T F F F T F F F

F T T T T T T T

F T F T T T T F

F F T T T F T T

F F F T F F F F

But seriously were not using him to our advantage. I don't remember one screen pass (which he is really good at) last week. We are using him more on just special teams and less on our offense.

I said this when we traded for TJ. They are both the same kind of RB. Teams that split RB duties usually have a guy like Reggie Bush and a guy like Deuce. One is the speedster and the other is the bruiser.

TJ might be ripped, but he runs like a speedster. He doesn't bang or knock anybody over. Leon is more like Westbrook than anything else.

People didn't listen to me before but it was obvious they did not have faith in Washington and they still don't. He's a special teams player and if Miller weren't injured, Washington might barely play.

Smith and Washington might have been decent offensive weapons, but Mangini and Schott Jr don't seem to know how to use them.

TJ does not knock anyone over? have you watched the games where he is dragging people? the problem is that the LINE SUCKS

You obviously have never watched this guy play football before. He might knock a guy over now and again, but he is not a bruiser. Leon and TJ are similar types of running backs. Maybe Leon is faster and maybe TJ is bigger, but it's like a Bush/Deuce tandem and so on.

TJ had 2 good seasons in his NFL career and that was because he had a great OL. Give me a break about "if they had a great OL" TJ would be good. Yeah so would most NFL Running backs. TJ is not a guy that makes teams better.

If TJ were a bruiser, he might not gain 150 yards a game, but he wouldn't be averaging less than 3 yards per carry. The OL only would make him better, it wouldn't make him a non factor if he were indeed, a guy who knocked others over.

TJ is currently 12th in the NFL in rushing yardage running behind an OL that cant run block.

Almost every single one of his rushes for a loss were the result of the defense whipping through our pathetic OL and nailing him while he was still in the backfield. Using his average per carry is not proof of how he is doing- he's actually run pretty well behind that crappy OL.

As far as Leon not getting the touches, that goes to the playcalling/gameplanning.

TJ is currently 12th in the NFL in rushing yardage running behind an OL that cant run block.

Almost every single one of his rushes for a loss were the result of the defense whipping through our pathetic OL and nailing him while he was still in the backfield. Using his average per carry is not proof of how he is doing- he's actually run pretty well behind that crappy OL.

As far as Leon not getting the touches, that goes to the playcalling/gameplanning.

Stats mean nothing. If you can't get a first down on 3rd and 1, not only is your OL bad, but your running back isn't a bruiser.

I said Thomas Jones would get his 1200 yards this season. But I also said he will do nothing for this team. Last season the RB's scored 15 TDs. How many does TJ have so far this season?

TJ is what he is. He's an avg NFL running back. Why they traded for him made no sense to me back then and it's obvious he doesn't improve this team now and by the time he might, he'll be 30 something years old.

That's what I am saying. stats dont tell the story. You said:

he wouldn't be averaging less than 3 yards per carry.

and i responded that using the stat is unfair to him becuase the line stinks.

As for TDs, the Jets dont get close enough to the goal line to give him the ball. Nugent's FGs last game were 25, 37, 43 yards.

And when it was fourth and one and third and one against the iggles, they didnt give him the ball, even though he already had over 100 yards. As usual, the CS isnt utilizing the talent properly on offense OR defense.

Wahington > Jones. Washington just doesnt get the ball

Coaching decision. They are doing an awesome job this year, arent they?

BTW, TJ is averaging 3.7 per carry, not "less than 3.0"

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Again, what has TJ done to improve this team? I had a problem with the trade when it happened and so far not one person can claim he's made a difference on this team.

Again, what has TJ done to improve this team? I had a problem with the trade when it happened and so far not one person can claim he's made a difference on this team.

He is averaging .3 yards less per carry than the great Curtis Martin did in his career..

I liked the trade then and I still do now. He gives us more of a threat than we ever had last year. The o line has virtually provided no openings for us to sustain a running game. I think jones has done a decent job considering the defenses stacking the box with 8 defenders on nearly every down.

I liked the trade then and I still do now. He gives us more of a threat than we ever had last year. The o line has virtually provided no openings for us to sustain a running game. I think jones has done a decent job considering the defenses stacking the box with 8 defenders on nearly every down.

That would be impressive if it were true.

Didn't we used to hear all the time about defense facing Curtis were stacking the box with 8 defenders all the time?

Isn't that line getting a little worn out at this point?

Except when it was someone they hated like Barlow or Blaylock. Then it was just "he sucks" - and he faced more 8-man fronts than Jones has.

Archived