Hope

LionelRichie

since the jets have never made the super bowl in my lifetime, hope is all i have.

from blair thomas, browning nagle, the arrival of the tuna - to vinny's blown achiles, and the "next montana" - hope is what i've always clung to. this year was another year of great hope only to be crushed by bad play, bad coaching, and bad luck.

at 1-7 with the season in the toilet the hope is back:

kellen clemens.

i know he probably won't be the next manning, elway, or brady but right now all i can do is hope and maybe, just maybe clemens is the one. the one to take this franchise where most of us have never witnessed.

i think jet fans wanted chadwick benched for this very reason. not becasue he gives the best chance to win but because he gives us a reason to hope. as perennial losers this is what we have - not lombardi's but hope.

as long as clemens shows some promise in the next 8 games i wll be excited again, suffer through the offseason and look forward to openning day only to have my super dreams crushed again. at least i have something though.

since the jets have never made the super bowl in my lifetime, hope is all i have.

from blair thomas, browning nagle, the arrival of the tuna - to vinny's blown achiles, and the "next montana" - hope is what i've always clung to. this year was another year of great hope only to be crushed by bad play, bad coaching, and bad luck.

at 1-7 with the season in the toilet the hope is back:

kellen clemens.

i know he probably won't be the next manning, elway, or brady but right now all i can do is hope and maybe, just maybe clemens is the one. the one to take this franchise where most of us have never witnessed.

i think jet fans wanted chadwick benched for this very reason. not becasue he gives the best chance to win but because he gives us a reason to hope. as perennial losers this is what we have - not lombardi's but hope.

as long as clemens shows some promise in the next 8 games i wll be excited again, suffer through the offseason and look forward to openning day only to have my super dreams crushed again. at least i have something though.

who thought Tony Romo would be this good? he was an undrafted free agent in 2003 and had to wait until last year to finally get a chance. You never know what will happen...

as long as clemens stops with the happy feet and settles in he could be real good.

but I understand where you're coming from.

How can you know he won't be the next great quarterback? You can't know he will, but saying that you know he won't is just as idiotic.

Being a long time Jets fan has made me quite negative. I think that the trick for the next few weeks will be not to get too high or too low on Kellen (Easier said than done).

I only hope that he shows some good things and gives us something to look forward to.

Archived