The Second Half: Up, Or Down And Out?

Maxman

Those are the issues JC - nice job.

How can we go down from where we're at? The D is showing signs of being competitive and if the offense can help them out by putting some points up - we've got a good chance of finishing the season as a respectable team. This puts a lot of pressure on KC. I fully expect him to screw up for awhile, but I'd rather experience 3 and outs against a spread out defense than have 2 unsuccessful check downs for 3 yards when we need 9 and a no gain rush.

It's going to require the combination of Shott calling some down field pass plays and KC threading some needles. The offense will fall into place in short order if that gets accomplished.

Good job JC.

Hopefully Kellen gets a healthy Coles to work with as well so teams can't just look to take Cotch away from him. I also expect JMac to shine with Kellen providing he hangs onto the ball.

At any rate it will be good to see a 30 yd strike via just the flick of the wrist from Kellen. We need to just hope he picks up the mental aspects of the game. I hope we do away with the no huddle for Kellen as that IMO is a little much to lay on a young QB.

Ellis and Thomas are pathetic since getting paid.

Let me add to the Kudos, JC great read. You hit all of the points. My main concern for KC is the offensive line play. They need to give the kid time to throw, and just as important the need to open holes for jones. We need to have a good running game if this kid is going to survive...

Excellent read JC, thanks.

Just like to make one comment for what it is worth.

I hope Clemens doesn't try to go to the vertical passing game right away. I fear for him if he does.

What the Skins are going to see when they review his five quarters of football, is the same thing we saw. A young, green, QB who has a tendency to panic, and make mistakes when under big time pressure. The shovel pass last week for instance. Nearly all young QB's, if not all, do the same thing when under pressure, until they get used to the speed of the game.

IMO, what Clemens has to do, and everyone is going to hate hearing this, is the same thing Pennington did. Three step drop, and dink and dunk.

At first

The one thing that Clement can do, that Pennington couldn't, is make a defense pay dearly with a long ball, if they over react to the short passing game. IMO, if he plays it smart in the beginning of the game, and moves the chains, they will come up, and he will find his buddy J-Mac, for a 40 or 50 yard TD, which will get the D off the line of scrimmage quickly.

JMHO

Cane did a real good job with this article. He even researched his own graphic!

:cheers:

Thanks guys, i'm glad you enjoyed the read. I found that photo over a month ago, and sent it to Max and told him I wanted to use it for my next article, whenever that was.

The team has been floundering with a QB who basically had a horizontal passing game, and an ILB whose strength is playing East-West, not North-South. The geometry of the team was off, and needs to be re-directed to accomodate the new system on defense, and a more explosive offense.

I am hoping to see some passes to Leon out of the backfield this week. Confidence builders for Clemens, and also the Pats used it effectively against the Skins last week. I hope that throwing to backs coming out of the backfield is in the gameplan this week.

Thanks again for the props.

Thanks guys, i'm glad you enjoyed the read. I found that photo over a month ago, and sent it to Max and told him I wanted to use it for my next article, whenever that was.

The team has been floundering with a QB who basically had a horizontal passing game, and an ILB whose strength is playing East-West, not North-South. The geometry of the team was off, and needs to be re-directed to accomodate the new system on defense, and a more explosive offense.

I am hoping to see some passes to Leon out of the backfield this week. Confidence builders for Clemens, and also the Pats used it effectively against the Skins last week. I hope that throwing to backs coming out of the backfield is in the gameplan this week.

Thanks again for the props.

Wait you just admitted that you wrote an article to match an image. That means you were biased. Luckily the Jets are 1 and 7 otherwise it never would have worked.

Good read! :sign0098:

Archived