"People living in your house are your responsibility"-Roger Goodell

Matt39

gotcha...i want to know a little bit more about this Reid scenerio. Seems really strange to me that the apple has seemingly fallen so far from the tree.

Little odd that Goodell hasnt spoken out about this considering he was all over the Vick thing.

The judge very angrily admonished the Reid family, calling the house a "Drug Emporium".

He was found in his cell yesterday, prior to sentencing, with something like 57 prescription pills in his cell.

The Reid's have failed their sons miserably, but that is not a crime. Happens all over this great country of ours.

The judge very angrily admonished the Reid family, calling the house a "Drug Emporium".

He was found in his cell yesterday, prior to sentencing, with something like 57 prescription pills in his cell.

The Reid's have failed their sons miserably, but that is not a crime. Happens all over this great country of ours.

Never said it was a crime, but if Goodell is going to live up to his word he needs to speak out against this.

The media will treat him with kiddie gloves though

Never said it was a crime, but if Goodell is going to live up to his word he needs to speak out against this.

The media will treat him with kiddie gloves though

Some of the local media here in Philly is saying that the Eagles must act here and do what is right and allow Reid to get his own ouse in order.

It is a difficult area that you draw a line on. Andy has committed no crime here. You can't force someone to act in teh best interest of their child, as an employer.

No easy answers, it is just sad.

it is illegal to have heroin in your house, same as dog fighting.

You can't make the leap that the Reids condoned having th e illegal drugs in their house. Although, teh prescriptions they kept on hand, did not help.

That is where the initial Vick case became bogged down, did he know of the activity and therefore condone that activity.

Not the same assumptions apply

You can't make the leap that the Reids condoned having th e illegal drugs in their house. Although, teh prescriptions they kept on hand, did not help.

That is where the initial Vick case became bogged down, did he know of the activity and therefore condone that activity.

Not the same assumptions apply

Vick owns a house where there is dog fighting, says he didn't live in the house.

Reid owns a house where there is heroine and a mess of perscription drugs, his wife and two sons live in the house (not sure about reid).

Sounds like the same instance to me, both should be punished, yet at this point only Vick has been.

disclaimer- i think vick is a pile of dog ****, and i like reid. This shouldn't save reid from being punished, i agree with the the thread starter.

Vick owns a house where there is dog fighting, says he didn't live in the house.

Reid owns a house where there is heroine and a mess of perscription drugs, his wife and two sons live in the house (not sure about reid).

Sounds like the same instance to me, both should be punished, yet at this point only Vick has been.

disclaimer- i think vick is a pile of dog ****, and i like reid. This shouldn't save reid from being punished, i agree with the the thread starter.

Having prescriptions in your house is not a crime. Having a son who uses and deals heroine, supposedly unbeknownst to you, is not a crime.

Promoting illegal activities such as dog fighting, and torturing those animals on your property is a crime.

There are vast differences.

If I was Andy Reid, I would resign and take care of business. That is just me though.

britt reid was arrested on the street for pointing a gun at another driver

garrett reid was arrested for a high speed car crash, the drugs were found in his car

unlike Vick nothing was found in Andy Reid's house

They did a search of the house, and they found a lot of prescribed drugs, that they could find no corresponding records to.

Not a major felony, but a red flag.

Having prescriptions in your house is not a crime. Having a son who uses and deals heroine, supposedly unbeknownst to you, is not a crime.

Promoting illegal activities such as dog fighting, and torturing those animals on your property is a crime.

There are vast differences.

If I was Andy Reid, I would resign and take care of business. That is just me though.

It is illegal to have perscription drugs in your house if they are not perscribed to you, and they are clearly for the intent of selling...i'm sure you knew that...either way.

do we know Andy Reid didn't have any knowledge this was happening? That's my only point. Vick denied it at first, Reid denies it right now.

If it's true that reid had no idea, then you are right, i just don't know if that is the actual truth at this point.

It is illegal to have perscription drugs in your house if they are not perscribed to you, and they are clearly for the intent of selling...i'm sure you knew that...either way.

do we know Andy Reid didn't have any knowledge this was happening? That's my only point. Vick denied it at first, Reid denies it right now.

If it's true that reid had no idea, then you are right, i just don't know if that is the actual truth at this point.

Well, no matter the case, The NFL or the Eagles CAN NOT do anything about the situation unless and until Andy Reid is charged with something.

He has not been. To do otherwise would create a civil case that would be ugly.

Well, no matter the case, The NFL or the Eagles CAN NOT do anything about the situation unless and until Andy Reid is charged with something.

didn't pacman get suspended BEFORE he was found guilty in court? All the legalities this year are getting out of control. I have to feel for Reid in this instance, it's had to have been an awful experience.

Pretty much a wait and see at this point.

The three situtations that have been mentioned on the board are factually disimilar that they really can not be compared to each other.

PAC-MAN 10 run-ins with the law

Vick- admitted dogfighter

Reid - has sons who are drug addicts and had perscription drugs in the house without the corresponding persciptions

Should Reid be punished, I say seeing how his sons have turned out, is punishment enough. I do not know if they are too far gone to be saved, but that should be his priority at this point. Kids and drug problems are not news....In this case they are because of who their father is, which is the unfortunate side of celeberity.

drago is completely right and the only question left is why is there so much hypocrisy in this situation? Nobody wanted to wait for evidence on Vick and he didn't even live there, and it certainly wasn't his children engaging in the illegal activity. But for Reid excuse after excuse is made for why he should get a completely free pass and giving him the complete benefit of the doubt.

I have seen many court cases and statutes where the rule of law is you are responsible for what goes on in your house. My friend got arrested because his sister was under 21 and had a few other friends over drinking, and he was just sitting in his room and had no clue what was going on. The government can take your house if your spouse grows marijuana, it was in the Wall Street Journal I believe back around July or August, I don't know how the case turned out though.

britt reid was arrested on the street for pointing a gun at another driver

garrett reid was arrested for a high speed car crash, the drugs were found in his car

unlike Vick nothing was found in Andy Reid's house

pssst... they found unlicensed, unregistered handguns and ammo in the house, prescription and non-prescription recreational drugs in the house and in several vehicles, etc.

drago is completely right and the only question left is why is there so much hypocrisy in this situation? Nobody wanted to wait for evidence on Vick and he didn't even live there, and it certainly wasn't his children engaging in the illegal activity. But for Reid excuse after excuse is made for why he should get a completely free pass and giving him the complete benefit of the doubt.

I have seen many court cases and statutes where the rule of law is you are responsible for what goes on in your house. My friend got arrested because his sister was under 21 and had a few other friends over drinking, and he was just sitting in his room and had no clue what was going on. The government can take your house if your spouse grows marijuana, it was in the Wall Street Journal I believe back around July or August, I don't know how the case turned out though.

What do you mean "nobody wanted to wait for evidence for Vick"?

When was the story first reported? When did Vick get suspended? Those things were months apart.

It is irrational and knee jerk to demand that suspensions be handed down and proclamations made right on teh heels of an event.

Cooler heads need to prevail, and the facts should be known.

"'I liked being the rich kid in that area and having my own high-status life,' " Garrett was quoted as saying. "'I could go anywhere in the 'hood. They all knew who I was. I enjoyed it. I liked being a drug dealer. . . . These kids were scared of me,' " O'Neill quoted Garrett as saying. "'I was even selling to their parents . . . . I turned everyone on to Oxycontin.'"

blame hip hop

What do you mean "nobody wanted to wait for evidence for Vick"?

When was the story first reported? When did Vick get suspended? Those things were months apart.

It is irrational and knee jerk to demand that suspensions be handed down and proclamations made right on teh heels of an event.

Cooler heads need to prevail, and the facts should be known.

As soon as it was reported I said we need to wait on evidence, and I got flamed and killed for it and people acted like I condone animal cruelty. Yeah I exaggerated with "everybody" but when you're getting slammed by dozens of posters it sure seems like everybody.

That would be the case if the kids didn't already say that the stuff was theirs. In the case of your friend, if his sister, etc would have told them who bought the alcohol, etc, than your friend most likely wouldn't have got in nearly as much trouble. Same with the pot, if someone comes forward and says that the pot was theirs, they are USUALLY the only one to get in trouble.

Also, I have been in situations where pot was at a party but no one claimed it, in those situations NO ONE WAS ARRESTED OR CHARGED, because they had no idea whose it was.

That would be the case if the kids didn't already say that the stuff was theirs. In the case of your friend, if his sister, etc would have told them who bought the alcohol, etc, than your friend most likely wouldn't have got in nearly as much trouble. Same with the pot, if someone comes forward and says that the pot was theirs, they are USUALLY the only one to get in trouble.

Also, I have been in situations where pot was at a party but no one claimed it, in those situations NO ONE WAS ARRESTED OR CHARGED, because they had no idea whose it was.

Nope, they knew it was theirs. I don't know where you live but this was out in Ohio.

The followup on that is actually interesting. His sister tried it again after the case was concluded and he already spent time in jail, and my friend was prepared. He grabbed a baseball bat and broke up her get together, knocking beers out of the girls' hands. All I could tell him was his sister is a bitch lol

Nope, they knew it was theirs. I don't know where you live but this was out in Ohio.

The followup on that is actually interesting. His sister tried it again after the case was concluded and he already spent time in jail, and my friend was prepared. He grabbed a baseball bat and broke up her get together, knocking beers out of the girls' hands. All I could tell him was his sister is a bitch lol

Well, it would have to be someone over 21. They couldn't say it was theirs because they are underage. If someone over 21 in the house would have said they had bought it than the cops most likely (depending on jurisdiction of course) wouldn't have filed charges against everyone over 21, but just the one who admitted responsibility for purchasing and giving it to the minors. i know this from experience :)

FYI, there were MANY people saying wait and see if its true before we throw Vick in jail.

How many times do we hear about how coaching is a 24/7 job, and that coaches have ZERO time with their family. #1--that means he probably didn't have any idea this garbage was going on until his kids were at the point of no return. #2--he's said a couple times this has been a battle going on for "a couple of years." Most kids that get into dealing drugs and stuff aren't easily brought back from the depths, regardless of if/how theres been trying.

It astonishes me how people are comparing him to Vick. Reid may be a bad father, but he's not a dispicable human being. I don't see him making the choice to hurt other living things, like Vick or Pacman(guy getting shot). And to assume what Reid is thinking is extremely unfair to the man, so there really cant be an arguement that he doesn't care about his kids.

I dont have, and am many years from having, kids, but--if it was me, yeah, I'd be home right now trying to fix this stuff. But...I am not Andy Reid, and he most certainly knows more about this situation than I do.

Well, it would have to be someone over 21. They couldn't say it was theirs because they are underage. If someone over 21 in the house would have said they had bought it than the cops most likely (depending on jurisdiction of course) wouldn't have filed charges against everyone over 21, but just the one who admitted responsibility for purchasing and giving it to the minors. i know this from experience :)

He didn't buy it though, and he was the only one in the house over 21. Poor kid, one second we are playing computer games, next thing I know he dissappears and I don't hear from him for a few days.

As for the Vick stuff, there was a thread on this. I was getting killed for my stance of wait and see, that is just what I remember. I dunno if you guys were there to post or not, or my memory is maybe foggy, but I'm not intentionally seeking to decieve anyone or anything like that.

Archived