Why does Torre change the lineup everyday?

Barton

Everyday its a different lineup

Even when the Yankees hit well 1 day, he changes it the next.

This is 1 of the reasons this team is so inconsistent I believe.

Believe it or not but it really matters how your lineup is put toegether, Joe. You don't play frickin 52 card pickup and shuffle these guys around, they'll never get comfortable.

AND GET RID OF TONY BLOWMACK! HE IS TERRIBLE, 1 of the worst hitters I have ever seen. Trade him or make him a fulltime pinch runner.

Why does he play Giambi at all?

Why does he play Womack at all?

Why not call up Crosby and let his a$$ play LF if you don't wanna play Sierra there?

Why even try? :shock:

Who do you want to play first? Tino? He's hitting horribly, and Giambi has more upside as a hitter. Plus, Giambi has been hitting much better lately.

.878 OPS this month. It's not worth the money, but it's still all right. To put it in comparison, David Wright has a .896 OPS this year.

offensively, i hate to say it, but balco boy is doing much better than tino martinez over the past month or so.

as for womack, hes going to get traded eventually if he keeps crying so you might as well put up with him for now. by the offchance he gets on base he's a great SB threat

C'MON PEOPLE...LET'S GET BACK TO REALITY!!!

-why are you so surprised Giamboo is hitting better than the corpse that is Tino Martinez?

-in case you havent figured it out...no Yankee is going to "get cut" because they make far too much money to just piss away.

-you're not losing because of Tony Womack, youre losing because youre OLD and fat george ruined your team by forming a roster of selfish losers when he used to have a roster full of unselfish winners.

Forget killing individual players for a moment, therapeutic as you might find it to be. There are FAR too many AWFUL Yankees this year to single out! Why dont you start killing fat george for once???

Torre needed to send the team a message by pulling a Gil Hodges and walking out to center field, ask Bernie if he is ok and then saying come on back to the dugout with me.

That routine single that was turned into a double by Bernie's casual approach along with Derek's error due to nochalanting his throw speaks volumes of the lack of leadership on this current group.

while Jeter's leadership is basically non-existent and the whole "captain" thing is a joke...

I disagree that Torre needs to send any kind of message to this team. Theyre far beyond that by now! Theyre too old and too sucky, for lack of a better term.

Torre can cuss them all out like Lowlife Lou Piniella if he wants and overturn tables, throw chairs and dump Gatorade bottles in a theatrical display of a grown man acting like a child until the cows come home...it wont make a difference!

Its time to start selling who they can sell, rebuilding the team from scratch, and parading the geriatric 2005 Yankees around for the Summer of Shame World Tour!!!

Everyday its a different lineup

Even when the Yankees hit well 1 day, he changes it the next.

This is 1 of the reasons this team is so inconsistent I believe.

Believe it or not but it really matters how your lineup is put toegether, Joe. You don't play frickin 52 card pickup and shuffle these guys around, they'll never get comfortable.

I agree EB

The 98 Yankees had the same lineup everyday, and the players knew their role.

How about this lineup:

Cano

Jeter

Sheffield

ARod

Matsui

Williams

Sierra

Giambi

Posada

Leave the lineup like this for at least a week or more to see what happens.

Torre is stuck with these guys and their contracts. And almost every move is a result of having a cleanup hitter in Giambi who's completely worthless.This whole lineup is being asked to make up for the fact that at 1B-a power position-the Yanks hoped Giambi would hit .295, .390 OBP, 35 HRs and 100+ RBI. And they're not gonna get anywhere near that.

For his entire tenure, Torre stubbornly gives struggling guys a long rope-Charlie Hayes over Boggs was the first of many. Playing Womack and Giambi is a total waste of time, contracts be damned. Who ever though Womack's signing as better than reupping Miggy needs to be fired.

As for Williams, though, who can you play there? it means moving Matsui over, and putting Sierra(who's a platooner and bad fielder) or Crosby (who's no great shakes) in and costing this offensively hamstrung team even more offense. It's not laziness-he's just old.

Again, all this is because GIAMBI SUCKS.

I agree EB

The 98 Yankees had the same lineup everyday, and the players knew their role.

How about this lineup:

Cano

Jeter

Sheffield

ARod

Matsui

Williams

Sierra

Giambi

Posada

Leave the lineup like this for at least a week or more to see what happens.

No way in hell can Cano lead off. He has no speed, and he can't walk. That's the 2 things you need from your leadoff man. He does neither.

Who do you want to play first? Tino? He's hitting horribly, and Giambi has more upside as a hitter. Plus, Giambi has been hitting much better lately.

.878 OPS this month. It's not worth the money, but it's still all right. To put it in comparison, David Wright has a .896 OPS this year.

Tino has a glove, Giambi doesn't, so yes, Tino at first and batting 9th.

If not, RE-CALL ANDY PHILLIPS.

He may not walk, but he has no speed?? :shock:

Are you frickin kidding me?

He has speed. Remember, Soriano wasn't one to draw walks either, and he led off. Give the young kid a chance! He will learn to be patient at the plate. And lately, he's been locked in, getting hits and not swinging at bad pitches.

Archived