Giambi

GimmeShelter

Somebody told me since mid may Giambi is hitting .305, and recently he actually has made a few really clutch game winning hits....

could GI AM BI be returning to old form? :shock:

Its not likely considering he never hits the ball the other way anymore, but I could see him being a .280 hitter or so. Not great, but its better than .220 or whatever else he has been doing the past 2 years.

Somebody told me since mid may Giambi is hitting .305, and recently he actually has made a few really clutch game winning hits....

could GI AM BI be returning to old form? :shock:

Its not likely considering he never hits the ball the other way anymore, but I could see him being a .280 hitter or so. Not great, but its better than .220 or whatever else he has been doing the past 2 years.

That Tino at bat in the 9th was priceless. Brought back sweet memories of those late 90's Yankees who would keep fouling off pitches and earn a walk which would start a rally.

Couple that with Sheffield throwing slamming helemt down in anger like Paulie, it almost seemed like the old Yankees. :lol:

That Tino at bat in the 9th was priceless. Brought back sweet memories of those late 90's Yankees who would keep fouling off pitches and earn a walk which would start a rally.

Couple that with Sheffield throwing slamming helemt down in anger like Paulie, it almost seemed like the old Yankees. :lol:

that's great. an $18M singles hitter, just what the yankees need to right the ship. then again, it's better than the 3 k's a game he was racking up in april and may.

Giambi SUCKS. The entire lineup is effed up because this roid freak isn't living up to his salary nor expectations. The whole offense coming into the season was predicated on Giambi doing a .295/.380 OBP/35 HRs/100 RBI in the middle. Instead, he may get .270/.365/15-20/80, which means all those spots in the lineup the Yanks knew upfront wouldn't make major power contributions(2B, LF) have to pick up the slack-which isn't happening. And at the same time, 3 slots they thought would be at least okay haven't done the job either-CF, DH, C.You had to hope this doucehbag Giambi could be expected to pick up the slack, but it's not there. Even with 2 late-game heroic hits in the last 2 weeks, Giambi still is costing them with his other crappy 3 ABs every game.

You could live with Tino/Sierra, Cano, Posada and Williams' minimal contributions if Giambi was having a big season. He's not. And Womack is so bad they should let the pitchers bat instead of him. Womack's signing makes the signings of Steve Trout, Jack Clark, Rupert Jones and Steve Kemp look like genius moves by comparison.

Archived