Mr. Leon Washington!

oxscott

Looks like they finally realized that he needs to touch the ball more often. Line him up in the slot, out wide, 2 back formations, just get this man the ball. He is explosive, elusive, and is a tough runner! A great weapon with sure hands is something the Jets need to take advantage of, especially with Cotch out.

I think a strong dose of Washington and Jones will neutralize almost any teams defense plan. I also think that will be the formula when we play the Pats. If mangini figures it out the Jets will run tough all day long against the Pats.....I call that a win!!

you guys make me laugh. if mangini figurea it out. If only he knew as much as we did about football

I did not say I knew more than mangini, what I said is a running game will beat the Pats and that by the way isn't magical intelligence.....and what I said (meant) is when he figures out what every other team in the history of the NFL has done to neutralize a high power air assualt team (i.e. control the line of scrimmage with a power running game) then we will be fine...

By the way you will need to couple the power running with a good rush to the QB on the defensive side of the ball too.

How's that....

I did not say I knew more than mangini, what I said is a running game will beat the Pats and that by the way isn't magical intelligence.....and what I said (meant) is when he figures out what every other team in the history of the NFL has done to neutralize a high power air assualt team (i.e. control the line of scrimmage with a power running game) then we will be fine...

By the way you will need to couple the power running with a good rush to the QB on the defensive side of the ball too.

How's that....

only problem is we don't have enough talent on either line to control the line

How's that....

I will not say that I know more then mangini, but I'm not as arrogant to think when my plan doesn't work I change so that I can win. I think that is what most Jet fans feel about mangini.

I will not say that I know more then mangini, but I'm not as arrogant to think when my plan doesn't work I change so that I can win. I think that is what most Jet fans feel about mangini.

Leon is the only player on this team that can make explosion plays!!!

Why isn't he utilized more? Only the Football mangenius knows:confused::confused:

The Jets ran 62 offensive plays yesterday and Leon got 12 touches.

That is almost 20% and that is a good number for him.

A quick look at the Jets stats reveals that the Jets have run about 700 plays this season, give or take a couple, and Leon has 72 touches (includes recpts and rushes) which is just over 10%.

Yes, they had him in the gameplan yesterday in a more prominent role, and it's about time.

It isnt about anyone knowing more football than the HC--it's about the HC having his head up his ass for most of this season.

How many offensive plays do the Jets normally run in the course of a game??I believe the reason we saw more Washington was because we had the ball for over 35:00.That gave us extra plays to spread around that we normally don't get in a game.

Do the math.

700 divided by 12 is 58.3333 plays per game.

Before yesterday, 638 plays, 60 Leon touches, that is LESS than 10% going into yesterday.

Not giving LW a more prominent role in the offense has been one of the more egregious errors committed by the CS this year.

Looks like they finally realized that he needs to touch the ball more often. Line him up in the slot, out wide, 2 back formations, just get this man the ball. He is explosive, elusive, and is a tough runner! A great weapon with sure hands is something the Jets need to take advantage of, especially with Cotch out.

I may have said this before, but, the jets are two entirely different teams when Leon is on the field and when 2 YPC-Jones is on the field. Jones drags this already weak offense backwards, while Leon gives it a very explosive aspect.

There is no way we can cut jones, but we can certainly sit him on the bench, and give him the 5 carries per game. Not sure how many times leon has to prove he is the superior back, i hope Mangini cuts his losses on the Jones bust.

Archived