former jet reuninited with hermie

jetsrule128

Kansas City Claims T Adrian Jones on Waivers; Places T Kyle Turley on IR

Dec 19, 2007, 3:59:10 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the club claimed T Adrian Jones on waivers from the N.Y. Jets. The club also placed T Kyle Turley on Injured Reserve. As per NFL rules, Jones will play under terms of his previous contract.

Jones (6-5, 296) played in seven games for the N.Y. Jets in 2007. He originally entered the NFL as a fourth-round selection (132nd overall) of the Jets in the 2004 NFL Draft. He has seen action in 44 games (16 starts) during his four-year NFL career. The University of Kansas product played in 42 games for the Jayhawks, spending his first three collegiate seasons as a tight end before moving to offensive tackle as a senior. Jones prepped at Carter High School in Dallas, Texas.

Reunited with Hermie

This Jones thing kind of baffles me.

Jones started for a year for the Jets. Played both right side and Left side.

He wasn't very good, and is the reason D-Brick was taken.

I'll say one thing, in that year he was a heck of a lot better then Clement is right now.

Could he have regressed so far that he couldn't beat out that stiff.

I'll say one thing, in that year he was a heck of a lot better then Clement is right now.

Could he have regressed so far that he couldn't beat out that stiff.

Man your memory is short. Yes Clement is bad, but in that year Jones let up 8 sacks and was completely useless as a run blocker. He started at LT and was moved because even DuhHermie could see that Jones was liable to be charged with accomplice to manslaughter trying to protect a QB's blindside. The fact that he was at RT and the QB's could see the defender coming probably saved him from being responsible for at least 10 more sacks. Our line is bad, but Jones is hands down the worst OL I have ever seen in my life.

Man your memory is short. Yes Clement is bad, but in that year Jones let up 8 sacks and was completely useless as a run blocker. He started at LT and was moved because even DuhHermie could see that Jones was liable to be charged with accomplice to manslaughter trying to protect a QB's blindside. The fact that he was at RT and the QB's could see the defender coming probably saved him from being responsible for at least 10 more sacks. Our line is bad, but Jones is hands down the worst OL I have ever seen in my life.

lol the funniest part about that was, at least on TGG, there were people arguing with me that LTs take time to develop so Brick was a bad pick. They might take time to develop, but I don't think Jones was ever going to develop into anything and would have gotten a few more QBs killed.

Could he have regressed so far that he couldn't beat out that stiff ?

Apparently.

Archived