The last greatest baseball season

Jet Moses

Tough to pick a season.

But for me, in spite of their losing in Game 7, the 2001 WS was a classic. 3 big time moments out of the 7 games. That almost never happens. The first 2 were the big time, late inning HRs by Tino and Brosis to tie or win the Games in Yankee Stadium. The 3rd moment was the Gonzalez hit off MO, that completed an unreal comeback by the D-Backs to win it all in Game 7.:bag:

I was very disappointed with the outcome, but that Series was a classic, one of the best in the past many years.

I think you have to go back to before the wild card.

I think for Pennant Race you would have to go 1993 when the Braves won 103 and the Giants won 102.

For the best season. 1980. The Phillies won the East on the last weekend going up to Montreal and beating the Expos.

The Dodgers sweep the Astros to tie them for the West only to lose a one game playoff the next day.

Then throw in the great NLCS series between the Astros and the Phillies where 4 of the 5 games went extra innings.

Over in the American League the Yankees stormed out to a big lead and then had to hold off a furious charge from the Orioles to win the East. While out west Billy Martin resurected a dead Oakland A's franchise but still finished second to KC.

I think you have to go back to before the wild card.

I think for Pennant Race you would have to go 1993 when the Braves won 103 and the Giants won 102.

For the best season. 1980. The Phillies won the East on the last weekend going up to Montreal and beating the Expos.

The Dodgers sweep the Astros to tie them for the West only to lose a one game playoff the next day.

Then throw in the great NLCS series between the Astros and the Phillies where 4 of the 5 games went extra innings.

Over in the American League the Yankees stormed out to a big lead and then had to hold off a furious charge from the Orioles to win the East. While out west Billy Martin resurected a dead Oakland A's franchise but still finished second to KC.

Yeah I remember when Billy coached the A's. What were some of his players? Was Ricky around back then? I don't think Canseco was.

Yeah I remember when Billy coached the A's. What were some of his players? Was Ricky around back then? I don't think Canseco was.

Henderson, Armas and Murphy were the Outfielders.

After the championship teams were broken up after 76 there was alot of talk of the A's moving to Denver. Charley Finley sold the team and the new owners named Martin manager after the 79 season.

They made the post season in 81 eliminated the Royals in the first round but were elimintated by the Yankees in the ALCS.

The A's were probably Martin's best work.

I don't know about the last great baseball season, but here's hoping for 2008, the 100 year anniversary of the Cubs last WS victory.

I know there's a lot of negative things you can point out in baseball right now.

But I love the game for the good things.

Call that whatever you want, I'm a baseball fan.

:)

Go Cubs!!!!!

Henderson, Armas and Murphy were the Outfielders.

After the championship teams were broken up after 76 there was alot of talk of the A's moving to Denver. Charley Finley sold the team and the new owners named Martin manager after the 79 season.

They made the post season in 81 eliminated the Royals in the first round but were elimintated by the Yankees in the ALCS.

The A's were probably Martin's best work.

When did Billy go back to the Yanks?

mbn is right. Which Time

After Oakland he went back to the Yanks I think in 1983 following the 4 manager fiasco of 1982. Got fired after 83 then took over again in 85 after Yogi was fired like 3 weeks into the season.

Who were the interim coaches...

Bucky Dent, Stump Merril, Dallas Green...

Archived