We really really really need a new catcher.

Matt39

How many times do I need to beat this into everyone.

Jorge Posada is a complete waste.

Teams can run at will on this guy and his hitting is embarassing. The most unclutch player in the history of the Yankees. Did anyone just see his AB with two outs and two runners on? What a joke, make an attempt. And guys with ANY speed will steal bases.

You look at guys like Varitek and realize how important he is to the Sox success, Calls an excellent game and gets timely hit. When was the last time Posada ever got a timely hit? Has he ever? Don't give me the "well hes a switchitter" nonsense because it does not matter.

Seriously, I'd rather have Girardi activate himself at this point.

I can;t stand him. Hes turning into a crybaby too.

Flaherty is not the answer either, but at this point he's better defensively.

I'd like a young catcher who can play some defense and get on base. We don't need anymore sluggers.

As you know Barton me and you are pretty much the only ones who feel the hitting is just as bad as the pitching is. Get guys who can get on base and guys who can hit balls into the gaps.

If we get Johnny Damon during the offseason I'll do cartwheels.

I can;t stand him. Hes turning into a crybaby too.

Flaherty is not the answer either, but at this point he's better defensively.

I'd like a young catcher who can play some defense and get on base. We don't need anymore sluggers.

As you know Barton me and you are pretty much the only ones who feel the hitting is just as bad as the pitching is. Get guys who can get on base and guys who can hit balls into the gaps.

If we get Johnny Damon during the offseason I'll do cartwheels.

Ugh, F Johnny Damon! :lol:

You gotta draw the line somewhere, imo. Signing a guy who caused your team to lose without dignity in the ALCS should not be called when free agency begins.

I don't dislike Poopsada as much as you do, but I really question his pitch selection sometimes but sometimes its good to have a player on your team who looks like a sloth ya know?!? :lol:

I don't like Damons stupid act either, but the guy is a hell of a baseball player. He'd fill a huge hole here. We get a leadoff center fielder with speed who can actually hit with guys on base.

Jeter can be put back in the two spot, and the rest works from there.

I don't like Damons stupid act either, but the guy is a hell of a baseball player. He'd fill a huge hole here. We get a leadoff center fielder with speed who can actually hit with guys on base.

Jeter can be put back in the two spot, and the rest works from there.

No Damon. that is just repeating the same mistakes that created this mess. The future CF was just promoted to AAA last week. Next season he will be the starter in the Bronx. at some point you have to see what the prospects can do b/f overpaying for an overrated aging player.

Damon isnt overrated. Personally I think hes underrated. The Yankees improve drastically if they were able to land Damon.

The hole in center would be solved, has much better range than Bernie and we also get a legit leadofff hitter. Jeter could go back to hitting in the two spot and we're able to move Cano down in the lineup making us better. Because after our 5 hitter the lineup just dies.

The Yanks lineup is built around depending on guys to hit blasts all the time. The problem with that is that you're going to get inconsistent play, which is exactly what the Yankees are.

Throwing Damon into the mix you get a guy who knows how to get on base, steal a few bases and get some clutch hits.

Matt 39,

You hit the nail right on the head. Posada is by far the dumbest guy on the team. His best days are waaaay behind him. I think I was the only one in the off season that wanted the Yanks to sign Varitek. He was there for the taking. He would have been a great addition. And, he would we would have ripped the heart out of the sawx!

Matt 39,

You hit the nail right on the head. Posada is by far the dumbest guy on the team. His best days are waaaay behind him. I think I was the only one in the off season that wanted the Yanks to sign Varitek. He was there for the taking. He would have been a great addition. And, he would we would have ripped the heart out of the sawx!

As much as I hate Varitek's whole "Im a tough guy act" which is gay as hell....hes a great catcher.

Damon isnt overrated. Personally I think hes underrated. The Yankees improve drastically if they were able to land Damon.

The hole in center would be solved, has much better range than Bernie and we also get a legit leadofff hitter. Jeter could go back to hitting in the two spot and we're able to move Cano down in the lineup making us better. Because after our 5 hitter the lineup just dies.

damon would have been a nice pickup a couple of years ago - now he is what 32? the yankees can overpay to get damon and then what, what about giving the prospects a chance to see if they can do the job first - that seems to be working out with cano and wang.

the yankees need to lower the payroll and get greater financial flexibility. they have to stop taking on long-term big $ contracts of aging players (unit, giambi, brown, etc). they shouldn't sign anyone over 30 to a long-term deal, period.

Archived