Even though this is pretty much impossible...

Well I would you panzy's. =D>:lol:

As much as I like Wang, Prior over him anyday and Cano would have to be in the deal because of that. Pitching wins championships, give me Prior and move Womack back to 2nd.

Of course this would never happen, just trying to make conversation.

that is actually a pretty fair trade. my guess is that prior would love to get away from baker in chicago and find a team with a bullpen and closer.

i don't think i would do it if i was the yankees, too much risk in prior's arm and wang has arguably been just as good this season.

Pitching wins championships, give me Prior and move Womack back to 2nd.

womack can be a valuable part of the team down the stretch - as a pinch hitter to sacrifice bunt or maybe lead off an inning in a close game and as a pinch runner. absolutely nothing else.

If by "fair" you mean "a putting the Cubs on all fours and making them your b!tch" type of deal, then yes, you would be correct.

fair in the sense that prior cannot complete a season without multiple trips to the DL and there are huge ?'s around the long-term health of his arm. couple that with the fact that at some point he will be paid like a #1 and you have considerable risk.

cano and wang are both young, cheap, and have already shown an ability to excel on the toughest stage in baseball. the ? around cano and wang are there abilities to continue at the pace they started - with Prior any one of his pitches could be his last and then you are left with nothing.

had prior not spent a day on the DL this would be a terribly lopsided trade but as the yankees are finding out this year, just being available every fifth day is an accomplishment of its own.

fair in the sense that prior cannot complete a season without multiple trips to the DL and there are huge ?'s around the long-term health of his arm. couple that with the fact that at some point he will be paid like a #1 and you have considerable risk.

cano and wang are both young, cheap, and have already shown an ability to excel on the toughest stage in baseball. the ? around cano and wang are there abilities to continue at the pace they started - with Prior any one of his pitches could be his last and then you are left with nothing.

had prior not spent a day on the DL this would be a terribly lopsided trade but as the yankees are finding out this year, just being available every fifth day is an accomplishment of its own.

Your argument would have substance, except that Prior is still only what, 23?

Furthermore, when he DOES pitch, he is consistently one of the premiere pitchers in the league. Wang is remarkably inconsistent, much like the rest of his fellow Yankees.

I dunno if I would do that. Prior has arm troubles and we'd just be creating another hole by trading Cano.

Priors arm troubles me.

Well that's all fine and good, because the Cubs wouldn't trade Prior if the Yankees offered their entire sh*tty farm system along with Wang, Cano and anyone else you wanna throw in.

Well that's all fine and good, because the Cubs wouldn't trade Prior if the Yankees offered their entire sh*tty farm system along with Wang, Cano and anyone else you wanna throw in.

Keep dissing the Yankees farm system. And watch the Yankees continue to spit out great players.

Stop listening to those espn radio dooshe bags, they don't know anything about the Yankees farm system.

Archived