tackling?

bear

what happen to the art of tackling? nfl players suck at it. junior s last night didn`t wrap up mjd. toomers touchdown catch just a few seconds ago was the product of some horrible tackling. are they just looking for the big hit,or are they just lazy?

what happen to the art of tackling? nfl players suck at it. junior s last night didn`t wrap up mjd. toomers touchdown catch just a few seconds ago was the product of some horrible tackling. are they just looking for the big hit,or are they just lazy?

PS it started last night with the Wires, and the disease spread to the ponies

I guarantee jim brown, marcus allen, barry sanders, gale sayers etc. would have a lot to say about todays players being tougher to tackle. I remember hearing my coach chew me out my JR year of highschool in our states regional game for diong that; i knocked the ball loose outta the recievers arms by throwing my shoulder into him. Obviously during the game he was pumped, but during film he replayed it about 10 times saying if the reciever held onto it it was a guaranteed 6 because there was no safety help. When you throw your body into the ball carrier you basically take yourself out of the play and just hope they don't get past you.. i will bet anything players are doing it because they want to go for the big hit and jar the ball loose and refuse to place their helmet on the ball wrap up the player and drive the legs. Theres only a handful of players you see who break down, wrap up and drive the legs until they get them down or someone comes and helps.

If the guys today are harder to bring down, then the same case can be made for guys trying to bring them down. We now have linebackers who are 6'2 240 and run in the 4.5s and mario williams wiehging 300 lbs and running 4.7. I am going to place it all on teams not emphasizing tackling enough in practice and the advent of sportscenter.

Archived