if mcfadden falls to us.

NOExcusesNYJ

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it is now a def possibility that this will happen. the only team that may grab him would be the falcons, but I think they go QB. so what do we do? draft DMC and get a real playmaker, or look to trade?

thoughts

trade down, Jon Stewart is the better RB anyway.

If he is sitting there at number 6, you move down and get as many picks as possible. The kid is good. He is not as good as AP and we have enough money invested in TJ to pass on him. You move down, take a RT or a OLB/DE pass rusher and call it a good first round and have extra picks to play with later.

YOU DRAFT HIM... AND SECURE YOURSELF A SPECIAL PLAYER... YOU SLECT BEST PLAYER AVAILIABLE... AND HE WOULD BE THAT EXACT THING..

4-12 teams do not have the luxury of selecting the best player available. 4-12 teams have a lot of holes to fill and the only way to do that (or should be the way to go) is through scouting and selecting a number of players. McFadden will not solve our O-Line problems, or our front 7 problems. Not at all. You move down and you feel secure in doing it.

4-12 teams do not have the luxury of selecting the best player available. 4-12 teams have a lot of holes to fill and the only way to do that (or should be the way to go) is through scouting and selecting a number of players. McFadden will not solve our O-Line problems, or our front 7 problems. Not at all. You move down and you feel secure in doing it.

This is not a 4-12 team... really there not.. lot of close losses could have swung the other way..when your teams offense is anemic at best..you slect the best offensive weapon in this years draft and that DMC.. and theres no denying that...

You can try and sound smart all you want about trying to find value down the draft board..but just because u get extra lottery picks doesnt mean you will win the lottery..

This is not a 4-12 team... really there not.. lot of close losses could have swung the other way..when your teams offense is anemic at best..you slect the best offensive weapon in this years draft and that DMC.. and theres no denying that...

You can try and sound smart all you want about trying to find value down the draft board..but just because u get extra lottery picks doesnt mean you will win the lottery..

And if a frog had wings it would hit it's ass every time it hopped. You can paint it anyway you want, but with questions in the trenches (on both sides of the ball) and at signal caller, it doesn't matter who your running back is. Sure there were plenty of close losses, but they were losses because we are just not a very good football team and one gifted running back is not going to solve all of our problems.

It seems like a good draft to trade down and get some extra first day picks. The Jets would have the opportunity to upgrade at several positions; positions, incidentally, that the Jets currently are manning with sub-NFL level talent (Poteat; Clarke; Clement; Bowens are all starters as of this moment). I did a mock first round to see - more or less - what would be there for the Jets. It seems very good to me.

PS. You could merge these lively McFadden threads :)

You don't pass up a player with McFadden's talent. This isn't a one year process anyway. They can address the lines in FA and later in the draft.

And if a frog had wings it would hit it's ass every time it hopped. You can paint it anyway you want, but with questions in the trenches (on both sides of the ball) and at signal caller, it doesn't matter who your running back is. Sure there were plenty of close losses, but they were losses because we are just not a very good football team and one gifted running back is not going to solve all of our problems.

Hes not..but its certainly a start.. if the best player in the draft falls on your lap..you take him! no question about it... and im sure you will see how many jet fans booing at the draft... probaly none.. and the ones that do.. they wil be wearing his jersey soon enough..matter of fact let me make a bold predicition..

If we take mcfadden...he would be number 1 selling jersey on our team..maybe ever..

If you get a good offer for him (most like from Dallas, for a whole boatload of picks) then consider it. Otherwise do what is the smart move and take the BPA. McFadden is AMAZING value at #6. If he does in fact fall, the Jets would be extremely lucky that the five teams in front of them have the RB position solidified with big money or have pressing needs at more important positions like QB.

You don't pass up a player with McFadden's talent. This isn't a one year process anyway. They can address the lines in FA and later in the draft.

I'm surprised to see you write this. I thought you were all about building the lines. An extra pick or two is an extra lineman or two.

You do when you just gave a lot of money to Thomas Jones and you don't have an o-line to run behind in the first place. Sure they could address the lines in FA and later in the draft, but we have never really been a player in Free Agency and you just know that later in the draft is when our defensive front 7 would probably be addressed. I see McFadden going the Reggie Bush way instead of the Adrian Peterson way.

I'm surprised to see you write this. I thought you were all about building the lines. An extra pick or two is an extra lineman or two.

You can get linemen in FA and later in the draft. The Jets have ZERO big time gamebreaking players. Thats just as big of a need as fixing the lines.

You do when you just gave a lot of money to Thomas Jones and you don't have an o-line to run behind in the first place. Sure they could address the lines in FA and later in the draft, but we have never really been a player in Free Agency and you just know that later in the draft is when our defensive front 7 would probably be addressed. I see McFadden going the Reggie Bush way instead of the Adrian Peterson way.

Just because they made a mistake with jones doesn't mean they have to be locked into that losing brand of football. You need explosion players in the NFL and the Jets have none of those guys.

Just because they made a mistake with jones doesn't mean they have to be locked into that losing brand of football. You need explosion players in the NFL and the Jets have none of those guys.

Absoulutely right...players like this dont come out all the time... ya need to lock these players up when you get a chance..

It would be really hard for the Jets to pass on McFadden because thats the type of pick that gets a fanbase excited. He'll be a good-very good player, not a Tomlinson/Peterson type though (I dont think). :-k

He's the perfect Mangini type player because of how flexible he is and how many things he can do on the field.

It would be really hard for the Jets to pass on McFadden because thats the type of pick that gets a fanbase excited. He'll be a good-very good player, not a Tomlinson/Peterson type though (I dont think). :-k

Who knows what he can be. he can be a peterson... why not? Hes extremely quick... and hes 6-2... as for him carrying the ball in the wrong hand all the time or fumbling alot... that can be corrected...

Tike barber had the same issue if you remember... they corrected it..

He's the perfect Mangini type player because of how flexible he is and how many things he can do on the field.

But does his game translate to greatness in the NFL? He's better than Bush, but by how much?

We need explosive players, I agree with that. But is McFadden the answer?

not sure why all the fuss about DMC. Watching video tape of him makes him look fast, but not good. He doesn't break tackles, he's just faster than everybody, i guess nobody learns that the reggie bushes of the world are decent players, but not first round material.

Maybe if DMC could catch in traffic, or if he didn't go down like a 17 year old girl on prom night everytime a guy comes near him...

trade the pick.

We will see..if we draft him... what he wil be... he has the physical tools to be anything.. he can be the best back in the league after a few years... peterson vs mcfadden discussions and all.. but hes worth the shot to findout and not have the cowboys putting him in there ring of honor in a decade...

not sure why all the fuss about DMC. Watching video tape of him makes him look fast, but not good. He doesn't break tackles, he's just faster than everybody, i guess nobody learns that the reggie bushes of the world are decent players, but not first round material.

Maybe if DMC could catch in traffic, or if he didn't go down like a 17 year old girl on prom night everytime a guy comes near him...

trade the pick.

Hes not reggie bush...he runs north and south... he runs right through the line.. he doesnt try and get to the sideline all the time.. this guy is an athlete.. he even throws the ball really well.. just like thomlinson.. and he has good hands.. singling out a few clips is not fair to him..

btw when did you ever see our own leon washington burst up the middle??

Hes not reggie bush...he runs north and south... he runs right through the line.. he doesnt try and get to the sideline all the time.. this guy is an athlete.. he even throws the ball really well.. just like thomlinson.. and he has good hands.. singling out a few clips is not fair to him..

btw when did you ever see our own leon washington burst up the middle??

Please tell me you are not comparing a 4th round pick to a potential top 10 pick. Leon has a great skill set, but it is limited. His size is a detriment, but if he were in the draft this year, would any team consider him a top 10 pick? Hell no. Same with DMC, i wouldn't be surprised at all if he were the brady quinn of this draft.

Pass on DMC, i don't think our already ****ty team needs a cadilac williams, or cedric benson. We need picks, and lots of them.

You can get linemen in FA and later in the draft. The Jets have ZERO big time gamebreaking players. Thats just as big of a need as fixing the lines.

If the Jets make the trade then they can have Mendenhall AND one of those big receivers (Sweed or Hardy or the kids from Oklahoma) and still get a lineman in the second round. Its not what I would do but its likely that some of these guys will be there at #22 and #28. Me? I draft two front seven defenders and the best lineman at #36.

Its tough to pass on an excting talent like McFadden (and Gholston) but I would prefer an OLB to replace Hobson AND a defensive lineman to rotate with Ellis and Coleman. Then get a lineman (Cheriliuos, Nicks, whomever) and hopefully the Jets are on the way to not embarrassing themselves in all running situations.

Please tell me you are not comparing a 4th round pick to a potential top 10 pick. Leon has a great skill set, but it is limited. His size is a detriment, but if he were in the draft this year, would any team consider him a top 10 pick? Hell no. Same with DMC, i wouldn't be surprised at all if he were the brady quinn of this draft.

Pass on DMC, i don't think our already ****ty team needs a cadilac williams, or cedric benson. We need picks, and lots of them.

Why do u wanna compare him to all the busts?? thats retarded.. he can be the next walter payton..an AD and LT god knows he has all the tools..

If the Jets make the trade then they can have Mendenhall AND one of those big receivers (Sweed or Hardy or the kids from Oklahoma) and still get a lineman in the second round. Its not what I would do but its likely that some of these guys will be there at #22 and #28. Me? I draft two front seven defenders and the best lineman at #36.

Its tough to pass on an excting talent like McFadden (and Gholston) but I would prefer an OLB to replace Hobson AND a defensive lineman to rotate with Ellis and Coleman. Then get a lineman (Cheriliuos, Nicks, whomever) and hopefully the Jets are on the way to not embarrassing themselves in all running situations.

Ya know what Bro... If thats who I knew they would get...then I would do the trade too!!! and I love mcfadden...

He's the same player as Cedric Benson and Cadillac Williams, how so? I had no idea their styles were so similar, explain it to me, like a scout would. Also, who are you trading with, what picks are you getting and who are you taking with them? Tell me since you seem so sold on these hypothetical players and if you can name them (sure that they are available to you with the hypothetical windfall of picks that you are getting from a hypothetical team) I would like you to tell me about these players so that I can finally see the light.

And if you think that Darren MacFadden is lasting as long as Brady Quinn, you've obviously got some great inside info, not only inside the organizations themselves but inside their heads or you're just talking out of your ass. But you do sound brilliant and sure, I'll give you that, you get points for style.

first of all he uses the term skill set to sound smart, you say Leon has a great skill set but it's limited (then how is this SET so great if it's limited, what's so great about it? a set is a GROUP, if the group is limited, how is it great?) and Cadillac Williams only problem is that he gets hurt too much. I guess no running backs should ever be drafted early or any other players for that matter and that only when Peyton Manning comes along do you not trade down. everybody who has a top ten pick has a "****ty team why doesn't every team in the top ten just trade down every year, wouldn't that make the most sense?

He's the same player as Cedric Benson and Cadillac Williams, how so? I had no idea their styles were so similar, explain it to me, like a scout would. Also, who are you trading with, what picks are you getting and who are you taking with them? Tell me since you seem so sold on these hypothetical players and if you can name them (sure that they are available to you with the hypothetical windfall of picks that you are getting from a hypothetical team) I would like you to tell me about these players so that I can finally see the light.

And if you think that Darren MacFadden is lasting as long as Brady Quinn, you've obviously got some great inside info, not only inside the organizations themselves but inside their heads or you're just talking out of your ass. But you do sound brilliant and sure, I'll give you that, you get points for style.

first of all you use the term skill set to sound smart, you say Leon has a great skill set but it's limited (then how is this SET so great if it's limited, what's so great about it? a set is a GROUP, if the group is limited, how is it great?) and Cadillac Williams only problem is that he gets hurt too much. I guess no running backs should ever be drafted early or any other players for that matter and that only when Peyton Manning comes along do you not trade down. everybody who has a top ten pick has a "****ty team why doesn't every team in the top ten just trade down every year, wouldn't that make the most sense?

Make sense?

Make sense?

i like your blue font, sorry i coudln't read it though, too poorly written.

Do i have insider info? no. I watched DMC play, i saw the highlights, he looks like a fast guy with a good o-line. Mendenhall, and Stewart look better than him at the NFL level. Sorry that i have an opinion, but that sort of...umm, ya know, part of a message board.

Pass on DMC, he doesn't break tackles and the talented linebackers gain ground on him when mr all world speed is in the open field.

As for your short yardage complaint...you know why we ran gimics? clarke, clement, jones, brick, and moore.

i like your blue font, sorry i coudln't read it though, too poorly written.

Do i have insider info? no. I watched DMC play, i saw the highlights, he looks like a fast guy with a good o-line. Mendenhall, and Stewart look better than him at the NFL level. Sorry that i have an opinion, but that sort of...umm, ya know, part of a message board.

Pass on DMC, he doesn't break tackles and the talented linebackers gain ground on him when mr all world speed is in the open field.

As for your short yardage complaint...you know why we ran gimics? clarke, clement, jones, brick, and moore.

LOL..too poorly written? look again.. second.. mendenhall and stewart look better then him at the nfl level??? hows that? they havent reached the nfl yet...

LOL..too poorly written? look again.. second.. mendenhall and stewart look better then him at the nfl level??? hows that? they havent reached the nfl yet...

One is bigger, the other is quicker, and they both catch better. To me, that will make them better at the NFL level. I'm sorry you are getting so upset over this, i really am, but these are the opinions.

Now go upstairs and tell your mom you want your eggs over-easy, and on time. Maybe if you are good, she'll let you play with your star wars dolls.

Archived