if mcfadden falls to us.

NOExcusesNYJ

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
trading down is a gutless coward way out of making a tough decision

Parcells traded down in 1997 past Pace and Jones, all those extra picks turned out to be garbage

I respect your opinion re McFadden. And you make a savvy point about marketing the team and selling jerseys, etc. But in terms of building a team, I'd rather have the edge rusher (they sold plenty of Abraham jerseys) and more support across both lines.

Trading down in this instance would not be gutless because the fans would go ballistic if the FO passes on McFadden, and the decisions at #22 and #28 would be more difficult than at #6, especially if McFadden is as good a prospect as you say. It would take more guts to trade the pick than to keep it and take McFadden.

You are also exactly right in how he should be used. Not unlike Reggie Bush.

why do we want a guy like reggie bush? If we take an RB, i want him to be able to move the pile, we don't need two leon washingtons.

By grabbing two picks in the first, we'd be able to grab an edge rusher and a playmaking CB, both are much harder positions to find than a fumbling running back.

You don't pass up a player with McFadden's talent. This isn't a one year process anyway. They can address the lines in FA and later in the draft.

i don't doubt that he is a special player but what made him special also made Felix Jones special....the O-line that is why they were both good take a look at their line and watch how many go to the NFL. every highlight I saw of McFadden was him running through a hole that I could have run through

I respect your opinion re McFadden. And you make a savvy point about marketing the team and selling jerseys, etc. But in terms of building a team, I'd rather have the edge rusher (they sold plenty of Abraham jerseys) and more support across both lines.

Trading down in this instance would not be gutless because the fans would go ballistic if the FO passes on McFadden, and the decisions at #22 and #28 would be more difficult than at #6, especially if McFadden is as good a prospect as you say. It would take more guts to trade the pick than to keep it and take McFadden.

I really dont think the fanbase would go bonkers if they passed on Mcfadden. He's not being nearly as hyped as Bush was coming out of college. There were no "We want McFadden" signs at home games this year.

And I think a lot of people have seen what exactly Reggie Bush brings to the table. The Saints were actually a better team without him.

And I also think most fans realize that McFadden isnt nearly the prospect Peterson was.

I think we can still get a good back like in the 3rd like Jamal Charles from Texas

i don't doubt that he is a special player but what made him special also made Felix Jones special....the O-line that is why they were both good take a look at their line and watch how many go to the NFL. every highlight I saw of McFadden was him running through a hole that I could have run through

Again..how many of mcfaddens o-line are getting drafted in the first round??

I really dont think the fanbase would go bonkers if they passed on Mcfadden. He's not being nearly as hyped as Bush was coming out of college. There were no "We want McFadden" signs at home games this year.

And I think a lot of people have seen what exactly Reggie Bush brings to the table. The Saints were actually a better team without him.

And I also think most fans realize that McFadden isnt nearly the prospect Peterson was.

Ok mel kiper... thanks..

Reggie is not a superstar because he is a treat with both the run and passing. He is not a bust cleary if you look at the #s of his. I would still would of wanted Reggie on this team over Brick anyday.

I'm not as high as I was on DMC as before, I still think he's talented but after watching even more highlights of him you'll see that he really does struggle breaking tackles especially when taken low. I think he'll be the kind of back who will go for carries of 1-2 yards and then break a big one every so often. I doubt he'll be consistent enough to be a great NFL back.

I think he'll be the kind of back who will go for carries of 1-2 yards and then break a big one every so often.

barry sanders was like that

the DMC doubters are overthinking it

fellas it's real simple. players just don't dominate the SEC like DMC did - it happenss about once a decade. if by some miracle of jesus, allah, buddha or whoever DMC is on the board at 6, to pass on that player would be crazy. It would be Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp type of crazy.

barry sanders was like that

the DMC doubters are overthinking it

fellas it's real simple. players just don't dominate the SEC like DMC did - it happenss about once a decade. if by some miracle of jesus, allah, buddha or whoever DMC is on the board at 6, to pass on that player would be crazy. It would be Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp type of crazy.

Haha i wouldn't go that far. I would bet the farm that a gholston or ellis will contribute 10 times more than kyle brady ever did to our team, but I get what you're saying.

I'm not the best talent evaluator and most of us are not, that's why we are here and the real scouts are on the team, so if he is the BPA and is too good where you can't pass up on him than ok fine. But, i don't understand the logic behind the raiders passing on him and us taking him.

The raiders resign fargas (for basically a one year deal) and are all of a sudden going to pass up on this once in a decade player, but the Jets who signed Thomas Jones to a multiyear deal, as well as having leon on the team will jump at the chance to draft him??? When the two teams obviously have many more needs than RB, I just don't understand the fact that the raiders will pass on him and we'll take him. It seems as though it goes along the 'what have you done for me lately type of deal'; the raiders just recently signed a RB so because the Jets did it last year and not this week it must mean they don't beleive they're set at the RB spot. I just don't understand it i guess.

Taking DMac would be exciting, I aint gonna lie. We need a franchise face, badly.

I agree, that would fit your little wish of taking a risk. LOL

I'd say he'd be a fun player to watch on our team, I'm not so sure he'll be a stud in the leagues of LT or Adrian Peterson but he should be a pretty damn good player. I wouldn't be against us taking him but am certainly not as enthusiastic about him as I was before.

Face of the franchise? Top-selling Jets jersey?

Wow you guys really have your priorities in order.

The guy runs too upright from everything I've seen in clips & written about him, he doesn't break tackles, AND he has a major, major fumbling problem.

If he's really a once-in-a-decade talent, then there's no way Atlanta will pass on him. If he reaches us at #6, then by the time we pick, two of the 5 sh*ttiest teams in the league with a need at RB passed on him (when you include Oakland re-signing Fargas instead). Further, it would mean absolutely NO ONE wanted to trade up to get him either.

So if he's there at #6, that means plenty of teams saw he was available & passed on him.

The guy runs too upright from everything I've seen in clips & written about him, he doesn't break tackles, AND he has a major, major fumbling problem.

If he's really a once-in-a-decade talent, then there's no way Atlanta will pass on him. If he reaches us at #6, then by the time we pick, two of the 5 sh*ttiest teams in the league with a need at RB passed on him (when you include Oakland re-signing Fargas instead). Further, it would mean absolutely NO ONE wanted to trade up to get him either.

So if he's there at #6, that means plenty of teams saw he was available & passed on him.

i guess beggars can be choosers

But you still dont get it... Adrian peterson runs upright..they said he wil never lastin this league..he runs angry too upright and wil take too many hits..

Tiki barber used to fumble alot..they fixed that..thats what coaches are there for... and atlanta wil take him if matt ryan is off the board... They need a Qb much more then a RB

But you still dont get it... Adrian peterson runs upright..they said he wil never lastin this league..he runs angry too upright and wil take too many hits..

Tiki barber used to fumble alot..they fixed that..thats what coaches are there for... and atlanta wil take him if matt ryan is off the board... They need a Qb much more then a RB

You can argue that DMC might be a nice gadget player - but he wil NEVER EVER EVER be a good RB. You might aswell accept that fact right now.

You can argue that DMC might be a nice gadget player - but he wil NEVER EVER EVER be a good RB. You might aswell accept that fact right now.

He may be a great NFL RB and he may not, that remains to be seen. But we sorely need help in other areas first and foremost, and I think we should trade down.

Trade down and take who? let me know whats your plan?

I will let you know after the combine. I really like Rodger-Cromartie and think he would compliment Reveis great and for years to come. But it is still a little early to say who I like just yet. There are only players that I don't like in certain spots. If we adressed our other needs in free agency (ie: CB, OL Pass Rusher) then I would not mind picking DMC at 6 in order to use him as a gadget type of player. But he is a luxery at this point.

Archived