TRADE ? ? ? : COLES to JAX ? ? ?

kelly

As much as I like coles as a player, we were 4-12 with him. I think its best to trade him while he has some value, he might have zero after a couple of more hits. I think we should also give Brad Smith more of a chance Cotchery wasnt having a great career his first 2 years.

As much as I like coles as a player, we were 4-12 with him. I think its best to trade him while he has some value, he might have zero after a couple of more hits. I think we should also give Brad Smith more of a chance Cotchery wasnt having a great career his first 2 years.

Brad Smith sucks and every time he comes in the game the other D knows he's getting the ball. It's just too damn predictable!

Because a lot of posters here would rather go for the sexy names such as Darren McOneHitAndI'mDown. ;)

OLine should be addressed via Alan Faneca at Left Guard and a Right Tackle in Round 2.

Vernon Gholston, OLB, at #6.

Bullsh*t. We have WAY plenty of cap space & can afford to not leave Moore starting at RG. Faneca (unless it's true he drops to 275 lbs during the season) at LG, Flozell Adams at RT and Branden Albert in round 2 for RG.

I could live with this line:

D'Brick - Faneca - Mangold - Albert - Adams

No, Coles is a better WR than Williams so if anything Jacksonville would be sending a 6th and Williams for Coles.

Don't forget the money. Coles gets $5M for '08 and he is demanding more. Williams gets $605K for '08. Sure Coles had 17 more catches, but he also only had 17 more yards and four less TDs in '07. He's also 24. Not sure about Williams as our #1, but he's a heck of a red zone threat. I'm not sure where all this wr for a wr, lb for lb talk comes from, but it sounds like silly season.

I'm not opposed to trading Coles but a guy with a torn ACL who's missed most of the last 3 seasons is not the answer. I'd rather see the Jets sign Stallworth or Berrian or make a run at Roy Williams.

Stallworth was good with the Eagles. He needs a QB with a big arm though, so if Chad wins out in camp, he'd go to waste.

Don't forget the money. Coles gets $5M for '08 and he is demanding more. Williams gets $605K for '08. Sure Coles had 17 more catches, but he also only had 17 more yards and four less TDs in '07. He's also 24. Not sure about Williams as our #1, but he's a heck of a red zone threat. I'm not sure where all this wr for a wr, lb for lb talk comes from, but it sounds like silly season.

If we could get Williams for Coles we should do it. Williams is just comeing into his own now that he has a QB to throw him the ball.

fellas ,

this could work.

coles lives in jax during the off-season ( he had a " mansion " built right on the beach ).

so , we don't have to worry about him making any trade to jax " difficult " .

as long as the $'s are reasonable ; he'll sign a new contract with jax.

cheers ~ ~ ~

If we could get Williams for Coles we should do it. Williams is just comeing into his own now that he has a QB to throw him the ball.

I watched every Jags game this year and Williams is still too inconsistent and is not yet the complete package as a WR. I agree that he's developing and may well come into his own next year but even so I wouldn't value him on the same level as Coles. Not yet anyways.

Archived