Dorsey Stock Is Dropping Fast

Favorite_Toon

Good.

Ive said from the beginning of this offseason that Glenn Dorsey may be the biggest bust to come out of the draft if he goes top 10. Especially if he's drafted into a 3-4 scheme.

Really? I've seen him play a few times and he is always dominant. He was in the backfield and disruptive as heck all day long. The injuries are a concern but if he's healthy he seems to me to be a special player.

On the other hand I thought the same about Keith McCants back in the day.

Really? I've seen him play a few times and he is always dominant. He was in the backfield and disruptive as heck all day long. The injuries are a concern but if he's healthy he seems to me to be a special player.

In the National Championship Game he was something else. Just unreal.

In college, he powered his way through the line to get to the backfield with pure strength. Its not going to be so easy in the NFL. He's undersized (only about 6 ft tall), which is never a good thing for a DT, injury prone, and in the games I watched him ( pac 10 tourny and national championship), he looked slow and when he didnt get past the OL, he got knocked down or taken out of the play very easily.

Just watching him play in college, I think he's good but not anywhere near as good as a top 10-15 pick.

In college, he powered his way through the line to get to the backfield with pure strength. Its not going to be so easy in the NFL. He's undersized (only about 6 ft tall), which is never a good thing for a DT, injury prone, and in the games I watched him ( pac 10 tourny and national championship), he looked slow and when he didnt get past the OL, he got knocked down or taken out of the play very easily.

Just watching him play in college, I think he's good but not anywhere near as good as a top 10-15 pick.

Slow???

I remember watching him this season even when he was injured and saw him make up 5 yards on a running back and make a tackle on a screen play. He is not slow for an interior defensive lineman. I think he'll be a great NFL DT if he can stay healthy.

If G. Dorsey drops to the Jets because of concern about an old stress fracture don't you think they should snap him up? He could be a R. Seymour type of player. Yeah, I know Seymour's bigger and probably better but you know what I mean. I also see Sedrick Ellis in this role instead of NT like I've read from so many.

Don't take the combine as the know all end all of what a football player can do.

It is done in a controlled enviornement in front of maybe 50 scouts and coaches. Not 80,000 fans chanting your doom.

The combines are nothing more than a tool.

If you want to find out if a guy can play football go look at tape. The tape doesn't lie. That is where you find football players.

Archived