Mortensen on Faneca and Jenkins

NYjet10

My dad said it was on ESPN radio in the morning.

Loves Faneca, thinks he ends up with the Jets when all is said and done. Will and should get the big dough, thinks he is worthy of a Flozell type big-money deal, even though he is a guard. Said Pitt is letting him go because they just refuse to pay guards, not because of any slippage. Said all NFL folk he talks to and have reviewed film on Faneca say he has NOT lost a step, will be a big time performer for Jets, tough, atheletic, fast, great lockerroom guy and LOVES to play football. Will solidify line, a big upgrade. No downside whatsoever.

Not AS high on Jenkins, but still likes him alot. Thinks Rogers is a better player WHEN HE WANTS TO BE, but that isn't all the time. Said the fact that Rogers wouldn't put out for Marinelli REALLY ticked him off, because Marinelli is one of those guys people usually smash through walls for. Basically called Rogers a very talented DOG. Thinks Jenkins has slipped JUST a little bit, not the player he was 3 years ago, but still a big upgrade, and is almost as good as Rogers. Another big guy that is tough and LOVES to play football.

Said if Jets end up with both these guys, means they are getting SERIOUS.

i like that review. I haven't seen Jenkins enough to bitch or praise, i do know the panthers used to have one of the best D-lines in football when Peppers, Rucker, and Jenkins were on their A games. I'd like to see that type of line in new york, but we have no peppers type player.

With all the upgrades on both lines, i feel we are setting up to take gholston at number 6. You don't beef up a 34 d-line just to let the OLBers dick it over for everyone.

If we get Fanaca we will have filled the two biggest holes on the team with two pro bowlers in their primes. For 3rd and 5th round draft picks. Are you kidding me?

And Vilma for a conditional pick? Coming off a bad knee injury, heading into a contract year in a defense that he is worthless in. I like the guy personally, but ... anything for him at this point is a plus.

Where are the Tangini haters now?

If we get Fanaca we will have filled the two biggest holes on the team with two pro bowlers in their primes. For 3rd and 5th round draft picks. Are you kidding me?

And Vilma for a conditional pick? Coming off a bad knee injury, heading into a contract year in a defense that he is worthless in. I like the guy personally, but ... anything for him at this point is a plus.

Good post!

Vilma for a 4th round is a steal for the Saints sorry bro but Tanny lost my trust after that retarted deal. Vilma is going to make us eat that deal for lunch trust me. Im not saying he would of done something with this 3-4 but we know what he does on the 4-3 he and Haris are going to be the league leaders in Tackles BANK ON THAT!

Vilma for a 4th round is a steal for the Saints sorry bro but Tanny lost my trust after that retarted deal. Vilma is going to make us eat that deal for lunch trust me. Im not saying he would of done something with this 3-4 but we know what he does on the 4-3 he and Haris are going to be the league leaders in Tackles BANK ON THAT!

I love it when people misspell retarded.

And please, good grammar makes anything much easier to read.

I'm right here. Just because they appear to finally have some type of plan in mind (It only took the begining of the third offseason) doesn't mean that they can make a great meal with the groceries. If I am wrong I will be right here again taking my lumps. I am unhappy about the Vilma situation. I believe in getting more upfront.

Dude that's what we want ,For Vilma to play great this way our pick goes higher and then both teams are happy.I don't know about Vilma ,But I can tell you this Harris had 100 & something tackles this year and he came in half way threw the season.You know what that means for harris ......Pro-Bowl!!!!!

This came up with barton earlier, don't be as stupid as he was.

Might as well bring Herm back, after all he managed 3 playoffs in 5 years and also signed Ty Law. A criticism doesn't become invalid because it is FINALLY acted upon after the fact. Instead of trying to annoy others, why not instead try to be happy about the direction the team is going and try to trick people into thinking you're intelligent and like the team succeeding?

Archived