We need a QB!

Ghost

Bash me all you want, insult me, give me some red. I don't care, this is my honest opinion.

We need a QB that we can really count on in the 4th quarter with 50 seconds remaining. Clemens nor Pennington is our guy at the moment, we need to bring in a veteran that can compete. I like Clemens at times, but I just don't see him being a starter in this league. Our OL got much better and I think bringing in a good QB can really help this team.

What did you think of Aikman after 2 seasons. He still looked as bad or worse than Clemens did after only his first half season.

He's a HOF QB, those are very rare to have. Clemens doesn't look like one, he might have the arm but that's about it.

Bash me all you want, insult me, give me some red. I don't care, this is my honest opinion.

We need a QB that we can really count on in the 4th quarter with 50 seconds remaining. Clemens nor Pennington is our guy at the moment, we need to bring in a veteran that can compete. I like Clemens at times, but I just don't see him being a starter in this league. Our OL got much better and I think bringing in a good QB can really help this team.

Ghost buddy - they dont come close to growing on tree's. Out of the best 3 in the nfl today - one was a 6th round pick and the other was traded after getting splinters and almost never got a chance at home # 2. Unfortunately, the guy we bet the ranch on for 6 years finally proved - conclusively - he didnt have it what it takes.

To illustrate decent QB's are in such great demand - the powers to be are talking about letting our not the right stuff guy come back this year to prove it all over again. This is because the new heir to the position that we would like to bet the ranch on didn't come out and light it up every appearance. Don't know the numbers - but I'll bet it's less than 20% of the guys who are promising coming into the draft ever make it past back up roles in the show. In my mind, Clemens hasnt had near the opportunities necessary to show whether he can take the Jets to a SB. I'd also love to think all the Chad/Clemens competition talk is to increase Chads trade worth - but this management hasnt shown me they wouldnt do exactly that because they really like him.

Actually Clemens is pretty good in the 4th quarter with 50 seconds left, it's the 59 minutes before hand that is the problem.

Ghost buddy - they dont come close to growing on tree's. Out of the best 3 in the nfl today - one was a 6th round pick and the other was traded after getting splinters and almost never got a chance at home # 2. Unfortunately, the guy we bet the ranch on for 6 years finally proved - conclusively - he didnt have it what it takes.

To illustrate decent QB's are in such great demand - the powers to be are talking about letting our not the right stuff guy come back this year to prove it all over again. This is because the new heir to the position that we would like to bet the ranch on didn't come out and light it up every appearance. Don't know the numbers - but I'll bet it's less than 20% of the guys who are promising coming into the draft ever make it past back up roles in the show. In my mind, Clemens hasnt had near the opportunities necessary to show whether he can take the Jets to a SB. I'd also love to think all the Chad/Clemens competition talk is to increase Chads trade worth - but this management hasnt shown me they wouldnt do exactly that because they really like him.

This isn't a deep QB class. You do have a point tho, if Clemens doesn't get us to the playoffs in the 08' season I'll be disappointed.

I guess you can start thinking about drafting a QB after that.

Archived