If we draft Gholston do we have to.....

NYjet10

At this point the Jets only two options to me are to either take McFadden or Trade down. I don't want to see them move Pace to ILB. No way, no how. Not for that money. He needs to be rushing the passer, applying pressure and getting sacks. A lot of pressures and sacks. A lot.

At this point the Jets only two options to me are to either take McFadden or Trade down. I don't want to see them move Pace to ILB. No way, no how. Not for that money. He needs to be rushing the passer, applying pressure and getting sacks. A lot of pressures and sacks. A lot.

Never know. They might want an ILB the size of a lineman to stifle running games. He was never particularly fast in straightaway speed, even coming out of college (4.79 at the '03 combine). Damn risky with all that coin we threw at him, I'll give you that. But the upside to Harris being the "puny" one in our LB corps is sick.

You have us going back to the 4-3 already?

what i never said that.. lb should be pace,barton,harris,thomas

and on the line gholston, jenkins,ellis

Kassell could go in and keep harris and barton fresh and same wit coleman on the line

gholston could be linebacker and jets move pace inside but i dont like coleman that much

honestly im not gonna lie i realy dont kno how good pace will be i really never heard of him until i heard we were intersted in him and Derrick Harvey will be better then gholston

thomas is good at Linebacker not DE and gholston should be RE if we get him. But i really think we either tradign down or gettin a CB

Thats my bet, too. McKelvin and Cromartie really impressed at the combine (not unlike Revis and Hall last year). Even if they like Pace at ILB they can draft a pure speed guy in a later round (Avril of Purdue or someone like him).

what i never said that.. lb should be pace,barton,harris,thomas

and on the line gholston, jenkins,ellis

Kassell could go in and keep harris and barton fresh and same wit coleman on the line

gholston could be linebacker and jets move pace inside but i dont like coleman that much

honestly im not gonna lie i realy dont kno how good pace will be i really never heard of him until i heard we were intersted in him and Derrick Harvey will be better then gholston

Gholston's too small to play DE in the 3-4 unless he puts on 20-30 lbs, which would negate the purpose of drafting him in the first place.

guys wake up

if the Jets thought Gholston would be there at 6, it's not likely they go this hard after Pace.

he very easily could be drafted by STL or OAK

This is true. Gholston has been creeping up the mock draft charts since the combine.

Gholston's too small to play DE in the 3-4 unless he puts on 20-30 lbs, which would negate the purpose of drafting him in the first place.

like i said before i really dont want gholston but i wouldnt be pissed if they took him just i think we either should ttrade down bc if mcfadden is still on the board and another team really wants him like cowboys we can get alot for that 6th pick. or we can get a CB. but the best think to do is trade down bc then we wount have to go give big money to like we would at pick 6.

guys wake up

if the Jets thought Gholston would be there at 6, it's not likely they go this hard after Pace.

he very easily could be drafted by STL or OAK

I disagree. You could be right and he gets drafted by the Rams or Raiders but I when all is said and done I think this guy is going to be a in Jet uniform next year. Bryan Thomas is a scrub and yes they through a ton of money at Pace but he is nowhere near a sure thing plus he only had 6.5 sacks in one season.

Bowens, Pace, Harris, Gholston

Just sain.

i hate BT more than anyone on this team. Oh wait? we still have Victor Hobson? i hate each equally.

Hobson is a FA and to my knowledge,no one has shown any interest in him,including the Jets,who have shown interest in every single FA except him.

Archived