Rumor: Jamarcus Russell close to 300 lbs

Sperm Edwards

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4154

According to SI.com's Don Banks, there are "rumors" that JaMarcus Russell has ballooned to close to 300 pounds since last season ended.

:rl:

$10M/yr including $31.5M guaranteed for this guy.

Wow 300 lbs is insanely huge for a QB, even if hes 6'-6". How in the hell did he get that big in 2-3 months?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4154

According to SI.com's Don Banks, there are "rumors" that JaMarcus Russell has ballooned to close to 300 pounds since last season ended.

:rl:

$10M/yr including $31.5M guaranteed for this guy.

Wow 300 lbs is insanely huge for a QB, even if hes 6'-6". How in the hell did he get that big in 2-3 months?

Another high draft pick QB FU. Clemens bashers take notice. Drafting a QB high in the 1st round, even the #1 pick, guarantees nothing except a drain on the Cap.

That being said, if Matt Ryan falls to #6, I seriously consider him. Honestly, that may be the only player I take at 6 if I am teh Jets right now.

#1 he wont be there

#2 the Jets won't take him

#3 the Jets will make every attempt to trade down

Another high draft pick QB FU. Clemens bashers take notice. Drafting a QB high in the 1st round, even the #1 pick, guarantees nothing except a drain on the Cap.

That being said, if Matt Ryan falls to #6, I seriously consider him. Honestly, that may be the only player I take at 6 if I am teh Jets right now.

#1 he wont be there

#1 he wont be there

From what I saw in the couple of BC games I watched this year, I'd pass on Matt Ryan so fast it's not funny. I don't care what he does at combines/etc. QB, to me, is best measured ON THE FIELD. Matt Ryan threw into coverage way too much for my liking.

#1 he wont be there

From what I saw in the couple of BC games I watched this year, I'd pass on Matt Ryan so fast it's not funny. I don't care what he does at combines/etc. QB, to me, is best measured ON THE FIELD. Matt Ryan threw into coverage way too much for my liking.

#1 he wont be there

I'm suprprised at all the 'logical' posters that are down on KC. When i look at what he did for us last year, it only gives me confidence that he can do the job, and that we have a winner.

-No number one receiver (including two of the worst receivers in the NFL for most of the season)

-No running game

-Terrible offensive line

All points being considered, he beat Pitt, he almost came back and beat Balt, he never got a real chance against New England since Clarke found it necissary to see how well KC can take a hit.

I have all the confidence in the world that he can, and will, do a great job for us.

#1 he wont be there

I'm suprprised at all the 'logical' posters that are down on KC. When i look at what he did for us last year, it only gives me confidence that he can do the job, and that we have a winner.

-No number one receiver (including two of the worst receivers in the NFL for most of the season)

-No running game

-Terrible offensive line

All points being considered, he beat Pitt, he almost came back and beat Balt, he never got a real chance against New England since Clarke found it necissary to see how well KC can take a hit.

I have all the confidence in the world that he can, and will, do a great job for us.

-No running game

-Terrible offensive line

Well that makes 1 of us.

-No running game

-Terrible offensive line

Well that makes 1 of us.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27435

There's no guarantee of anyone in the draft at all, and there are few things in life you can absolutely guarantee. What you do in the draft, and what you should be doing in life, is to act in accordance with whatever bext maximizes your chance of success.

You need a franchise QB to win consistently in the NFL these days. Your best shot of getting that is with a top 12 pick, after that your chances of getting one become worse and worse. I personally think the top 12 picks are probably even better talent wise, because the teams are generally very bad. If you can actually build that team around the QB a lot of the times those top QB picks seem to become pretty darned good.

So going by percentages and situations, Russell probably doesn't have much of a shot (he is on the Raiders after all). But Clemens will probably fail because he does not have the talent or size. Hopefully we got lucky and he is basically the Favre we are looking for. But we're hoping to be lucky, rather than playing percentages.

There's no guarantee of anyone in the draft at all, and there are few things in life you can absolutely guarantee. What you do in the draft, and what you should be doing in life, is to act in accordance with whatever bext maximizes your chance of success.

You need a franchise QB to win consistently in the NFL these days. Your best shot of getting that is with a top 12 pick, after that your chances of getting one become worse and worse. I personally think the top 12 picks are probably even better talent wise, because the teams are generally very bad. If you can actually build that team around the QB a lot of the times those top QB picks seem to become pretty darned good.

So going by percentages and situations, Russell probably doesn't have much of a shot (he is on the Raiders after all). But Clemens will probably fail because he does not have the talent or size. Hopefully we got lucky and he is basically the Favre we are looking for. But we're hoping to be lucky, rather than playing percentages.

-No running game

-Terrible offensive line

The drafting of Matt Ryan does not all mean that I am down on Clemens.

But in today's NFL, you have to have 2 very good qurterbacks. Right now, I don't know if the Jets have one. And smart money would have the Jets releasing or trading Pennington, particularly if they had another qb on the roster.

Whatthe Jets have done this offseason is givemselves maneuverability in teh draft, and to follow their draft bord and drafting the best available. And if Ryan is sitting there at 6 (I put the odds at about 5%), I would take him.

This would be totally polar to their offseason of "win now", bhut I would just have to pull that trigger. The value would be too good.

This is just one opinion.

-No running game

-Terrible offensive line

But in today's NFL, you have to have 2 very good qurterbacks. Right now, I don't know if the Jets have one. And smart money would have the Jets releasing or trading Pennington, particularly if they had another qb on the roster.

Whatthe Jets have done this offseason is givemselves maneuverability in teh draft, and to follow their draft bord and drafting the best available. And if Ryan is sitting there at 6 (I put the odds at about 5%), I would take him.

This would be totally polar to their offseason of "win now", bhut I would just have to pull that trigger. The value would be too good.

Not the recent percentages. I'm not sure that we would be better off taken any of the last highly rated prospects.

-Eli, Rivers (then in the 20's Rothlesberger, but he fell out of the top 15, and is somehow the best of that class)

-Alex Smith (Rodgers fell out of the top 20, looked very good against Dallas, jury is still out)

-Young, Cutler, Leinart; all of which are getting dangerously close to being busts (then Kellen in the second, followed by Croyle)

-Russel; i just don't think they guy has it. He looks like a player that only wanted to get paid in the first place.

This is only recent history, but would you feel our franchise would be any farther along if you had a chance at any of these guys in this draft? I don't remember where the all time great QB's were drafted, i know Favre was a second, S. Young was a bust before San Fran, Montana?, Elway, Marino slid out of the top 20.

The only really great QB's i can think of that were number one, or top five, recently, were Palmer and P Manning.

Not the recent percentages. I'm not sure that we would be better off taken any of the last highly rated prospects.

-Eli, Rivers (then in the 20's Rothlesberger, but he fell out of the top 15, and is somehow the best of that class)

-Alex Smith (Rodgers fell out of the top 20, looked very good against Dallas, jury is still out)

-Young, Cutler, Leinart; all of which are getting dangerously close to being busts (then Kellen in the second, followed by Croyle)

-Russel; i just don't think they guy has it. He looks like a player that only wanted to get paid in the first place.

This is only recent history, but would you feel our franchise would be any farther along if you had a chance at any of these guys in this draft? I don't remember where the all time great QB's were drafted, i know Favre was a second, S. Young was a bust before San Fran, Montana?, Elway, Marino slid out of the top 20.

The only really great QB's i can think of that were number one, or top five, recently, were Palmer and P Manning.

Matt Ryan was a nobody until halfway through last yearm, wehre he still never really did much to impress. To spend a top 10 pick, or even a first rounder on him would be disastrous. Guys like Brohm, Flacco, and even Brennen are just as or nearly as good as Ryan and can be had much later.

Matt Ryan was a nobody until halfway through last yearm, wehre he still never really did much to impress. To spend a top 10 pick, or even a first rounder on him would be disastrous. Guys like Brohm, Flacco, and even Brennen are just as or nearly as good as Ryan and can be had much later.

-No running game

-Terrible offensive line

How did he do on Thanksgiving vs the Cowboys?

-No running game

-Terrible offensive line

I agree with him. He had NO help last year at all.

And he also threw a ton of bad balls.... made bad decisions, etc etc.

I'm not saying he can't be a good player, but I don't think we can blame EVERYTHING on the other players.

I agree with him. He had NO help last year at all.

I'm not saying he can't be a good player, but I don't think we can blame EVERYTHING on the other players.

The packers were down by 13, and Favre was doing his usual 3 and outs against a good team, then he got hurt. Rodgers came in and moved the chains, showed a lot of poise and brought them back within 3. Cowboys were driving 3rd and long, they lobbed it up to some bum TE (not witten) got a pass interference on the 5, punched it in for six.

Had Rodgers had one more chance, he would have brought them all the way back.

It's not that we are blaming everything on other players, you're right that KC missed some easy passes, i saw those too. Although it was disheartening, i'm thinking it is much more correctible than a different QB having zero poise, toughness, or a great arm.

Archived