Big East tourney-who do you like?

faba

I'll do one of these things:

Who Should win: Louisville. They are the deepest team with the leadership of Padgett and the coach in Rick Pitino who wants to make a statement before the NCAA Tournament.

Who Will Win: Notre Dame. Their Inside-Outside game can score on anyone and with anyone. They have an array of guys who can shoot from the outside, Tory Jackson can drive and dish with the best of them and that's not even mentioning the Big East player of the Year who dominates game in and game out.

Upset Watch: Syracuse/Nova over Georgetown. I think whomever wins the first round match-up will take out G'Town who I think is vastly overrated.

Sleeper Pick: UConn. Although not truly a sleeper pick per se, I think they have been ignored most of the season. I think they will make it to the BE Championship vs. Notre Dame. Also, Pittsburgh will be playing like a team possessed.

Tourney MVP: Kyle McAlarney. Last season he sat out for getting into the Ganja, now he'll be playing close to home and looking to prove something. I can really see him going off.

Who Should win: Louisville. They are the deepest team with the leadership of Padgett and the coach in Rick Pitino who wants to make a statement before the NCAA Tournament.

Who Will Win: Notre Dame. Their Inside-Outside game can score on anyone and with anyone. They have an array of guys who can shoot from the outside, Tory Jackson can drive and dish with the best of them and that's not even mentioning the Big East player of the Year who dominates game in and game out.

Upset Watch: Syracuse/Nova over Georgetown. I think whomever wins the first round match-up will take out G'Town who I think is vastly overrated.

Sleeper Pick: UConn. Although not truly a sleeper pick per se, I think they have been ignored most of the season. I think they will make it to the BE Championship vs. Notre Dame. Also, Pittsburgh will be playing like a team possessed.

Tourney MVP: Kyle McAlarney. Last season he sat out for getting into the Ganja, now he'll be playing close to home and looking to prove something. I can really see him going off.

Well, so much for any of this to be right. Every team you listed is toast, Louisville is done, 'Nova got creamed by Georgetown, UCONN is toast, and McAlarney isn't going to win the MVP.

Pittsburgh did play like a team possessed though, with a huge win.

From here on out, I think a West Virginia/Georgetown matchup should be a great one, but I think West Virginia is going to start to get tired, and G-Town played insane today. I'm gonna go with Georgetown/Pittsburgh in the Big East finals. The Marquette/Pitt game is a real tough call, but I'd go with Pitt.

I

It pains me to say this.

But Georgetown is good this year. I expect them to win the whole thing.

But thank you for your vote of confidence. Villanova isn't as bad a team as a lot of people think. Georgetown is a tough team to beat this year (and 'Nova certainly didn't have the size to match up -- Jay Wright needs to get us a Center). I think that Villanova deserves a shot at the NCAA Tournament, but I fear we are bound for the NIT.

Notre Dame.

I believe Georgetown has the best team and should be favored, But I'm taking ND with the longer odds to win it.

Someone posted betting odds that had G'Town at 4/1 and ND at 6/1. I just would've bet those two.

Good job going out on a limb w/ your predictions but that's 0 for 5.:)

Considering no one else said anything, I consider it a small victory. I'm usually pretty good with the NCAA Tournament, so I am confused as to what has happened thus far in the Big East Tourney. Honestly who would have thought UConn, Louisville, and Notre Dame the three hottest teams in the Big East in March would lose and Marquette, Pitt, and WVU, three of the most up and down teams would win out.

I still think Georgetown is overrated. :P

Considering no one else said anything, I consider it a small victory. I'm usually pretty good with the NCAA Tournament, so I am confused as to what has happened thus far in the Big East Tourney. Honestly who would have thought UConn, Louisville, and Notre Dame the three hottest teams in the Big East in March would lose and Marquette, Pitt, and WVU, three of the most up and down teams would win out.

I still think Georgetown is overrated. :P

The predictions didn't look bad to me, it's crazy that none of them survived long enough to play in the semi's.

wanna be in my bracket pool?

Archived