Todd McShays new mock...13 March

AFJF

I don't get how Gholston isn't good enough for the Jets because "sometimes he disappears in games" but he's good enough to go one pick later to the Pats.

It didn't take long for free agency to render my last mock draft useless. But now that the movement of big-name veteran players has settled down a bit, it's naturally time to mock it up again.

Several deserving prospects got the stiff-arm in Round 1 this time around because of all the changes in team needs based on free-agent departures and acquisitions. The seven players below carry similar or better grades than some who are included in this first-round projection.

If McFadden is available at #6 you hire Carl Lewis to sprint your card up to the Commissioner as fast as possible... Or you trade down... You can make a killing dealing down, but drafting some project and moving him to OLB.. pass..

If McFadden is available at #6 you hire Carl Lewis to sprint your card up to the Commissioner as fast as possible... Or you trade down... You can make a killing dealing down, but drafting some project and moving him to OLB.. pass..

I dont' think so. I think all the fans, and media are overhyping what McFadden's value really is. He might be a damn good running back, but seeing as he is the best RB in the draft, and is not even mentioned in the top five of any mock i've seen, i just don't think he's going to be picked, or traded for at the sixth position.

I just have a feeling he isn't going to be the LT that some expect him to be. I'll be the first to admitt i've been wrong in the past about running backs...as for guys i thought would do really well (recently), Addai, Jackson, Caddillac, DeAngelo Williams and ronnie brown....

guys i thought would not be worth the pick, or very good at all, Bush, Tomlinson, & Benson.

I was a toss up on weather peterson would be worth a top five but a good top 10 pick. Turns out he is worth way more than just a top five...so i call that a push.

Anyway, take it FWIW, i don't see McFadden worth a top 10 pick. JMO

I dont' think so. I think all the fans, and media are overhyping what McFadden's value really is. He might be a damn good running back, but seeing as he is the best RB in the draft, and is not even mentioned in the top five of any mock i've seen, i just don't think he's going to be picked, or traded for at the sixth position.

I just have a feeling he isn't going to be the LT that some expect him to be. I'll be the first to admitt i've been wrong in the past about running backs...as for guys i thought would do really well (recently), Addai, Jackson, Caddillac, DeAngelo Williams and ronnie brown....

guys i thought would not be worth the pick, or very good at all, Bush, Tomlinson, & Benson.

I was a toss up on weather peterson would be worth a top five but a good top 10 pick. Turns out he is worth way more than just a top five...so i call that a push.

I can't argue, but someone will think so and offer a lot to deal up....

Last thing I want is a defensive PROJECT.

LMAO... I kinda stopped reading when I saw the Falcons drafting Glenn Dorsey ahead of Sedrick Ellis and Jake Long (who they really need more then any DT).

As for Mcfadden, well, thats not going to happen so fast. His off field problems, combined with the fact that the effects of his blazing speed will be more limited in the NFL, means Tangini, of all FO's, is almost definately not about to bring him to one of the biggest cities and media markets in the world for some retarted, 6 year 30 million dollar deal with over 10 million guaranteed.

No chance.

Dude, in effect, everyone in this draft is a PROJECT.

There is always a big transition from NCAA to the NFL. Sometimes players adapt well and hit it off right in their rookie year, for others it takes a year or two for them to adapt enough to be worth their money, and for others that transition never goes all that smoothly.

I understand Gholston is not a natural LB, but given his workout times and measurements, combined with his ability to constantly get into the offensive backfield, makes it seem like he would be able to make that transition.

Project> Gholston played in a hybrid D at OhioState, standing up as an OLB quite a bit as well as as a traditional 4-3 D. If there's anything he is NOT, it's a project.

Project> Gholston played in a hybrid D at OhioState, standing up as an OLB quite a bit as well as as a traditional 4-3 D. If there's anything he is NOT, it's a project.

then why on some draft areas is he listed as such? I'll pass on the guy... This team needs offensive players. He has Bryan Thomas workout warrior written all over him. You don't have to agree, but that's how I see it.

For the billionth time!!! Mcfadden falls out because the other teams dont need him!!!! I dont understand what you dont get??? THey dont need him!!! and were waa your fcking adrian peterson picked last year??? HUH

For the billionth time!!! Mcfadden falls out because the other teams dont need him!!!! I dont understand what you dont get??? THey dont need him!!! and were waa your fcking adrian peterson picked last year??? HUH

I don't know what you are trying to say. Slow down, go upstairs and ask your mom to revise your typing.

I don't know what you are trying to say. Slow down, go upstairs and ask your mom to revise your typing.

I understand what he's saying

The Dolphins are in NO position to draft a RB, plus they have Ronnie Brown who is still going to be a strong rb once he's 100%.

The Rams already have a franchise RB in Jackson who is an animal on Sundays when healthy, and he played GREAT at the end of last season. The Rams have D-Line and O-Line problems, they are in NO position to draft RB

The Falcons are in NO position to draft a RB, One word... VICK. If the Falcons still have Schaub, I could see them drafting McFadden, as of right now, NO WAY.

McFadden may get drafted by the Raiders but at the same time, knowing Al Davis, no1 really knows

The Chiefs have Larry Johnson and NO O-Line for the man to run behind, NO WAY are they in position to draft a RB.

The Jets are in great position to draft McFadden witht he 6th pick. I would love Gholston but if he's off the board, I would love McFadden.

Look at Adrian Peterson last year, you know how many teams would have loved to draft him? The fact of the matter is this... They had other needs and had to look elsewhere.

The Dolphins are in NO position to draft a RB, plus they have Ronnie Brown who is still going to be a strong rb once he's 100%.

The Rams already have a franchise RB in Jackson who is an animal on Sundays when healthy, and he played GREAT at the end of last season. The Rams have D-Line and O-Line problems, they are in NO position to draft RB

The Falcons are in NO position to draft a RB, One word... VICK. If the Falcons still have Schaub, I could see them drafting McFadden, as of right now, NO WAY.

McFadden may get drafted by the Raiders but at the same time, knowing Al Davis, no1 really knows

The Chiefs have Larry Johnson and NO O-Line for the man to run behind, NO WAY are they in position to draft a RB.

The Jets are in great position to draft McFadden witht he 6th pick. I would love Gholston but if he's off the board, I would love McFadden.

Look at Adrian Peterson last year, you know how many teams would have loved to draft him? The fact of the matter is this... They had other needs and had to look elsewhere.

Falcons aren't taking an RB and it has nothing to do with VICK. They signed Turner for 12.5 upfront.

LMAO... I kinda stopped reading when I saw the Falcons drafting Glenn Dorsey ahead of Sedrick Ellis and Jake Long (who they really need more then any DT).

Dude haveyou seen the Falcons depth at DT??? It's really weak.

Not to mention if they do indeed draft Ellis/Dorsey the could have one of the strongest front 4's in the league, that's something their whole team could build around. Also don't think that Ellis is that much higher rated than Dorsey. I'd actually take Dorsey over him, especially when judging by their play on the field. Injuries are my only concern over him and the only reason I'd ever take Ellis over him.

So if every team has an excuse, how good good mcfadden really be? Seems like a media/fan ploy that he is so great if every team can find an excuse not to take him. The Jets will find the same excuse.

So if every team has an excuse, how good good mcfadden really be? Seems like a media/fan ploy that he is so great if every team can find an excuse not to take him. The Jets will find the same excuse.

lmao... I guess you only seen youtube highlights of McFadden and never watched over 5 games since his freshman year. I watched just about EVERY game, EVERY Saturday since the middle of his freshman year

You know how many GREAT runningbacks has ran in the SEC? ALOT.

McFadden is the Razorbacks ALL TIME Leading rusher in only 3 years of play

McFadden was the HEISMAN TROPHY runner up 2 our of 3 years

McFadden is the SEC's #2 ALL TIME Leading Rusher, that may not be impressive to you, but I been a fan of college football for years now, and thats simply AMZAZING.

Thats what the hype is about, not just some B.S "Media/Fan Ploy" If he's not so Great, then why are just about ALL THE Football experts calling McFadden the best athlete in this years draft?

He had so many games with over 150 yards, he had a game with over 300 yards, and he also had a game with over 200 yards and I believe 3 TD's vs the Nations best team in LSU.

You can hate on McFadden all you want Drago, but dont blame others for loving what the kid did on the field for the Razorbacks in the SEC, which is BY FAR the toughest defensive division in college football.

Dude haveyou seen the Falcons depth at DT??? It's really weak.

Not to mention if they do indeed draft Ellis/Dorsey the could have one of the strongest front 4's in the league, that's something their whole team could build around. Also don't think that Ellis is that much higher rated than Dorsey. I'd actually take Dorsey over him, especially when judging by their play on the field. Injuries are my only concern over him and the only reason I'd ever take Ellis over him.

They'd also have one of the weakest OL, combine that with the fact that they also have Redman and Harrington competing for a starting QB job and average at best WR's, what was the point in even signing Turner?

If Jake Long is still available with the 3rd pick, they'd be insane to pass on him for the injury prone Dorsey.

lmao... I guess you only seen youtube highlights of McFadden and never watched over 5 games since his freshman year. I watched just about EVERY game, EVERY Saturday since the middle of his freshman year

You know how many GREAT runningbacks has ran in the SEC? ALOT.

McFadden is the Razorbacks ALL TIME Leading rusher in only 3 years of play

McFadden was the HEISMAN TROPHY runner up 2 our of 3 years

McFadden is the SEC's #2 ALL TIME Leading Rusher, that may not be impressive to you, but I been a fan of college football for years now, and thats simply AMZAZING.

Thats what the hype is about, not just some B.S "Media/Fan Ploy" If he's not so Great, then why are just about ALL THE Football experts calling McFadden the best athlete in this years draft?

He had so many games with over 150 yards, he had a game with over 300 yards, and he also had a game with over 200 yards and I believe 3 TD's vs the Nations best team in LSU.

You can hate on McFadden all you want Drago, but dont blame others for loving what the kid did on the field for the Razorbacks in the SEC, which is BY FAR the toughest defensive division in college football.

Vinny Testeverde won the Hesiman once and so did Ken Dorsey, woopty friggin doo - means nothing about how they'll do in the NFL.

The point that everyone seems to be missing when regarding McFadden is that his athleticism is not going to be as effective is at the NFL level as it was in college, because you have to be an incredible athlete to make it to the NFL, nevermind to start in the NFL. Sure, he may still have some sort of compettitive advantage, but does anyone here really think that Tangini, of all FO's is going to take the risk of using the #6 pick on someone thats had various off field incidents, as well as fumble problems and lack of ideal strength on the field?

Sorry, there's no chance that Tangini would ever bring in that kind of a player to one of the biggest cities and media markets in the world, especially for the rediculous money they'd have to throw at him to get him signed.

Sorry DMC fans, but the chances of the Jets drafting Mcfadden are much lower then the Jets trading the pick to the 'Boys.

Let's hope so. I can easily see us trading down a little bit to pick up some extra choices in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. So many great RB's were NOT drafted in the 1st round.

Reggie Bush was said to be the best athlete a couple years ago. DMC may very well be the best athlete in the draft, but he still has twigs for legs that go dead on contact.

Nobody NEEDS him.

Parcells has never burned a high first round pick on a RB. And Miami isn't so friggin' set at RB. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are poster-boys for unreliability.

StL has Jackson, but he's not under contract past 2008. Don't know if they can fit Jackson AND a first round pick. If McFadden is all that, StL wouldn't hesitate to take the young guy with no mileage on him instead of giving Jackson a $60-70M extension.

Atlanta just signed Michael Turner when it looked like they'd be in a prime position to draft McFadden.

Oakland has a bunch of mediocre talents. Guess what? You can still run the ball very effectively with that if your OL is doing its job.

KC has screwed themselves in more ways than you can count. One of the biggest ways was giving a giant contract to a RB, talented as he is.

I'll eliminate KC b/c they signed LJ a year ago. But if McFadden falls to the Jets, it's because 4 of the 5 teams ahead of them have chosen to go in another direction instead of taking him.

Archived