How far down will Stewart drop?

CoachTsurfing

No way he drops past early 2nd round. He hasn't blown out a knee or broken a leg, it's a toe injury and shouldn't have too much of an impact in the long term. He far too talented to fall too far. Would absolutely love if we could get him in the 2nd. I think he's very similar to Marion Barber, great combination of strength and speed.

hopefully he drops to us in the early 2nd and if we haven't drafted McFadden, we should draft Stewart, toe injury or no toe injury. He will still be most likely ready for training camp so I don't understand what the big deal is

I honestly can't see him falling out of the 1st. Its a Willis McGahee type situation only with a much much less serious injury.

Yeah but he had his agent really save the day for him and the Bills are stupid. I hope it's just to the second and we can take him. 4 to 6 months though, he isn't going to be ready until half the season is over.

In 6 months the season starts, and he'll probably be on the field working, and running by the 4th month. He'll be playing by week 4.

Yeah but he had his agent really save the day for him and the Bills are stupid. I hope it's just to the second and we can take him. 4 to 6 months though, he isn't going to be ready until half the season is over.

How was drafting McGahee stupid from the Bills, he turned out to be a pretty good back, just with no O-line. He ran very well last year with the Ravens. Also, it was a much less serious injury. McGahee couldn't walk during the combine IIRC.

How was drafting McGahee stupid from the Bills, he turned out to be a pretty good back, just with no O-line. He ran very well last year with the Ravens. Also, it was a much less serious injury. McGahee couldn't walk during the combine IIRC.

Because they're only signing him to a 5-year contract.

They know he won't see the field in year one.

At the time, most RB's needed that first season to shake off the rust after that.

The earliest you could expect him to be like he was is in year 3.

Then he plays out years 3 & 4, and needs a new contract before year 5. Otherwise you let him go into free agency.

Not to mention, there's no guarantee he was ever going to be what he once was.

So they're looking at two above-average seasons (if he isn't a bust altogether) before dumping even more cash to him or trading him away. They of course opted for the latter.

Bad use of a first round pick.

They know he won't see the field in year one.

McGahee??? IIRC he did and played exceptionally well.

At the time, most RB's needed that first season to shake off the rust after that.

See above, he was fine.

The earliest you could expect him to be like he was is in year 3.

Again see above, he proved he could play from the word go. Didn't he leave because he fell out with the team???:confused0082:

McGahee was not the problem in Buffalo. He struggled a little in his last 2 season but that was mainly down to him being their entire offence. The O-line was far from great too. He was very solid for Baltimore despite again being their only offensive weapon.

I think the precedent was Michael Bush and he dropped to the 3rd round. I personally can't see him getting through the 2nd round as talented as he is, but I think the absolute worst case scenario for him is early 3rd round.

Didn't Bush have a broken leg??? Bit more serious than a toe injury, you not think???

Also I'm pretty sure Bush missed the combine, Stewarts performed greatly there and showed just how talented he actually is.

Didn't Bush have a broken leg??? Bit more serious than a toe injury, you not think???

Also I'm pretty sure Bush missed the combine, Stewarts performed greatly there and showed just how talented he actually is.

Did you read my post? I said I don't see Stewart falling past the 2nd because of how talented he is, and that the worst case scenario would be like Bush.

God, people love to be a smart ass and think they are so witty.

McGahee??? IIRC he did and played exceptionally well.

See above, he was fine.

Again see above, he proved he could play from the word go. Didn't he leave because he fell out with the team???:confused0082:

McGahee was not the problem in Buffalo. He struggled a little in his last 2 season but that was mainly down to him being their entire offence. The O-line was far from great too. He was very solid for Baltimore despite again being their only offensive weapon.

McGahee missed his entire rookie season.

Did you read my post? I said I don't see Stewart falling past the 2nd because of how talented he is, and that the worst case scenario would be like Bush.

God, people love to be a smart ass and think they are so witty.

Erm, what?? I wasn't really insulting your comment or even heavily disagreeing with you. I was just pointing out that the situation isn't really comparable to that of Michael Bush.

Calm down, I'm not trying to be witty. In fact I agree with most of your post.

i've never been a big fan of his, and really don't think he did very well with the bills. I didn't really know their line was bad though.

i've never been a big fan of his, and really don't think he did very well with the bills. I didn't really know their line was bad though.

I always thought he was a damn good back actually, he was just asked to do much for a team with very little help around him.

He had a very good year for Baltimore, again with little to no help.

He won't fall far at the lowest he will be a mid 2nd round pick. It's not a serious injury and he was actually responsible by getting the surgery now instead of waiting till after the draft and screwing the team over who drafted him by not going to Training Camp.

Archived