My players to watch for in later rounds

BroadwayJ667

here are mine starting in rounds 3 - 7

Will Franklin WR Missouri, runs a 4.37, is 6'1" 214, obviously has good speed, projected round 3, this is because of the style offense that Mizzou runs. Would be better than McCariens by default. If Jets have a run heavy offense then deep threat is a necessity.

Arman Shields WR Richmond also a 4.37 6'1" 194. projected round 4-5, stock dropped because of knee injury, holds many receiving records at ricmond

Paul Hubbard WR Wisconsin 4.49, 6'3" 221. projected round 3-4, vertical of 40 inches. Jets need a big body, especially if Coles is on his way out. Season was shortened because of knee injury

Frank Okam DT Oklahoma 6'5" 350 has good size but inconsistent. projected round 5. A late round pick so low risk. Depth will help at nose tackle. May play better for jets because he wont have to play constantly and can spell Jenkins.

Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbilt 6'2" 245, 4.63. All-SEC for past 2 years, projected round 3 - 4 because of "non fluid hip movement". Would be a perfect fit in Jets Defense next to Harris. *my favorite prospect*

Shawn Crable OLB Michigan 6'5" 245 4.61 projected round 3. I know the jets just signed Pace and have Thomas, but again depth is needed. Should be a solid run stopper on the edge and be able to handle pulling guards or rush around the edge occasionally.

Gary Guyton OLB Gerogia Tech 6'2" 245 4.47. projected round 5. was overshadowed by philip wheeler, but had great showing at combine. If the jets do not acquire Gholston, Guyton has the size and speed to step in as an edge rusher

who are some that you are watching

here are mine starting in rounds 3 - 7

Will Franklin WR Missouri, runs a 4.37, is 6'1" 214, obviously has good speed, projected round 3, this is because of the style offense that Mizzou runs. Would be better than McCariens by default. If Jets have a run heavy offense then deep threat is a necessity.

Arman Shields WR Richmond also a 4.37 6'1" 194. projected round 4-5, stock dropped because of knee injury, holds many receiving records at ricmond

Paul Hubbard WR Wisconsin 4.49, 6'3" 221. projected round 3-4, vertical of 40 inches. Jets need a big body, especially if Coles is on his way out. Season was shortened because of knee injury

Frank Okam DT Oklahoma 6'5" 350 has good size but inconsistent. projected round 5. A late round pick so low risk. Depth will help at nose tackle. May play better for jets because he wont have to play constantly and can spell Jenkins.

Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbilt 6'2" 245, 4.63. All-SEC for past 2 years, projected round 3 - 4 because of "non fluid hip movement". Would be a perfect fit in Jets Defense next to Harris. *my favorite prospect*

Shawn Crable OLB Michigan 6'5" 245 4.61 projected round 3. I know the jets just signed Pace and have Thomas, but again depth is needed. Should be a solid run stopper on the edge and be able to handle pulling guards or rush around the edge occasionally.

Gary Guyton OLB Gerogia Tech 6'2" 245 4.47. projected round 5. was overshadowed by philip wheeler, but had great showing at combine. If the jets do not acquire Gholston, Guyton has the size and speed to step in as an edge rusher

who are some that you are watching

Pretty sure Okam went to Texas, but I may be wrong.

In the mid-rounds (3-4)

I like:

Frank Okam - DT/NT

Mke McGlynn - OT

Kendall Langford -DL

Gosder Cherilus - OT

Devin Thomas - WR

Ray Rice - RB

Late Rds (5-7)

Kirk Barton - OT

Justin Harper - WR

Mike Hart - RB

Andrew Crummey - OG

Adam Kraus - OG

Gary Guyton - OLB

Darnell Terrell - CB

Pretty sure Okam went to Texas, but I may be wrong.

you're right, my bad

oh and for ends in a 3-4, this is a really horrible draft for them, all the guys seem to be undersized, even the first rounders. the only ones i can see big enough are Calias Campbell, and i suggest staying away from him and

Kendall Langford 6'6" 287, from hampton, projected 3-4 round. maybe a good fit, but just not sure.

you're right, my bad

oh and for ends in a 3-4, this is a really horrible draft for them, all the guys seem to be undersized, even the first rounders. the only ones i can see big enough are Calias Campbell, and i suggest staying away from him and

Kendall Langford 6'6" 287, from hampton, projected 3-4 round. maybe a good fit, but just not sure.

Does Langford only way 287, I thought I saw his weigh-in was something like 292, which was down from the 297 he weighed prior to his senior year in college. Could be wrong about that though.

I am having a senior moment here forgetting the name, but I am thinking of the OT from Rutgers. Good candidate to move to guard? I think Ray Rice is going to be good, or better, as he was in college.

Jeremy Zuttah. He had the second best performance for tackles right after Jake Long

you're right, my bad

Your user title has Max drooling. You shouldn't tease him like that.

I have always like Crable out of Michigan. i think he's be a great addition to our LB core and would be brilliant beside his former teamate Harris.

He proved at the combine that he's one hell of an athlete too, he's a real sleeper.

I like Crable alot too. He could play both inside and outside line backer as well as 43 DE. At Michigan he played both defensive end and linebacker so he has experience doing everything a 34 OLB does.

I like Crable alot too. He could play both inside and outside line backer as well as 43 DE. At Michigan he played both defensive end and linebacker so he has experience doing everything a 34 OLB does.

Yeah and because we look to be pretty weak there I'd seriously consider picking him up.

Archived