Who do you think the Mets will trade/get before July 31?

Latinlawyer

Can anyone see a trade coming for the mets? Who can we dump or who can we get?

Personally, I want Glavine, Ishii, and Matsui gone. I think they should let Piazza play out the year. Who will trade for glavine? The sox?

Who would trade for ishii? The jays?

Is Matsui tradeable???

Who can the mets get? Adam Dunn? Sean Casey?!?!?!!?

These are questions I have..

LL

I would like to see Glavine traded -left handing pitching is always in demand-look at Leiter with the Yankees

Matsui is untradeable at this point the last I read he is out probably another month

I am not going to bash Piazza because he has been a good player and met- he just can not get around on pitches any more sadly-I see him staying the course the end of the year

'

Pedro Martinez and Jose Reyes

This is why people get pissed at you EB..because you go and post stupid idiotic sh*tte like this. There is no way in hell either of those two gets traded. So go and read up on baseball..I know all you know how to say is " Jeter is my daddy"...

LL

This is why people get pissed at you EB..because you go and post stupid idiotic sh*tte like this. There is no way in hell either of those two gets traded. So go and read up on baseball..I know all you know how to say is " Jeter is my daddy"...

LL

I misread the thread title

I thought it said "Who do you think the Mets should trade/get before July 31?"

I would definetly consider trading Pedro for a few young great prospects and a decent player with upside to a contender who needs pitching. I know I'm not a fan of the Mets, and people dont like me talking about trading Pedro, but in 2 years, I think some people around here will have wished the Mets would have traded Pedro and rebuilt the team.

I know I'm not a fan of the Mets, and people dont like me talking about trading Pedro, but in 2 years, I think some people around here will have wished the Mets would have traded Pedro and rebuilt the team.

Trading Pedro means you cut the revenue per game by about a half. He's the only watchable pitcher on the team since Dwight Gooden, and until otherwise noted, he is a bonafide Cy Young candidate.

I think the Mets will hold on to him for now. :roll:

Trading Pedro means you cut the revenue per game by about a half. He's the only watchable pitcher on the team since Dwight Gooden, and until otherwise noted, he is a bonafide Cy Young candidate.

I think the Mets will hold on to him for now. :roll:

I see what your saying 80

But dont you want to see a good team out there other than just some good attendance every 5 days? LOL

Why do you give a crap about the attendance, seriously? I know what your saying, the owners wont trade Pedro because he's good for business, but lets be real, the mets wont be doing shiat unless they start unloading some vets and rebuild on the run.

In 2 years, with guys like Wright, Floyd, Beltran, Reyes.

IMO shipping off Kazmir was just the dumbest trade in baseball I can remember in a long time. He's a future ace. Zambrano is a middle of the pack pitcher, who you can do better in free agency.

IMO, 80, it sounds like you'd rather have the Mets be a team with a great pitcher and not make the playoffs than rebuild and in 2 years come back stronger, younger and better and go after a WS title, JMO.

I see what your saying 80

But dont you want to see a good team out there other than just some good attendance every 5 days? LOL

Why do you give a crap about the attendance, seriously? I know what your saying, the owners wont trade Pedro because he's good for business, but lets be real, the mets wont be doing shiat unless they start unloading some vets and rebuild on the run.

In 2 years, with guys like Wright, Floyd, Beltran, Reyes.

IMO shipping off Kazmir was just the dumbest trade in baseball I can remember in a long time. He's a future ace. Zambrano is a middle of the pack pitcher, who you can do better in free agency.

IMO, 80, it sounds like you'd rather have the Mets be a team with a great pitcher and not make the playoffs than rebuild and in 2 years come back stronger, younger and better and go after a WS title, JMO.

Pedro Martinez makes Mets games watchable. And after all, isn't the game all about entertainment? The Mets aren't going to win right now, with or without Pedro. So at least give me a reason to WATCH THE GAMES.

Minaya will NEVER trade his golden boy, so what's the point of discussing it anyways?

Good point, 80.

Lets be real here folks, the Mets arent gonna win with Pedro.

Might as well trade him to a contender for some big time prospects and a decent MLB player with upside, so this team can actually be good in a few years. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet, to ride the bigger waves man. :lol:

OK, we'll give you Bubba Crosby, Sean Henn and Alex Graman. :lol:

Good point, 80.

Might as well trade him to a contender for some big time prospects and a decent MLB player with upside, so this team can actually be good in a few years. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet, to ride the bigger waves man. :lol:

OK, we'll give you Bubba Crosby, Sean Henn and Alex Graman. :lol:

Minaya will chew off his middle testicle before that happens.

The Mets ARE already in the rebuild process.

That doesn't mean you trade the best starting pitcher in NY.

We are not 5 years away and should be a legite contender for Pedros entire contract.

Lets not forget the Yanks need to rebuild as many of you screamed for just three weeks ago.

The staff alone needs a complete overhaul with the possible exception of Wang and he is a huge unknown right now due to the injury.

The outfield can no longer cover any ground and the catching position leads the ML in steals allowed.

The Yanks have rode Sheff and ARod with some help from Matsui but lets be honest, there is a major overhaul required next year. Making the post season this year will take some doing.

Cashman knows it, lets see if George allows it.

The problem with the base stealers is, they are stealing the bases off our pitchers more often than our catcher.

Johnson, Moose, Leiter. All 3 of these men are proven studs in the postseason, so I'm not totally overboard about rebuilding, but it sure as hell would be nice to get Carl Crawford in centerfield. :wink:

Might as well trade him to a contender for some big time prospects and a decent MLB player with upside, so this team can actually be good in a few years. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet, to ride the bigger waves man.

You just don't get it EB. It's these kind of statements that make people root for the Red Sox over the Yankees. The Mets are not far behind the Yanks despite spending significantly less and having a far younger team.

For gods sake, you act like the Yanks are tearing it up. They are 3 1/2 games ahead of the Mets pace and lost the season series to the Mets. This performance is even with a slew of gimmee games vs. the Rays.

Why in the world wouldn't the Mets work on upgrading the bullpen and 1B to make a legitamite run at the NL East or wild card. They've held their own in the toughest division in baseball. Any other divisions out there have EVERY team over .500?

Back to the question, I'd love to see them make a run at Dunn and upgrade the pen. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of chips left to be dealt. I'd gladly move Cameron, while he's got value, for an upgrade in either area.

Glavine may have minor value, if packaged with someone. Matsui and Ishii are worthless at this point.

The time to unload is now. You can get value for Glavine and Cameron is overdue for about 100 strikeouts. Gimme some prospects.

I'm on this boat. I'd like to see them get ready for 06. It's a lost cause trying to chase the NL Wild Card. Get rid of some fat vets and get some youth and speed in here. Go get Carl Crawford and Mike Sweeney.

Mets may acquire Helton

AP- Omar Minaya has quietly phoned his counterpart in Colorado to see if Todd Helton was available. "We always keep the line to Colorado open." Minaya said smiling after yesterday's 7-3 win. Helton is on record as saying that he would consider a move only if he goes to a team on the rise or a contender. Adding Helton to the Mets lineup would be a huge upgrade and would stamp the Mets as true dark horse contender in the crowded NL East race. © 2005 Associated Press

Mets + Helton = Wild Card

LL

Not being a hater here

But Helton is having a subpar year this season. Take him out of Coors Field and bring him to Shea Stadium certainly seems like a not so good fit.

His OPS (.881) begs to differ.

While I agree that going from Coors to Shea Stadium probably won't result in anything but a decline in production, it really doesn't matter. He's still the best hitter available on the market, so really it all depends on what Colorado is asking for. We need a first baseman in the worst way.

Mets may acquire Helton

AP- Omar Minaya has quietly phoned his counterpart in Colorado to see if Todd Helton was available. "We always keep the line to Colorado open." Minaya said smiling after yesterday's 7-3 win. Helton is on record as saying that he would consider a move only if he goes to a team on the rise or a contender. Adding Helton to the Mets lineup would be a huge upgrade and would stamp the Mets as true dark horse contender in the crowded NL East race. © 2005 Associated Press

Mets + Helton = Wild Card

LL

Helton is great (in Colorado). I worry about former Rockies coming to lower altitudes. Granted, he's a huge upgrade over what the Mets have now, and if all it took was a lot of cash and low-level prospects (i.e. not gutting the farm) then hell, go for it.

Archived