Griffey reportedly wouldn't rule out trade

TaborJet

Griffey can still hit the ball, no question.

He's alwasy been a much faster Bernie Williams with a better arm.

I dunno how much the Red would want for Griffey, but if the Yankees pay for most his contract I'd think the Reds would let him go without raping us.

But lets be real here. Who could we offer for Griffey? Melky Cabrera?? I wont trade Wang, Cano, Hughes or Duncan.

Griffey's numbers have certainly slipped, and he is injury-prone, but MY GOD...Yankee stadium sure does have a short porch in right field!

I agree, I don't want to part with anyone, HOWEVER..how about this heart of the order:

Sheff

Arod

Matsui

Sierra

Giambi

Griffey

That's a lot of power right there.

Griffey's numbers have certainly slipped, and he is injury-prone, but MY GOD...Yankee stadium sure does have a short porch in right field!

I agree, I don't want to part with anyone, HOWEVER..how about this heart of the order:

Sheff

Arod

Matsui

Sierra

Giambi

Griffey

GOTTA BE THE SCARIEST LINEUP MLB HAS SEEN IN OVER 50 YEARS.

I'd make a trade for Griffey, but I'm definetly not giving up 1 of our great prospects for a 35 year old CFer, who has 2 years left to play in center, IMO.

Jeter, Cano, Arod, Sheffield, Giambi, Griffey, Matsui

Murderers Row. Theres 4 locks for the HOF right in there with Griff, Sheff, Arod and Jeter. And if Giambi can go back to his 2002 form and do it for 5 more seasons, thats 5 HOFers and a 2nd baseman in the mold of Rod Carew (or so they say) AND Matsui.

Sheff

Arod

Matsui

Sierra

Giambi

Griffey

Look at the season Griff is having....He would never hit behind Sierra-Giambi.

Jeter, Cano, Arod, Sheffield, Giambi, Griffey, Matsui

Murderers Row. Theres 4 locks for the HOF right in there with Griff, Sheff, Arod and Jeter. And if Giambi can go back to his 2002 form and do it for 5 more seasons, thats 5 HOFers and a 2nd baseman in the mold of Rod Carew (or so they say) AND Matsui.

Sheffield is a HOFer? I don't think so...how many HR's does he have? And do you know what the media..the HOF voting media thinks of him? Just because he wears pinstripes doesn't make him an automatic HOF candidate.

Giambi going 5 years w/o the juice to produce Juicey numbers...man, put down the crack pipe and walk away slowly.

Matsui will never be a HOFer...maybe in Japan.

LL

Sheffield is a HOFer? I don't think so...how many HR's does he have? And do you know what the media..the HOF voting media thinks of him? Just because he wears pinstripes doesn't make him an automatic HOF candidate.

Giambi going 5 years w/o the juice to produce Juicey numbers...man, put down the crack pipe and walk away slowly.

Matsui will never be a HOFer...maybe in Japan.

LL

Sheffield career: .298/.401/.530, 435 HR and 1428 RBI

borderline HOFer in my opinion

what he does have going for him is making the all-star team for 5 different teams

LL, never said Matsui will be a HOFer. He simply wont have the numbers piled up by the end of his career to deserve consideration.

Go look at Sheffields numbers.

He's gonna end up with well over 500 home runs and a career BA right around .300

Sheffield is a LOCK once he gets 500 home runs, especially if he wins a title with the Yankees.

You add Junior to this lineup and you will see grown men crying out on that pitchers mound :cry:

Opposing pitchers, set to face the Yankees, would feel like they're going to the Guillotine :shock:

SS Derek Jeter

LF Hideki Matsui

RF Gary Sheffield

3B Alex Rodriguez

CF Ken Griffey Jr

1B Jason Giambi

DH Sierra/Bernie

C Jorge Poasda

2B Robby Cano

:shock::shock:

You add Junior to this lineup and you will see grown men crying out on that pitchers mound :cry:

Opposing pitchers, set to face the Yankees, would feel like they're going to the Guillotine :shock:

SS Derek Jeter

LF Hideki Matsui

RF Gary Sheffield

3B Alex Rodriguez

CF Ken Griffey Jr

1B Jason Giambi

DH Sierra/Bernie

C Jorge Poasda

2B Robby Cano

:shock::shock:

Yeah, Griffey and that held-together-by-glue body of his sure would make this team 100 % more scary.

Just because he MAY be able to outplay Bernie Williams doesn't mean he is anything more than mediocre at his old age.

Yeah, Griffey and that held-together-by-glue body of his sure would make this team 100 % more scary.

Just because he MAY be able to outplay Bernie Williams doesn't mean he is anything more than mediocre at his old age.

Bro are you crazy ... he's Junior Griffey ... when healthy {as he currently is}, he is still one of the most feared hitters in baseball

No, he is no longer the most feared hitter in baseball ... there was a time when he was this generations most feared hitter, looking like a mortal lock to pass Hank Aaron's HR Record, till a series of injuries struck him down ... but when healthy he still strikes fear in the hearts of opposing pitchers, and don't you think otherwise for one minute ... if you do think otherwise, you are badly mistaken

You add Junior to this lineup ... a healthy Ken Griffey Jr ... and you're talkin about one of the most feared lineups in the history of MLB

And while he's no longer Willie Mays in CF ... as he once was, when he was easily the best CF in baseball ... he is still a VERY GOOD CF

Archived