Copy Cat Syndrome is bugging me

Garb

....as we all know, the Patriots were the first to be introduced as a team during a meaningful game. A very pignant moment in sports - as far as I am concerned. Now everyone does it. I hate that. Come up with your own darn entrance!

Yesterday at Fenway, during the Seventh inning stretch- Steven Tyler belted out "God Bless America" - cool, right? Not really. This is what the Yankees do at Yankee Stadium. A tradition that started right after 9-11. It's a uniquely NY thing. Boston ought to just stick to that "Take me out to the ball game" song and call it day.

...And pls, for the love of Gawd, do not make a tape of Neil Diamond Singing "Sweet Caroline" an eight inning tradition. Little kids growing up with THAT? Do you all know what the song is about? It's an ode to Caroline Kennedy. She was his muse. Kind of creepy when you think of it. She was what? 11 when he wrote the song? Gross!!!!

....as we all know, the Patriots were the first to be introduced as a team during a meaningful game. A very pignant moment in sports - as far as I am concerned. Now everyone does it. I hate that. Come up with your own darn entrance!

Yesterday at Fenway, during the Seventh inning stretch- Steven Tyler belted out "God Bless America" - cool, right? Not really. This is what the Yankees do at Yankee Stadium. A tradition that started right after 9-11. It's a uniquely NY thing. Just stick to that "Take me out to the ball game" song and call it day.

I can certainly understand where your coming from here but for the most part every good idea is going to get duplicated.

You just have to keep enjoying the idea of being the first.

Yesterday at Fenway, during the Seventh inning stretch- Steven Tyler belted out "God Bless America" - cool, right? Not really. This is what the Yankees do at Yankee Stadium. A tradition that started right after 9-11. It's a uniquely NY thing. Boston ought to just stick to that "Take me out to the ball game" song and call it day.

...And pls, for the love of Gawd, do not make a tape of Neil Diamond Singing "Sweet Caroline" an eight inning tradition. Little kids growing up with THAT? Do you all know what the song is about? It's an ode to Caroline Kennedy. She was his muse. Kind of creepy when you think of it. She was what? 11 when he wrote the song? Gross!!!!

I'd rather hear Steven Tyler than that awful Kate Smith recording the Yankees use.

You didn't seem to mind when the Sox copied the whole "Let's win a championship" thing that the Yankees pretty much invented.

Relax Garb, it was opening day. Going forward the Sox won't have someone singing God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch or have a video of Neil Diamond in the 8th.

BTW: I enjoy singing along to Sweet Caroline on the occasions I go to Fenway. It's a fun song for goodness sake!

I used to think Sweet Caroline was a fun song too - then I found out it was about Caroline Kennedy at age 11 or 12. Then it became creepy.

Where it began

I cant begin to knowin

But then I know its growin strong

Was in the spring

And spring became the summer

Who'd have believed you'd come along

Hands, touchin hands

Reachin out

Touchin me

Touchin you.....

Creepy, right?

LOL!

look whos talkin the sox have alot of money too.. dont forget that

The Red Sox have never had the highest payroll in baseball. They had the highest payroll for a World Series Champion.

Why do you think the Red Sox spend so much? Do you think having the Yankees in the Division may have something to do with that?

BTW: The Red Sox have the 4th highest payroll in baseball this year.

I used to think Sweet Caroline was a fun song too - then I found out it was about Caroline Kennedy at age 11 or 12. Then it became creepy.

Where it began

I cant begin to knowin

But then I know its growin strong

Was in the spring

And spring became the summer

Who'd have believed you'd come along

Hands, touchin hands

Reachin out

Touchin me

Touchin you.....

Creepy, right?

LOL!

not to the people who live about an hour away from you at the intersection of rt 12 and the northern end of rt 140. To them its a way of life.

Archived