Happy anniversary Manny!

Blackout

That play is what I like to call "Classic Manny." I literally laugh out loud whenever I see that play. Another "Classic Manny" was a play in the most recent Yankees-Sox series in which he slid for a ball hit by Cano that landed about 5 feet away from him. Those of you saw it I'm sure know how funny it was.

Doesn't Manny lead MLB in outfield assists?

Not sure how but I think he does.

You are absolutely correct, GS, Manny...oops...I mean Man-Ram leads the league in outfield assists with 12.

He is much more than a one dimensional player, an idiot savant of hitting I've heard him called. He does play shallow in LF and all due to the Monster, but he has a tremendously quick release once he lumbers over and gets to the ball and a pretty damn accurate arm. Best fielder? No. But I dare say he is in the top 50 percentile of Major League OFers.

The main reason for his bad fielder rep is that when he makes an error it is usually completely laughably retarded-looking...and thus magnified sevenfold. But the rep he has (according to some) is undeserved.

I question the baseball intellect of anyone who calls Manny a "good hitter, and that's all."

You are absolutely correct, GS, Manny...oops...I mean Man-Ram leads the league in outfield assists with 12.

He is much more than a one dimensional player, an idiot savant of hitting I've heard him called. He does play shallow in LF and all due to the Monster, but he has a tremendously quick release once he lumbers over and gets to the ball and a pretty damn accurate arm. Best fielder? No. But I dare say he is in the top 50 percentile of Major League OFers.

The main reason for his bad fielder rep is that when he makes an error it is usually completely laughably retarded-looking...and thus magnified sevenfold. But the rep he has (according to some) is undeserved.

I question the baseball intellect of anyone who calls Manny a "good hitter, and that's all."

You do? I would question you but we both know the answer to the questions.

You are a sox homer and a Yankee hater...You would be the last person id ask an opinion on either subject.

So I make several valid points...and you resort to personal attacks. Shocking! Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor. Wow, smizzy brings NOTHING to the table!!! (again)

Bottom line about Manny:

The good far outweighs the bad. He has a tendency to give the opposition a false sense of security...thats why they run on him and consequently why he leads the league in assists.

He also kills pitchers that way. Ive seen him swing at garbage pitches way out of the zone just to build up the confidence of the over-matched pitcher just so later in the at-bat, or even later in the game, Manny can sit on a back door curveball and launch it into the stratosphere!

He is without a doubt the best RH hitter I've ever seen. Pujols is good too, but Manny = the sh*t!

So I make several valid points...and you resort to personal attacks. Shocking! Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor. Wow, smizzy brings NOTHING to the table!!! (again)

Bottom line about Manny:

The good far outweighs the bad. He has a tendency to give the opposition a false sense of security...thats why they run on him and consequently why he leads the league in assists.

He also kills pitchers that way. Ive seen him swing at garbage pitches way out of the zone just to build up the confidence of the over-matched pitcher just so later in the at-bat, or even later in the game, Manny can sit on a back door curveball and launch it into the stratosphere!

He is without a doubt the best RH hitter I've ever seen. Pujols is good too, but Manny = the sh*t!

Pujols is a better hitter than Manny. Don't kid yourself.

Not to mention that Manny is a bad fielder. He still had bad range, and he makes way too many mental mistakes. He is a little better than he is given credit for, but since he's given no credit, that isn't saying much.

Let me see Pooh-holes keep it up for a decade...then we can accurately compare he and Manny. Dont kid YOURSELF.

'Til then, this discussion is just you hating on Manny because of his uniform. If he were in pinstripes, he'd be the best thing since sliced bread. Youre so transparent. It wont make you less of a Yankee fan if u give Manny his due props.

Let me see Pooh-holes keep it up for a decade...then we can accurately compare he and Manny. Dont kid YOURSELF.

'Til then, this discussion is just you hating on Manny because of his uniform. If he were in pinstripes, he'd be the best thing since sliced bread. Youre so transparent. It wont make you less of a Yankee fan if u give Manny his due props.

LOL....If Manny Wasn't in a redsox jersey he would be ALbert Belle....Just a flash in the pan Good hitter.

Manny Rameriz is a DH ,he can't do sh*t but hit.

Anybody else who says different is a sox homer or just clueless about baseball in general.

smizzy, as thankful as I am for your contribution, we're kinda discussing Manny's stature AS A HITTER here. I, like most other baseball experts, think he is the best RH hitter in baseball, and some other schlub Yankee $kankee thinks its Albert Pooh-holes.

But if you really want to go down the "Manny sucks in the field" road...please see the above thread, for that argument has already been addressed and proven faulty. K? Thanks.

smizzy, as thankful as I am for your contribution, we're kinda discussing Manny's stature AS A HITTER here. I, like most other baseball experts, think he is the best RH hitter in baseball, and some other schlub Yankee $kankee thinks its Albert Pooh-holes.

But if you really want to go down the "Manny sucks in the field" road...please see the above thread, for that argument has already been addressed and proven faulty. K? Thanks.

You word means sh*t around here....you blow more smoke then anybody in the history of homerism.

Manny Rameriez is a DH.

Have fun pretending he's a LF.

Manny requested a trade today.

According to SI's Tom Verducci, Manny Ramirez wants to be traded from the Boston Red Sox. Again.

Ramirez reportedly told team officials he is unhappy in Boston, particularly with his lack of privacy off the field. This would be the third time in four years that Ramirez has requested a trade. The report also states the Red Sox have no intention of moving him. This most likely is just another of one Manny's many mood swings. Jul. 26 - 1:22 pm et

Source: CNNSI.com

You word means Sh#t around here....you blow more smoke then anybody in the history of homerism.

Manny Rameriez is a DH.

Have fun pretending he's a LF.

I wonder what Miguel Cairo thinks of Manny's fielding skills? Miguel will get back to you, he's still winded from foolishly running the bases.

This is all coming from fans who think that Manny can't field, yet think that CI is better than Ozzie.

Manny requested a trade today.

According to SI's Tom Verducci, Manny Ramirez wants to be traded from the Boston Red Sox. Again.

Ramirez reportedly told team officials he is unhappy in Boston, particularly with his lack of privacy off the field. This would be the third time in four years that Ramirez has requested a trade. The report also states the Red Sox have no intention of moving him. This most likely is just another of one Manny's many mood swings. Jul. 26 - 1:22 pm et

Source: CNNSI.com

ID love to see how his legend shifts when he leaves beantown.

Clemens , Boggs anyone?

ID love to see how his legend shifts when he leaves beantown.

Clemens , Boggs anyone?

I hated to see the crucifixion of Boggs, Clemens, Nomar and others after leaving the Sox. Seems like winning the WS will cure some of that, hopefully.

Manny wants Privacy? What a joke! Then why does his wife hire a publicist (my cousins' fiance's company) and get them to do a pro-Manny article in Boston Magazine? An article that shows off the Brazilian Mrs' (beautiful lady) bling, little Manny and his replica Fenway Park bedroom and other unique things in the Penthouse Suite/luxury Condo at the Ritz Carlton in Boston? Oh yes, and Manny likes going to the movies and enjoys lobster pizza.....

Manny is a good guy. The idiot savant of hitting. A child in a man's body. He would have been better served had he stayed in Cleveland - where the media heat isn't on like it is in Boston or NY. Still, the Sox would never have won a WS without him....or without ORLANDO CABRERA!

OT rant: is there a significant difference between the man that fit in with the Sox so well (OC) and Edgard Renetria? No - not really. Wait - ER fields worse and gets paid more....okay, I get it :roll:

End of rant.

Manny wants Privacy? What a joke! Then why does his wife hire a publicist (my cousins' fiance's company) and get them to do a pro-Manny article in Boston Magazine? An article that shows off the Brazilian Mrs' (beautiful lady) bling, little Manny and his replica Fenway Park bedroom and other unique things in the Penthouse Suite/luxury Condo at the Ritz Carlton in Boston? Oh yes, and Manny likes going to the movies and enjoys lobster pizza.....

Manny is a good guy. The idiot savant of hitting. A child in a man's body. He would have been better served had he stayed in Cleveland - where the media heat isn't on like it is in Boston or NY. Still, the Sox would never have won a WS without him....or without ORLANDO CABRERA!

OT rant: is there a significant difference between the man that fit in with the Sox so well (OC) and Edgard Renetria? No - not really. Wait - ER fields worse and gets paid more....okay, I get it :roll:

End of rant.

I thought Capt. Amazing couldn't do no wrong?

Didn't you guys win the WS? who's in first place?

Ok front runner.

While I agree that there are a sh*tload of front-running Sox fans now, I have been a fan since 85.

Winning breeds front-runners. Which is why there are so many Yankee 'fans'.

While I agree that there are a sh*tload of front-running Sox fans now, I have been a fan since 85.

Winning breeds front-runners. Which is why there are so many Yankee 'fans'.

Ive been a Yankee fan since 84. So now you know how i feel about being called a front runner too.

I thought Capt. Amazing couldn't do no wrong?

Who is Captain Amazing? Jason Veritek? True - he does no wrong! :lol: ('cept for the silly "c" on his jersey - but I'll give him a pass (ooops, Mulligan)on that...."

Archived