A what if scenerio....

lawngnome o-line

What happens if Ryan is available at #6? Looking at Baltimore's QB situation they may be desperate to trade up for Ryan if he's considered the best QB on their board. Do we pick Ryan and have them pick a player we want, alla Eli Manning trade a few years ago? Personally, if it means we can milk a few more picks out of Baltimore and still be able to land Gholston at #8 that would be the best of both worlds for the teams.

Any thoughts?

I don't know, if I'm the Ravens and Ryan is still on the board at #6 and he'd be our guy at #8, I'd have to take my chances that the Jets aren't going to go QB right there and the pats definitely wouldn't.

You just have to worry about other teams trading up, but I don't think anybody wants to trade up to #6 and pay top $ for a guy that got picked off 19 times last year and completed under 60% of his passes. But hey, that's just me.

What happens if Ryan is available at #6? Looking at Baltimore's QB situation they may be desperate to trade up for Ryan if he's considered the best QB on their board. Do we pick Ryan and have them pick a player we want, alla Eli Manning trade a few years ago? Personally, if it means we can milk a few more picks out of Baltimore and still be able to land Gholston at #8 that would be the best of both worlds for the teams.

Any thoughts?

I say when were on the clock trade it to Baltimore, and get their first,2nd, and 4th.

Then our draft will look like this

Round 1- Quentin Groves

Round 2A- Cliff Avril(If gone Brandon Flowers)

Round 2B- BACB, or BALB depending on 2A

Round 4A-

Any thoughts?

Too risky. what if the Ravens say no. and besides there are other teams interested in Ryan beside the Ravens. The Bears and Panthers. Maybe even Tampa.

Why would Baltimore trade with us knowing the Pats aren't going to pick a QB

If the Jets have them convinced they're prepared to trade the pick to someone else who wants Ryan if they don't.

Any thoughts?

I thought about this too. The only problem is can the Jets convince Baltimore that New England is going to trade their pick? Otherwise, unless the Jets plan to take Ryan, Baltimore might just wait it out to the #8 pick. It's not like Baltimore is afraid New England is going to take Ryan and they have to swoop in there. You're also assuming that Gholston will be there at 8. He might but it doesn't seem likely with the hype. Personally, I'm fine with them trading down and actually prefer getting a few more day 1 picks, but I don't see that scenario happening.

I've also heard that the Ravens are high on Henne and Brohm as well so I'd be surprised if they gave up a lot to get the Jets pick. Regardless, the Jets will have someone available to them that will get phone calls from other teams looking to trade up. Whether or not they like the offers they receive is what will determine if they pull the trigger on something like that.

Any thoughts?

Heres what we do..swap with baltimore... and then have us pick 8th... we wil get a third rounder from them for that... and they wil take matt ryan.. and then mcfadden will stil be there at 8 because the pats are not taking him..

Heres what we do..swap with baltimore... and then have us pick 8th... we wil get a third rounder from them for that... and they wil take matt ryan.. and then mcfadden will stil be there at 8 because the pats are not taking him..

Whats to stop the pats from trading out with another team to screw over the Jets. Belichick would love to do that. and if the Jets made a trade like that it would be crystal clear what to do.

If Mcfadden is at six. take him, don't get greedy. Toon you know better than that

Any thoughts?

Whats to stop the pats from trading out with another team to screw over the Jets. Belichick would love to do that. and if the Jets made a trade like that it would be crystal clear what to do.

If Mcfadden is at six. take him, don't get greedy. Toon you know better than that

Yeah your right...

Is this a joke?

If DMC is the only player worth the 7th overall pick when the Pats are picking, and we're going right behind them, do you really think there's a chance in hell that the Pats dont trade that pick?

Heck. They'd probably do it for a 2nd and 3rd rounder. :Nuts:

Archived